• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, am I right in assuming that TRU isn't selling the Mii Fighter 3-pack online? I probably will not have a chance to show up when they open this Sunday to try and snag a box.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, am I right in assuming that TRU isn't selling the Mii Fighter 3-pack online? I probably will not have a chance to show up when they open this Sunday to try and snag a box.

Probably not. Which reminds me:

If anyone is lining up for TRU on Sunday don't forget IT'S DAYLIGHTS SAVINGS TIME. There is a chance that more people might come earlier due to it. They are supposed to get good stock in, but it's worth noting.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Grats! Buy more.

I have quite a few already... XD

s21LfgK.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dude, those are some HUGE amiibo. Are those Japan only at the moment?

Can I scan that Squid Girl into Splatoon? Miku into Project Mirai DX?

prateeko

If anyone is lining up for TRU on Sunday don't forget IT'S DAYLIGHTS SAVINGS TIME. There is a chance that more people might come earlier due to it. They are supposed to get good stock in, but it's worth noting.

Wait - I thought things were getting released on the 13?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

so many Ses

it's Daylight Saving Time

Wait - I thought things were getting released on the 13?

Things will get released on the first and you'll like it.

Those things would be the Mii Fighters three-pack and Mega Yarn Yoshi.

Gameboy415

Lots of new, Euro-exclusive amiibo stuff is now up for pre-order on Amazon.it with shipping to the US! :D

Animal Crossing amiibo Card Collector's Album + 1 Pack (Limited Edition)

Animal Crossing amiibo - K.K. (Individually carded)

Animal Crossing amiibo - Reese (Individually carded)

Animal Crossing amiibo - Cyrus (Individually carded)

Chibi Robo amiibo (Limited Edition)

They're all up on Amazon.de now too, but strangely can't be shipped to the US.

Also, not sure if anyone else is interested but the Project Zero/Fatal Frame LE set for Wii U is back up on Amazon.de with US shipping (choose Amazon as a seller):

Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water LE for Wii U

I just ordered all of the stuff listed above and got an e-mail saying my Famicom Robot & Mewtwo shipped from Amazon Japan - Life is good! :D

Open all the non-doubles, sell the sealed doubles?

FREE THEM

Play with your toys. Don't be a hoarder or collector. Have fun.

fuck boxes, sell dupes

It looks like you already got a bunch of good advice here but yeah, take 'em out. Boxes just seal away fun.

Well, I took everyone's advice and threw away that bulky packaging (except for my Shulk - you wouldn't understand). I put all the figurines into my Club Nintendo Majora's Mask tote bag. At least I finally found a use for that thing.

In other news... my God... how much have spent on amiibo??

edit: Close to $700 by my estimation.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
GakfHAW.gif

I, uh...Don't you think they deserve better than to be tossed into a bag?

I can actually say from experience that it is not a good idea. Originally I had mine gently set in a plastic bag as I had zero room to put them in. I then found (and still need to clean...) the black scuff on Kirby's forehead. Amiibo are very prone to paint rubs when they sit together.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I can actually say from experience that it is not a good idea. Originally I had mine gently set in a plastic bag as I had zero room to put them in. I then found (and still need to clean...) the black scuff on Kirby's forehead. Amiibo are very prone to paint rubs when they sit together.

I got a nice long bin to put them in. Fits them nicely and doesn't have them constantly rubbing against each other.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Well, I took everyone's advice and threw away that bulky packaging (except for my Shulk - you wouldn't understand). I put all the figurines into my Club Nintendo Majora's Mask tote bag.

OMG, you went from overprotective to overly reckless! Find a shelf for them or something!

In other news... my God... how much have spent on amiibo??

edit: Close to $700 by my estimation.

did you count tax?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Checked on status on my Amiibo card binder...
Delay in delivery due to external factors
0_o Did this happen to anyone else? This was apparently posted Wednesday, so this delay has been for several days.

Also I checked the Amazon.de price for the new binder and it's wayyyyyy too much! The Germany price and shipping is way above UK's for me :/

Boogiepop

Checked on status on my Amiibo card binder...

0_o Did this happen to anyone else? This was apparently posted Wednesday, so this delay has been for several days.

Also I checked the Amazon.de price for the new binder and it's wayyyyyy too much! The Germany price and shipping is way above UK's for me :/

Mine hit "out for delivery" yesterday and then "processed at transit hub" today. But it has like no information as to where it actually is. I just know it's apparently been in the country for a bit. So that's odd, but I imagine it'll probably arrive ahead of the scheduled delivery date of 11/10, but we'll see.

And yeah, I'm thinking I'll see the first binder before I decide if it's worth the price to order the second one as well. Still, sure would be nice if we could just get these in the US normally...

Kitoro

Gah, my last question got buried at the end of the last page.

Any news on Modern 8-Bit Mario coming to the US standalone, or should I just import a Japanese one for $16? About to pull the trigger, but will feel bitter if I could just pick one up at Best Buy for $11 next month.

Thanks!

Boogiepop

Mine hit "out for delivery" yesterday and then "processed at transit hub" today. But it has like no information as to where it actually is. I just know it's apparently been in the country for a bit. So that's odd, but I imagine it'll probably arrive ahead of the scheduled delivery date of 11/10, but we'll see.

And yeah, I'm thinking I'll see the first binder before I decide if it's worth the price to order the second one as well. Still, sure would be nice if we could just get these in the US normally...

And it just arrived. And... it's not what I was expecting, huh. First off, it came with a pack of 3 European cards which is... I guess that's nice? Cool for if you're in Europe certainly and just picking it up to start off or whatever, but not a big deal for me. And it is BIG. Maybe fair enough for what it is and I guess it makes sense in that it's made to hold 9 cards per page, but I wasn't quite expecting that. It's also got a setup where it's alternating plastic pages to hold the cards, and then a sheet with the "blank" pictures of the cards, and then more plastic pages. So if you use it right it'll be alternating forward facing and backward facing, but not double-booking the cards ever, which is certainly different. Seems to have a good solid hold, unlike cheap card pages where they're always sliding out.

Oh, and European Amazon (or at least someone along the way) kicked the crap out of the box it came in. Like, it was a mess that was dented to hell. Fortunately the thing itself was fine, but geeze.

Anyway, I'll have to think on if I want to go with this again for Wave 2 or if I just want to go with a cheaper alternative. It's nice, but I'm not sure it's worth the money/effort.

Trevelyan

Banned
Alright guys, my wife is desperate for a Marcie AC card(as you've guessed, her name is Marcie, hah). Does anyone have an extra they'd be willing to spare? I'd spend $8 for the card and shipping if you have one!

Thanks.

JavyOO7

Alright guys, my wife is desperate for a Marcie AC card(as you've guessed, her name is Marcie, hah). Does anyone have an extra they'd be willing to spare? I'd spend $8 for the card and shipping if you have one!

Thanks.

I think I have an extra Marcie. When I go home I'll check. Her right?
NVL-C-MABT-USZ-F0(0)042.png

JavyOO7

Gah, my last question got buried at the end of the last page.

Any news on Modern 8-Bit Mario coming to the US standalone, or should I just import a Japanese one for $16? About to pull the trigger, but will feel bitter if I could just pick one up at Best Buy for $11 next month.

Thanks!

Its supposedly in Walmart's SKU system. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though, please.

Just picked up a Japan import Mewtwo from a 3rd party seller on Amazon. $22 (Prime) shipped is still pricey but still way cheaper than Play Asia. Many thanks to those who suggested this!

The end is near... I think. I'll admit I'm tempted by some of the Animal Crossing figures but then I remember how much I've spent on the Smash line and I don't plan on buying either of the games they're compatible with.

My amiibo card album came today from amazon. Pretty sweet, didn't realize it came with a pack of cards...and that the EU cards are actually slightly different from ours! ;-;

fPXRKkJ.jpg

Dang you Europe! Dang you to heck.

Got Lyle who I needed, but I might try to see if I can swap it for a US one lol

Its interesting the "silhouette" is actually on a separate page that's bound behind the card pages. Kind of a neat idea and I'd love to see that in some sort of Pokemon card album. I really wish Nintendo would get on that and make more card albums.

pLtxX4x.jpg
cSenV1O.jpg

Zalman

My amiibo card album came today from amazon. Pretty sweet, didn't realize it came with a pack of cards...and that the EU cards are actually slightly different from ours! ;-;
It made me so mad when I found out Kid Icarus cards were different. At least it's good to know that's the case with Animal Crossing too. Is it only the back though? Same front, card size etc.? I could deal with that.

It made me so mad when I found out Kid Icarus cards were different. At least it's good to know that's the case with Animal Crossing too. Is it only the back though? Same front, card size etc.? I could deal with that.

Card size is exactly the same, although I actually just double checked and realized there's more name translations (maybe some eurofriends can chime in for which languages those are for) and actually the EU name/number text is a thinner version of the font. And then of course there's a different code too.

Hf4od5p.jpg

Velcro Fly

I got my album super fast

Wasn't supposed to be here until the 11th or something and I got it today

Box looked beat to hell but album was fine

96/100 with two of those on the way now

I don't know that I'll have the diligence to do this for all four series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom