• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javier

Is Ike really that rare in the USA?

He's been common in Chile for the past couple of months.

Like, you walk into a store and buy one.

Is Ike really that rare in the USA?

He's been common in Chile for the past couple of months.

Like, you walk into a store and buy one.

He is rare, unfortunately. You can find imports of him for $20, but a NA one is at ~$28, in terms of Amazon purchases.

I plan on importing him and maybe some others if I fail to get them on Black Friday.

With Rosalina's Amiibo confirmed to now work with Style Savvy AND Mario Tennis, they HAVE to restock her again right? Or announce a Super Mario version? It seems like everyone else is becoming pretty easy to find with all the restocking going on but I never hear about Rosalina. ):<

ngower

Do we know anything about the rarity of the Animal Crossing amiibo? I've sorta stopped paying attention to the amiibo craze but damned if I don't want all of those villagers!

unboxing of all the animal crossing amiibo curtesoy of Nintendo Minute looks like isabelle and digby dont come in a packaging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jK_K1HKXE8
The AC series is going to ruin me. A MIGHTY NEED!

With Rosalina's Amiibo confirmed to now work with Style Savvy AND Mario Tennis, they HAVE to restock her again right? Or announce a Super Mario version? It seems like everyone else is becoming pretty easy to find with all the restocking going on but I never hear about Rosalina. ):<
I really hope they restock her. I don't care for the Super Mario line but I really can't wait for her restock. Her amiibo is one of the few I've never seen in the wild.

Do we know anything about the rarity of the Animal Crossing amiibo? I've sorta stopped paying attention to the amiibo craze but damned if I don't want all of those villagers!
No idea yet.

JavyOO7

Got these in today. They look great.

aaf5451d44.png

InkoMint

Neo Member
There's one other person in a car with me at the store and I'm 1 hour early. I'm just really hoping BB puts those AC amiibo up for preorder soon...

yeah im going at 12 pm, hours after opening for villager
the wake up early x camp nightmare is over :)

still remember villager going for $100+ alone , well the 1st print might still

Skrams

Got there 5-10 minutes before 9 am opening. I was the first to sit outside and I think only one or two other guys got there before the doors opened. Overall there was maybe 4-5 people including me that picked up a villager within the first 5-10 minutes. They seemed to have plenty. They weren't on the shelf yet, but after a minute someone came out carrying a arm full of them. There was probably more where that came from.

Also used the TRU 20% off thing and it worked. Person ringing me up said ehhhhh it might not, but still tried and it was fine. Mannnn, Mega Yarn Yoshi might be more viable now.

Mewtwo up at Best Buy

Might have to wait a second since shipping currently costs money when it shouldn't?

KingBroly

Banned
I'd say 20 people showed up by the time I had completed my transaction and left.

And then I come home to see Mewtwo up for pre-order.

A good day for amiibo.

Mewtwo isn't a Best Buy exclusive, is it? I can't seem to choose ship to store even after check out. The site's going all wacky for me. Now, the checkout button doesn't even bring up a new page.

Marvie_3

Banned
Got to the TRU in times square an hour after they opened and they still had boxes of Villager left. Snagged one for a friend of mine that lives way out in the middle of nowhere and cant get to a TRU.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Guys I'm going crazy and internet pics do nothing to clear my doubts, which one's the "official/average" Ganondorf amiibo cape's look, should the cape be more "open/windy" with more space between it and Ganon's back? or more close to the back, following Ganon's waist and be "roundy" around the edges? Lol sorry for those fuckin' terms... I have both, have to give one away but I like 'em both so I wanna go for the "official" look

Dash Kappei

Dash Kappei said:
Guys I'm going crazy and internet pics do nothing to clear my doubts, which one's the "official/average" Ganondorf amiibo cape's look, should the cape be more "open/windy" with more space between it and Ganon's back? or more close to the back, following Ganon's waist and be "roundy" around the edges? Lol sorry for those fuckin' terms... I own both "versions" and have to give one figure away (selling my spares) but I like 'em both so I wanna go for the "official" look

pics should help a bit even tho they're terrible with glare and stuff:

Click to enlarge:
left /open
right /tighter

Boogiepop

Gah, keep getting "invalid product association" on the computer. Went through on the phone where I was charged shipping which I shouldn't be, but we'll see if I can get in a free shipping order and then cancel that one or something.

Edit: Talking Mewtwo at Best Buy, for clarity.

Skrams

Gah, keep getting "invalid product association" on the computer. Went through on the phone where I was charged shipping which I shouldn't be, but we'll see if I can get in a free shipping order and then cancel that one or something.

Edit: Talking Mewtwo at Best Buy, for clarity.

Yeah, I was able to add him at first, but shipping was there so I decided to wait to see when it'd get fixed. Tried adding him again after a bit and got that error. I'm making an assumption based off the Falco preorder still being up, but I think I'll just wait a few hours or a day to see it get fixed. Rather that then buy, cancel, buy.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
20% coupon wouldn't take at mine, due to their "we need the original coupon" policy. Coupons can be made fake, but se places are more picky than others.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Villager on TRU online but won't let me add to cart.

Edit: Ah I see. You can try to add him to cart on mobile site. Desktop he's grayed out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Some people at mine took several minutes trying to pick out a Villager... I grabbed one "looks good!" and was the first to check out, despite being 10th in line.

(None even looked flawed/wreaked.... :x)

Since I have GCU I went ahead and pre order Mewtwo(Even though I have it pre ordered at walmart.com, saved a few bucks) but I never got a confirmation email from Best Buy

Boogiepop

Guess I'll try contacting customer service since Mewtwo is now giving a "this item is currently unavailable for online purchase", so it's probably better to try to just get them to fix the shipping on my current order.

decided to skip the pre-order on mewtwo since im just gonna do what i always do goto meijer at midnight and get what i need has yet to fail me been doing it that way since wave 4 :)

My TRU didnt have villager on display, had to ask worker cuz they kept it in boxes. Can't believe i got villager for 12 bux n change :eek:

Now the wait for ryu

Dash Kappei

I know you guys are deep with the M2 preorders game but if you maybe took a second to check on your Ganon figure and see which version you got... please? ;-)

FINALLY got the email confirmation of my Mewtwo order so I assume everything is OK. Just dont know if I should go ahead and cancel the mewtwo order I had at walmart since now I have the best buy one..since its a pre order there is always a chance it wont go through so not sure what to do

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn it, I checked TRU's site & it said Villager was available for shipping, but then the product page says you can't add it to the cart. Gonna have a friend try to get me one tomorrow or so. After him & Falco, I really only need Wario, Robin, & Lucina (oh and Toon Link, since it seems he works different from Link at times) since I don't care for the Pokemon ones and we've got a while for Roy, Lucas, & Ryu (who will be the easiest of the group to find).

Really, if Shovel Knight comes out next month, he'll be the last amiibo of the year that I'll want. Mega Yarn Yoshi is a bit expensive for not being that much bigger, & being TRU exclusive doesn't help.

Dash Kappei

Here's ours! It's close to the body/not windy! :)
8HVsLOa.jpg

Yes! It's practically identical to the one I have (right pic)! Damn it's unbelievable how different the other one looks and how it modifies the pose for such a smallish details...
Basically one has Ganon on top of the windy hyrule hills above the fields waiting for Link to show up, the other one sees him standing still waiting for Link inside the castle, side of the throne :D

It pains me a bit giving it away cause it looks great, but I like the "official" look all the same and one has to go ;)
Hopefully I won't regret it!

Really appreciate your help, thx man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom