• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavyOO7

From r/amiibo

Marth is on amazon

Supposedly you gotta keep refreshing. Hopefully you guys can get it on MSRP.

EDIT - Looks like they've been picked up already. Sucks.

Boogiepop

I got my album super fast

Wasn't supposed to be here until the 11th or something and I got it today

Box looked beat to hell but album was fine

96/100 with two of those on the way now

I don't know that I'll have the diligence to do this for all four series.

Wait, is there some kind of confirmation that there's going to be four? It's obvious from what's in 1 and 2 that we should at least be getting a 3, but I feel like 4 would stretch the "special" NPCs pretty thin...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have no interest in the Mii fighters, especially if it's just the default looks.

I'd be getting Villager if I had a TRU near me, but gonna have to see if my friends (one of which just got a job at TRU) can help me out or see about on here.

Do you think when Mario Tennis gets released, we'll get a Wario reprint since the game acts similar to Smash in which you train a CPU character based on the amiibo you scan?

Skrams

So if I want the Mii Fighters and a Villager I should just show up at a TRU tomorrow morning right? I don't feel the need to get there early since I've heard stock numbers are above 30 something I think? I never checked my local TRU for Bowser Jr either back when he launched. I wonder if they'd somehow have one. I'll probably bite the bullet if they do.

Neifirst

So if I want the Mii Fighters and a Villager I should just show up at a TRU tomorrow morning right? I don't feel the need to get there early since I've heard stock numbers are above 30 something I think? I never checked my local TRU for Bowser Jr either back when he launched. I wonder if they'd somehow have one. I'll probably bite the bullet if they do.

Pretty sure that Villager is back on the 8th of November, not tomorrow. Mii Fighters should be there though.

So I think I'm gonna watch the Lions game from London tomorrow instead of waiting in line. (9 AM EST) Not only is it a waste of time watching this team, but I have a feeling there will be a line at the local TRU. That being said, nobody was waiting in line for the Retro 3 pack at Gamestop when it launched. I'm torn for real. I want to support my awful NFL team, but I also don't want this to be the Amiibo I am missing out on my complete collection to date.

zroid

Banned
It's obviously not gonna happen but if custom Mii amiibos were ever a thing, I'd be all over that, probably even at whatever high price they would surely command

not much interest in the generic Miis that are actually for sale :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I sure am! Also need to order an import Mii Gunner to make Diggehmiibo somehow.

Surely you'll find some modder you can send it to and get done.

Supposed to rain in my area tomorrow and it's pretty cool tonight. I'll probably wait in the car if it's bad tomorrow but I'll see what the line looks like.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm going to head out in about 30 minutes with my 3DS and extra amiibo cards to trade. And a list of what cards I need.

It helps that I played TCG's a few years ago, so I have so spare Holders to put the foil cards in :)

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
Going to go pick up mii fighters today. Villager will be out today too?

If so, anybody need me to pick one up for them?

Skrams

Just picked up Miis and Bowser Jr. Surprised there was Jr even. I got there a few minutes past ten, so maybe I missed the line. There was about 5 or 6 left at St Matthews, Louisville, KY TRU. I'll probably show up next week for Villager too.

People probably already got over this a while ago too, but man it's weird they charge an extra dollar for every amiibos. Mii Fighters promo for 4 dollars off making it 36? What a steal.

JavyOO7

The Mii fighters look really cute so I think you guys will like them just fine.

Just paid Tenso so my package will be here hopefully by Friday...

Chibi Robo stand alone (will get the game eventually)
Lucario and Modern Mario for my buddy's birthday
Splatoon OST
Mewtwo and Famicom ROB

Not too bad...

Walked in at 11:05. Saw maybe one Nintendo fan walking out with the three pack. They had maybe a half dozen of the three pack on shelves. More in the back according to the cashier. Still a bunch of Shulk, Bowser Jr, Fox, and others too.

It's been a long journey, but that may be my last early morning amiibo hunt. Not sure if I have it in me for the DLC. Been playing this meta game for nearly a year now.

Looked like there were still plenty in Council Bluffs, IA. I got there about 40 minutes after they opened. Looks like there wasn't much (if any) of a line because the people I normally see were there when I was.

Tons of Shulk too. Didn't really notice if anything else was there. I just grabbed my 3-pack and left. I just noticed Shulk because I was taken aback by how many there were.

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member
Forgot toys r us has special November hours so I got there at 10 and plenty were still on the shelves. Saw two other people who were there to buy the 3 pack. I'm liking the increased availability these days.

kirby_fox

Banned
Don't think anyone showed up at my TRU, did see two kids picking up some Mii figures, other than that shelves had plenty of stock.

Same here. One guy walked into the aisle to look alongside me. Was trying to see if there was a Sheik there to get my brother for Xmas.

Guess I'll just grab one off Amazon.

Dang, I strolled in after 11 and they had plenty of stock...at least 40 if not more, plus some in the side display with Nintendo games. Also a healthy selection of other things, Splatoon singles, Shulk, Bowser Jr. Lots of nice stuff.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbing an egg mcmuffin and then heading to TRU. Only half an hour early... just in case. Not many TRUs around here, so ya never know.

I'll do the same next week for Villager but go reeeeeeeal early for giant Yoshi.

Boogiepop

1 more thing knocked out, so hooray! Now if the non-Walmart retailers could just put up the stuff coming out soon... (Still have the AC stuff outside of obviously Lottie with them, but I would prefer something more... solid, especially after they cancelled Mewtwo on me... plus because of that I need to lock him down again as well)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well just as everyone said, it was open at 9, not 10, but was in and out no problem :) Didn't look like they had many left, though.

Next up: Villager version B!

Velcro Fly

My local Best Buy had about 30 Marths today

Not in the amiibo section

They had a rack in the middle of a main aisle with what looked like extra figures for amiibo, Disney Infinity and Skylanders

And it was just nothing but Marth

The flood is real

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The diggehmibbo is a lie! Terrible OT. WENT TO TARGET, BB, TRU....got nothing.

Anyone else who pre-ordered diggehmiibos still waiting on a conformation email?

Pls they went up last like last Sunday at 3am.

Retailers always think we are awake athe 3am. I bet all the scalpers got em. So salty. Pls

5LqzfnT.gif

It doesn't get any easier than today. My TRU always has 30+ people lined up on launch days. Because my shitty football team played at 9:30 AM (EST) today I didn't wait in line and instead watched the Lions get killed in London. I got to TRU at around 1 PM and there were easily 50 Mii Fighter 3 packs left. There was even a Shulk (in a bent box) and tons of others. Either the 3 pack was very well stocked or the hype is dying. I'm not taking my chances on Mega Yarn Yoshi and Mew though.

Either the 3 pack was very well stocked or the hype is dying. I'm not taking my chances on Mega Yarn Yoshi and Mew though.

Stores had 52 per store minimum if I remember correctly what it said in their big Christmas book. Comparatively, there's only 18 minimum for yarn...however the higher price point my deter some people.

Mewtwo I'm expecting to sell out but on launch it should be good.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Stores had 52 per store minimum if I remember correctly what it said in their big Christmas book. Comparatively, there's only 18 minimum for yarn...however the higher price point my deter some people.

I sure hope so... that or scalpers will be busy again, since it is a popular character. Even in the TRU holiday toy catalog it lists it as "collector alert!" which is just begging for them to come :p

I'm getting a little worried for Mega Yarn Yoshi and I'm contemplating going at 6AM and dealing with the wait in order to secure myself one. Back in May when Wave 4 launched, there must have been some 55 people in line at my local TRU. Surprised I walked out with a Greninja because I think I was #48 in line.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting a little worried for Mega Yarn Yoshi and I'm contemplating going at 6AM and dealing with the wait in order to secure myself one. Back in May when Wave 4 launched, there must have been some 55 people in line at my local TRU. Surprised I walked out with a Greninja because I think I was #48 in line.

Don't forget they open at 9AM now, to consider how early to go.

Told myself I'd only get Ryu from now on. Got pink yarny, wario, and charizard :eek: If I was single, I'd collect em all. Guilt trippin ftw

(may try for villager...)

Def Jukie

Does anyone know if the Japanese R.O.B. gives you a different skin in the North American version of Yoshi's Woolly World? I would think it would just unlock the same version as the North American one but I haven't been able to find any concrete info online and I'm curious.

I haven't yet decided if I'll buy the Mii Fighter 3-Pack. I have decided, however, to put off the Mega Yarn Yoshi until it's no longer exclusive to TRU.

Of course, I'll be nabbing Villager on the 8th as well as Mewtwo and Green Yarn Yoshi on the 13th, followed by Falco to fill out the month. Hope we get news about Lucas soon (like after the 13th when the Animal Crossing series debuts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom