• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I care. Thanks for your diligence, champ.
You too, Diggeh.

edit: Also, what the fudge is up with Summer Isabelle in NA? Is she going to be bundled with a game or something? This is why I import, smh...

My guess is she'll get bundled with Happy Home Designer. Which works for me cuz I don't have the game yet.

Velcro Fly

Cards not available to ship

Nonexistent in stores near me

Think I'm just going to give up on those so that I don't get stuck paying a ton of money for shipping because of shitty limits everywhere

Also can't wait for scumfuck NoA to have Isabelle part of another bundle.

Got those two from Wave 3 (seriously love Kapp'n) and Kicks/Resetti from Wave 2. Celeste and Blathers I'm going to have to either get elsewhere or get in store. Maybe from GameStop with a few card packs.

Also a limit of 3 means 3 forever apparently. I tried splitting my Blathers/Celeste purchases with 3 packs on each order and can't get the second order to go through. This card business is so dumb.

Bane

Also a limit of 3 means 3 forever apparently. I tried splitting my Blathers/Celeste purchases with 3 packs on each order and can't get the second order to go through. This card business is so dumb.

I had this too but after waiting a few days I was just able to put in another order for 3 packs. Might be worth keeping in mind.

Man, series 3 just announced for NA and I still haven't even begun posting in the trade thread to finish series 1.

Velcro Fly

I had this too but after waiting a few days I was just able to put in another order for 3 packs. Might be worth keeping in mind.

Man, series 3 just announced for NA and I still haven't even begun posting in the trade thread to finish series 1.

Thanks for the heads up

Toys R Us has them up for MSRP and free shipping on over $19 with the limit of 3. I'd only need to add like a buck to that to ship for free.

Just trying to scrounge up enough cards to start being able to trade again. I got like the last 30 I needed from the trade thread. Would love to do that again

You know, we've been in OT 7 for a good while now. Within this OT, they amiibo situation seems to have gotten much better. Both in terms of supply and general quality of they amiibo. Things seem to be going well.

A little too well.

What will push us into they next thread? I got a feeling something is coming AmiiboGAF. Don't ask me what it is, but I have a feeling. I just do.

Boogiepop

Rover, Kapp'n, and AC series 3 cards are up for preorder at Best Buy!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...D=1&siteID=nWAAteHRWjk-RPO_xyfolsKSEXtZxyUe7g

EDIT: Guess nobody cares :-(

Thanks! Grabbed the two there along with Kicks (cancelled him on my Amazon order since he wasn't shipping anyway), and then added a $10 eshop card because of course both sets 2 and 3 of the cards aren't available for shipping, and amazingly neither is the new Mario and Luigi game! And yeah, apparently we're back to needing to hit free shipping for amiibo, I guess. Got away with it on Ryu (/fami ROB), but not here. Oh well.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think people liked the fun of collecting and trying to score rare amiibo now it's just boring

Well, we used to get a dozen Amiibos released at once or within a few weeks apart, sometimes with several being store exclusives. That sent people looking for information and guidance in places like GAF's OT. Now we get one or two Amiibos released at once, which is much easier for the average person to keep track of.

Except Animal Crossing Amiibos. Those still release in sets of four or five at a time. But AC characters clearly have much less appeal than the wide variety of characters who had been getting figures over the previous year. There's no appetite for them, which means no hype and no discussion in this thread.

I don't think this thread will really pick up again until they A) start releasing alt costumes for Smash characters, or B) release an extensive line of Legend of Zelda Amiibos. If either of those involve releasing a bunch of figures all at once with some store exclusives, it'll increase traffic even more.

The madness, the chaos is what drove people to fill up OTs. Nintendo's Amiibos releases have calmed down, and so has this OT.

Piscus

Well, we used to get a dozen Amiibos released at once or within a few weeks apart, sometimes with several being store exclusives. That sent people looking for information and guidance in places like GAF's OT. Now we get one or two Amiibos released at once, which is much easier for the average person to keep track of.

Except Animal Crossing Amiibos. Those still release in sets of four or five at a time. But AC characters clearly have much less appeal than the wide variety of characters who had been getting figures over the previous year. There's no appetite for them, which means no hype and no discussion in this thread.

I don't think this thread will really pick up again until they A) start releasing alt costumes for Smash characters, or B) release an extensive line of Legend of Zelda Amiibos. If either of those involve releasing a bunch of figures all at once with some store exclusives, it'll increase traffic even more.

The madness, the chaos is what drove people to fill up OTs. Nintendo's Amiibos releases have calmed down, and so has this OT.

...still Best OT, though.

Skrams

Friend of mine confirmed one showing up randomly in an electronics shipment today at her TRU.

If there's just one at each store, its either a random bundle in with new shipments for stores, or maybe just accidentally got to TRU's shipments.
I think I saw it on reddit or something before that sometimes TRU gets a weird exclusive figure here and there. The example I saw a while back was a lone Dr Mario for whatever reason.
I think people liked the fun of collecting and trying to score rare amiibo now it's just boring
That's it a little for me even though I got into them pretty late in the game. I only started seriously going at it around I think whatever wave Lucina was. I also got lucky that wave and got them online from walmart at that early time. It was still a bit thrilling at the time. The reduced amiibos recently of the smash line have made me care less too. AC amiibo being drastically overstocked with little demand makes me less in a hurry to get them. I got the first line, but this recent line I haven't picked up yet. I'll probably wait a bit until I have more money or a lucky sale happens.

I'd love to see a new line come out to spark more interest again. Star Fox or Zelda would be fine. I kind of doubt Paper Mario since the 2D nature of the figures, but it'd be neat to see. G&W happened, but I kind of doubt a whole line of Paper Mario could happen.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
You know, we've been in OT 7 for a good while now. Within this OT, they amiibo situation seems to have gotten much better. Both in terms of supply and general quality of they amiibo. Things seem to be going well.

A little too well.

What will push us into they next thread? I got a feeling something is coming AmiiboGAF. Don't ask me what it is, but I have a feeling. I just do.

I'm sure they'll announce something crazy like a classic Zelda line. We'll be in OT8 soon enough!

...still Best OT, though.

FW3f4XR.gif

Bane

I'd love to see a new line come out to spark more interest again. Star Fox or Zelda would be fine. I kind of doubt Paper Mario since the 2D nature of the figures, but it'd be neat to see. G&W happened, but I kind of doubt a whole line of Paper Mario could happen.

Paper Mario and RPG versions of Mario and Luigi would all be cool.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
You wouldn't happen to need a Dedede, Lucario, Meta Knight, Nes, Robin, Jiggly Puff or Silver Mario would you? I would love to trade for that Chibi Robo.

Good Lord, dude, you're giving up the farm for a common figure! Such charity!

Rover, Kapp'n, and AC series 3 cards are up for preorder at Best Buy!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...D=1&siteID=nWAAteHRWjk-RPO_xyfolsKSEXtZxyUe7g

EDIT: Guess nobody cares :-(

Man, I haven't even seen series 2 packs in stores yet except for one that was hiding behind a series 1 pack. Hard to get excited for a series 3 already.

TheGrue

Well, while Amazon will only let you buy Series 2 AC cards in lumps of three every few days, I walked into a Target and they had 17 packs. Bought them all and with the three I'm getting from Amazon, should have enough to be able to trade for a full set.

G0523

So, after getting an email yesterday from Amazon saying that they don't know when my Lucas amiibo will be shipped, I got another email from them today saying that it'll be here. It's being shipped via FedEx and apparently they have already tried to deliver to me but I wasn't home. Except that I was home. There was no one at my front door this morning. They're apparently going to try again later this afternoon. And the "attempted delivery" was actually in the next city over. I have to ask again: what the fuck is going on with Amazon?!

Oh, and my Kicks amiibo still hasn't shipped. Amazon doesn't know when it will be shipped. I've seen this amiibo at multiple stores already. I might as well just cancel it from Amazon and buy it myself next time I'm out.

RaidenZR

So, after getting an email yesterday from Amazon saying that they don't know when my Lucas amiibo will be shipped, I got another email from them today saying that it'll be here. It's being shipped via FedEx and apparently they have already tried to deliver to me but I wasn't home. Except that I was home. There was no one at my front door this morning. They're apparently going to try again later this afternoon. And the "attempted delivery" was actually in the next city over. I have to ask again: what the fuck is going on with Amazon?!

Oh, and my Kicks amiibo still hasn't shipped. Amazon doesn't know when it will be shipped. I've seen this amiibo at multiple stores already. I might as well just cancel it from Amazon and buy it myself next time I'm out.

My Lucas amiibo arrived yesterday. My Kicks doesn't have a date either... but since I don't NEED these things immediately, I'm not fretting about it. I'd rather save the $2 and just be patient. The stock for Kicks isn't low globally or anything. They'll get it to you.

G0523

My Lucas amiibo arrived yesterday. My Kicks doesn't have a date either... but since I don't NEED these things immediately, I'm not fretting about it. I'd rather save the $2 and just be patient. The stock for Kicks isn't low globally or anything. They'll get it to you.

Right, but I just find it weird that Amazon told me that they were having stock issues when no one else is.

tumblr_inline_o1cx8tppQy1qax57k_500.gif

Something is going on with Amazon. I don't know if they're having employee issues or delivery issues or what but it's greatly affecting their business when they can't fulfill a $13 item.

got an email with a delivery estimate for lucas

woke up this morning, had my old expired card on my amazon account, so it didn't go through

updated with new card

delivery estimate: we don't know when this will ship

i missed the boat. back of the line
ill never get him ill never get him ill never get him

RaidenZR

Right, but I just find it weird that Amazon told me that they were having stock issues when no one else is.

tumblr_inline_o1cx8tppQy1qax57k_500.gif

Something is going on with Amazon. I don't know if they're having employee issues or delivery issues or what but it's greatly affecting their business when they can't fulfill a $13 item.

I had to wait for Lucas while my Resetti shipped fine. They just took more orders than they initially had stock for. Stupid of them to do that but they were also starting that Prime discount on preorders promotion at the same time. Bad timing.

Draxal

I mean most amiibo buyers buy them from Best Buy or Amazon now just due to discounts Those are the locations that will mostly have stock issues.

RaidenZR

I have a feeling we'll get more Mega Yarn Yoshi in the next couple months. And not just at TRU.

In other news, I bought Chibi Robo since it's so cheap. The shipping box was in perfect condition but the amiibo box itself was pretty mangled.

NTBcvMF.jpg

Amazon customer service has a replacement on its way. I asked what would happen should this one arrive damaged as well. They instructed me to contact them again so they can notify a manager and pull the product from sale.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
In other news, I bought Chibi Robo since it's so cheap. The shipping box was in perfect condition but the amiibo box itself was pretty mangled.

NTBcvMF.jpg

Amazon customer service has a replacement on its way. I asked what would happen should this one arrive damaged as well. They instructed me to contact them again so they can notify a manager and pull the product from sale.

Amazon what are you doing?? Packaging looks sufficient, so that mangled box I guess was from an angry employee or something?

fernoca

I didn't even bother with MYY because I knew I wasn't going to be able to get one, but what was the original price on it anyway?
$40*

*Toys R Us had a 20% coupon that day and combined with another coupon I had, paid $22 for it. Interesting day because they didn't had them in the area with the other amiibo but at the register and only 3 remained when I asked. Then 2 people came running and screaming asking for them. The customer next to me told me to hold that Yoshi as close to me as possible. :p

Skrams

Best Buy Lucas Estimated Date 1/27/2016

You aren't going to make that date ups. Not with it last showing it being one state over and in transit.

Amazon what are you doing?? Packaging looks sufficient, so that mangled box I guess was from an angry employee or something?

You just can't trust Amazon to handle any nintendo product with any care for some reason. I really don't understand how it's been that fucked for them consistently over the years. Also maybe the people or machines loading these just really fucking hate amiibos.

You just can't trust Amazon to handle any nintendo product with any care for some reason. I really don't understand how it's been that fucked for them consistently over the years. Also maybe the people or machines loading these just really fucking hate amiibos.

I have a feeling since it's just the top that's crushed in a very specific manner that the person packing it was in a hurry (they're under tremendous pressure to be) and the top of the amiibo backing card got caught on the bottom flap of the shipping box when being inserted in the box at an angle (opposed to set/laid in), squished, removed, and then laid into the box.

The 4 new Animal Crossing amiibo got here today from BestBuy. Outer box was mangled a bit, but all the items are fine. No bent cardbacks or anything. Highly suggest ordering from them instead of Amazon on this latest wave if you're still looking for Blathers, Celeste, Kicks, Resetti.

That Chibi-Robo! My heart is breaking. You'd think he'd get better treatment from somebody, poor guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom