• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now, Amazon. That's much better.

ch8kaRR.jpg

Callie and Marie amiibo.
[Heavy breathing ]

Also on the wish list:
- Dong, Overalls Wario, WAHweegee, Boo and Rosie for Mario Party
- If we actually see that Pikmin 4 in the next few years, I'd like a standalone Pikmin figure. Either all of them or each color on their own base.
- Cap'n, Judd and maybe another squid with a different weapon for Splatoon. Personally, a roller or sniper would be good and a darker skin tone would be great too.
- My theory is for more Pokemon ones for Pokken Fighter. I'd like to see Jiggles and Grneinja added to the roster so all the Smash ones work, then card versions for all the other Fighters. I mean, its gonna be weird for just one to be used on it, right?
- DETECTIVE PIKACHU WHEN

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, I actually might give in & get Detective Pikachu if it gets made.....even if I know it would barely be useful.

.......actually, imagine a whole line of Pikachu amiibo based on different outfits. I'd totally buy Luchador Pikachu considering it can freakin' german suplex a Charizard.

Gameboy415

Callie & Marie amiibo!? Yes, please! :D

My Famicom ROB from Amazon JP/Tenso was finally delivered yesterday and I tracked down the DK & Bowser Skylanders combo packs at the ONE Best Buy in NW Illinois that has them available in-store! Got a few more AC Series 2 packs there too! :D
(It's the store on Butterfield Rd., if anyone local is looking!)

Plus I just ordered the Wii U Dark Edition Starter Pack with Dark DK from Amazon (which is currently on sale for ~$43 with Prime Shipping!) so I'm officially all caught up. :)

Just a heads up to you UK Amiibo peoplez. CEX are selling Animal Crossing Amiibo cards for 50p each. Some might be £3 but I've managed to pick up lot's of specials (Isabelle, DJ.K.K, Tom Nook) etc for £1 each. Went into Watford and got a around 20 cards for £16. So good since you don't have to buy packs and get the same card again since they're on display in CEX stores. Will list my trades later on.

Fox Mulder

My amiibo package was stolen and I've been on hold with gamestop for over an hour. Says they delivered it to my front door 3 days ago and there was never any packages down there since I've been home every morning the past few days.

Fucking ugh.

get a po box. I currently have the worst post office in my life since moving to my current location. I constantly have fucked up deliveries. A po box at least cuts out the dipshit delivery drivers.

Moving so I opened up all my amiibos. Didn't have enough room to take them all in their boxes

I keep mine boxed because they look nice, but I'm also redoing my whole set up and will likely open them to cut down on the space they currently take. Amiibo got me into other figures like neca, figuarts, etc.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
WTF, that's cheaper than a normal-sized Yarn Yoshi in the US. Did it get overproduced in Japan or did someone at the store fuck-up and price it as standard Green Yarn Yoshi?

The way he explained it to me is that Japanese people prefer smaller items so it's not popular or something. orz

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Makes sense (you can only fit so many things into an apartment...) Plus maybe smaller=cuter?

Possibly. XD I love the Yoshi but I'm not taking it out of the box yet because I need to find a place to put it where it won't fall over. orz

finalflame

ADQ6YjC.jpg

Glad my local GameStop did away with the "2 per customer" rule they had during Series 1. They now literally have entire boxes of Series 1 cards just sitting around.

Let's open these bad boys and see where I stand.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Goddamn it, Series 3 already?! Give me a second to breathe, Nintendo. These better have some kind of use in Animal Crossing NX.

Thanks for the heads up, pre-ordered Rover and Kapp'n for store pickup with GCU :)

can't even find series 2 in stock anywhere

it's like Amiibo OT4 ... it never existed and already has been skipped over

Velcro Fly

I find most of the places not having stock of series 2 is because they still have a ton of series 1 on the shelf unsold. Not sure if they are holding series 2 stock back until the first is unsold. I think if people are patient these will be plentiful eventually.

ChrisD

I can only find Series 2 in our Target. Haven't seen a single Series 3. I don't buy them anyways, but figured I'd throw what my local stock looks like onto the pile.

Our Target is also the happy home to two Smash Bros. amiibo; both being Doctor Mario. The rest? Lottie, the AC Three Pack, and a few Tom Nooks. I fear they're going to be stuck with the first two forever, lol.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I find most of the places not having stock of series 2 is because they still have a ton of series 1 on the shelf unsold. Not sure if they are holding series 2 stock back until the first is unsold. I think if people are patient these will be plentiful eventually.

I've had a feeling that's the case, too. Walmart and others probably see them as Animal Crossing cards generally and don't distinguish between the first and second series. So if we want series 2 to reach our stores, we have to buy their entire series 1 stock, perhaps?...

Boogiepop

Admittedly I didn't check a ton of places as I looked online ahead of time, but the Best Buy and Target I visited had the Series 2 packs but didn't have them out for whatever reason. So that could be part of the problem, I guess.

finalflame

can't even find series 2 in stock anywhere

it's like Amiibo OT4 ... it never existed and already has been skipped over

Have you checked all your local GameStops + Toys R' Us online?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=84547636

I found 17 packs at my next furthest GameStop, took 'em all. Employee said policy was only 2 per customer on release day and no limits after that.

Also, Amazon will ship 3 at a time, in stock. Last Series I just asked friends with Prime to also order me a batch of 3, and Venmo'd them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017W17G6K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Good luck.

Cindro

Woof - reading about these card hunts is rough. Bringing me back to the bad ol' days of getting up at 6am to take an hour journey through a blizzard to get Rosalina on launch day. Despite my heavy love for Animal Crossing, I've had zero interest in any of the cards - but now that I have every AC amiibo (save for Lottie), and will be getting a New 3DS next month with the NFC scanner built in, I'm considering getting Happy Home Designer. Which means I'll have the *start* of an AC card collection. Which means...

*shudders*

At the very least, I know what my long-term financial stability plan is: die before Pokemon amiibo cards become a thing.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Have you checked all your local GameStops + Toys R' Us online?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=84547636

I found 17 packs at my next furthest GameStop, took 'em all. Employee said policy was only 2 per customer on release day and no limits after that.

Also, Amazon will ship 3 at a time, in stock. Last Series I just asked friends with Prime to also order me a batch of 3, and Venmo'd them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017W17G6K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Good luck.

I was talking about in-store, not online. I haven't seen them in person anywhere,* but there are series 1 cards at almost every store.

*Except at a Toys R Us, where there was one — one! — pack of series 2 hiding behind a pack of series 1 on a hook. That's the only one PudgyBunny and I have bought.

Fox Mulder

my roommate's dog cut its ear somehow when no one was home and has flung blood all over the living room carpet, walls, and my amiibo.

I was about to open them all anyways.

finalflame

I was talking about in-store, not online. I haven't seen them in person anywhere,* but there are series 1 cards at almost every store.

*Except at a Toys R Us, where there was one — one! — pack of series 2 hiding behind a pack of series 1 on a hook. That's the only one PudgyBunny and I have bought.

Ah, yes, they are definitely light this time around. Last time my loca Target had some Series 1, but this time I couldn't even find the shelf space for Series 2 cards, AND no more Series 1. To be fair, the website says pretty much all my other local Targets have them EXCEPT the one closest to me.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
You sound like you're speaking from experience...

I may or may not have had a dog with a busted dewclaw hobbling around the house getting blood everywhere at 3 in the morning last week

Thank God for the 24-hour Walgreens two blocks from my house

finalflame

Just ordered the EU Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards binders from Amazon.fr. EUR$13 for the binders themselves and EUR$15 in shipping; not bad considering it's international. Really pisses me off Nintendo didn't offer these in the U.S.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just ordered the EU Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards binders from Amazon.fr. EUR$13 for the binders themselves and EUR$15 in shipping; not bad considering it's international. Really pisses me off Nintendo didn't offer these in the U.S.

They made their own for S1, but I MUCH prefer the EU versions. Waiting for S3 binders to go up for pre-order.

finalflame

They made their own for S1, but I MUCH prefer the EU versions. Waiting for S3 binders to go up for pre-order.

You mean the Hori one? If so I have that one currently but it's such crap =( The EU versions are exactly what I think of when I want a collector's album. But yes, gonna go ahead and pre-order Series 3 as soon as it's up, too, ahead of the U.S. launch of the cards in March.

Boogiepop

image.php

I still need 4 cards to complete the first series. Darn you Resetti!

I actually have a duplicate Resetti, and I still need like 11 more cards from series 2 if you're interested in visiting the card trade thread.

(Also, I feel the need to keep reminding people of the card trade thread. in general since we totally need more active people in there. Kind of getting worried that trades may become kind of rough once Series 3 and 4 hit if drop-off continues...)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nintendo has reported worldwide sales of amiibo figures are now 20.5 million, while the cards have sold 21.5 million, both as of Dec. 31st. Way back in Feb. of last year, we heard they sold a total of 10.5 million.

Glix

Here is most of my collection these days, on my desk at work. I think Rob is on the left hidden by papers.

Splatoons, MK, Kirby, Toad, Mr. G&W, and Gold Mario are at home.

IMG_1609.jpg

Shoyz

Is there any site for buying Animal Crossing amiibo card singles like regular TCGs? Would love to grab all my favorite commons for $1 a piece.

Effect

Ryu can also be ordered at GameStop.com as well.

Thought I was done with Amiibo. Pre-ordered Roy, Ryu, and R.O.B. Thankfully there are only three more coming after this. I'm glad they spaced out the releases. I still have many I've never opened. I want to get a nice case for them. It's rare you can pick up Nintenod figures easily and want to make the most of this even if I use them in games. Thankfully I haven't touched the Animal Crossing line. Maybe when I get around to playing Happy Home Designer or a new regular Animal Crossing comes out I'll think of getting a few of those. The amiibo work with HHD right or just the cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom