• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

Ugh...you guys made me count/list to check if I was missing any. So yep, 89.

Yoshi's Woolly World
  1. Mega Yarn Yoshi
  2. Green Yarn Yoshi
  3. Blue Yarn Yoshi
  4. Pink Yarn Yoshi

Splatoon
  1. Girl Inkling
  2. Boy Inkling
  3. Squid

Chibi Robo
  1. Chibi Robo

Shovel Knight
  1. Shovel Knight

Super Mario Maker
  1. 8-bit Classic Mario
  2. 8-bit Modern Mario

Skylanders
  1. Bowser
  2. Dark Bowser
  3. DK
  4. Dark DK

Super Mario Bros
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Yoshi
  4. Toad
  5. Bowser
  6. Peach
  7. Gold Mario
  8. Silver Mario

Animal Crossing
  1. Tom Nook
  2. K.K.
  3. Mable
  4. Cyrus
  5. Reese
  6. Lottie
  7. Digby
  8. Isabelle
  9. Kicks*
  10. Blathers*
  11. Celeste*
  12. Mr. Resetti*

Super Smash Bros
  1. Mii Brawler
  2. Mii Gunner
  3. Mii Swordfighter
  4. Pit
  5. Ike
  6. Zero Suit Samus
  7. Mario
  8. Pikachu
  9. Greninja
  10. Wii Fit Trainer
  11. Samus
  12. Diddy Kong
  13. Toon Link
  14. Little Mac
  15. Lucina
  16. Marth
  17. Luigi
  18. Mega Man
  19. Dr. Mario
  20. Ness
  21. Zelda
  22. Yoshi
  23. Shulk
  24. Fox
  25. Robin
  26. Jigglypuff
  27. Kirby
  28. Villager
  29. Meta Knight
  30. Sheik
  31. Lucario
  32. Link
  33. Pac-Man
  34. Falco
  35. ROB
  36. Famicom ROB
  37. Sonic
  38. Mewtwo
  39. Wario
  40. Captain Falcon
  41. Mr.Game & Watch
  42. King Dedede
  43. DK
  44. Bowser
  45. Charizard
  46. Olimar
  47. Dark Pit
  48. Peach
  49. Ganondorf
  50. Palutena
  51. Rosalina
  52. Duck Hunt
  53. Bowser Jr.
  54. Lucas*

*Coming from Amazon
Then Gold Mega Man, Timmy/Tommy, Roy, Ryu, Wolf Link, Kapp'n and Rover by the end of March.

FaintDeftone

Amazon still hasn't shipped my Lucas and I randomly walked into Target and they had three left. Cancelled my Amazon order and just bought him at Target instead.

Eila

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-marth/8887016.p?id=1219375119687&skuId=8887016

And because each retailer is allowed up to 4 exclusive amiibo. You can always wait for a reprint later when they release hold of the exclusivity if you really care about not supporting gamestop or something. Or just order it online right now since I think it's still up.

Marth got reprinted, there's like a million of him at my nearest bestbuy that nobody wants.

Ah, but those stores are not in my country, so I can't get just about every store exclusive item Nintendo have been doing.

Skrams

67 including Lucas who hasn't arrived yet. 5 more who are preordered.

Ah, but those stores are not in my country, so I can't get just about every store exclusive item Nintendo have been doing.

Then gamestop exclusivity doesn't apply to you. He should be in any regular store when he's out unless your own country also got a weird exclusivity deal.

Thoraxes

Ugh...you guys made me count/list to check if I was missing any. So yep, 89.

Then Gold Mega Man, Timmy/Tommy, Roy, Ryu, Wolf Link, Kapp'n and Rover by the end of March.

I'm not going to go look, but let's just say I have everything from all the product lines except for Mega Yarn Yoshi. (had no interest). I have everything pre-ordered.
I haven't even opened up AC Amiibo Festival yet.

Plus doubles of about 16 or so that i've opened...

I've also done my fair share of shipping/sharing some rare extras I got with people last year too.

finalflame

Just picked my new AC amiibos up from Best Buy. So happy that the AC line is growing.

Some pictures:

NhwfCdn.jpg

WB8eHhY.jpg

KnyFKNn.jpg

UjIPKNK.png

D76oh5w.png

And bonus my full NA AC line:

R4GQSjV.png

So with Paper Mario U rumored to be unveiled tomorrow, you guys think we'll get a Paper Mario amiibo line to go with it? Perhaps with Paper Jam compatibility?

And if so, what do you think the odds are that the entire line is handled like Mr. Game & Watch? (thin, single piece of plastic, multiple poses included)?

kirby_fox

Banned
So with Paper Mario U rumored to be unveiled tomorrow, you guys think we'll get a Paper Mario amiibo line to go with it? Perhaps with Paper Jam compatibility?

And if so, what do you think the odds are that the entire line is handled like Mr. Game & Watch? (thin, single piece of plastic, multiple poses included)?

Chibi Robo style. A single Paper Mario figure, only included with the game and not sold separately until Amazon gets it as an exclusive.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would insta-buy a Paper Mario amiibo. I can't see an entire line considering they still need to make series 2 of the Super Mario line. Or it would be a very small line of Mario, Bowser, Peach, Toad......& I guess Luigi?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I guess Paper Yoshi exists, even if they play only a small role in each game (excluding the partner one in Thousand Year Door). I guess the same characters in the Super Mario line would work.

Wonder if we'll ever see any amiibo for Goombas, Koopas, etc. for the more popular Mario enemies.

Koppai

I have all the currently released amiibo in the US except for Mega Yarn Yoshi. (I have Famicom ROB) How many does that put me at? <_>;

Piscus

It wasn't rumored to be unveiled on Monday, the people with the leak said they would leak their 'insider info' this coming Monday. Instead, they just leaked what they knew right away, which is a Paper Mario title for Wii U. There's no word on when (or even if) Nintendo will unveil the title themselves. I wish these people with leaks would just let Nintendo unveil their games on their own time and in their own way, but that's for another thread...

It wasn't rumored to be unveiled on Monday, the people with the leak said they would leak their 'insider info' this coming Monday. Instead, they just leaked what they knew right away, which is a Paper Mario title for Wii U. There's no word on when (or even if) Nintendo will unveil the title themselves. I wish these people with leaks would just let Nintendo unveil their games on their own time and in their own way, but that's for another thread...

Only skimmed the thread so I guess I didn't quite understand what was going on there.

And I mean, it's not like Nintendo is the only one that has to deal with this. :p

I decided I was going to be a person that buys amiibo.

I looked at Amazon UK and they are all at least £10 each, with many of them being £16.

On Amazon.com there are lots of amiibo from $7-15. (I know they have sales tax on top of this but still...)

Is there a cheaper way to get them in the UK? I don't fancy paying double the US prices.

EDIT: Also I went into a store that had 2 Mega Yarn Yoshi's yesterday. It sounds like I should go back and buy these if they are still there right?

Did I miss something?? I remember hearing a rumor about a Shovel Knight Amiibo, but never saw an official announcement. Today at BB I found and purchased one, when did they come out?

Looks like you can get it everywhere. Nice!!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
*all the amiibo

Did I miss something?? I remember hearing a rumor about a Shovel Knight Amiibo, but never saw an official announcement. Today at BB I found and purchased one, when did they come out?

Looks like you can get it everywhere. Nice!!

PpRsxgg.png

Always check the first post for information about current and upcoming amiibo. I have every series sorted by wave and date for everyone's convenience! :)

Zalman

Wondering what franchise will replace Animal Crossing, assuming Wave 3 will be the last one. 2016 games lineup looks empty.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I have all they Amiibo released in NA, including both Villager types. I still don't have the Skylanders though, as I'm still waiting on a crazy cheap sale for all 4.

(I also have all of the Pokemon Rumble U figures, as they are kind of cousins to the Amiibo :p)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They can't even keep Animal Crossing amiibo from going to the bargain bin. I can't imagine Star Fox getting a full line.

I think they should do more mini lines. Splatoon was a perfect little set!

...and alternative Smash costume packs plz!

Zalman

If Star Fox was to get a line, I imagine it wouldn't be much bigger than the Splatoon one. Fox, Falco, Peppy and Slippy would be great. I doubt it'll happen though.

RaidenZR

They can't even keep Animal Crossing amiibo from going to the bargain bin. I can't imagine Star Fox getting a full line.

I'd argue they could appeal to different people, especially if they do an Arwing and Landmaster one. Vehicles might be a nice change of pace.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
3 pack of Arwing, Landmaster, &.....I guess the Arwing in land mode?

Either way, if they make vehicle amiibo for Star Fox, I will so buy them. Otherwise, I feel like they might do what Namco did for Ace Combat in that amiibo give you character-based skins for your jet.

.......also would be amazing if they patched the game so you could use the Bayonetta amiibo once its out since Platinum is making SF Zero.

Garlador

i'm still waiting for USA dedede

... And me with a spare I'll be selling shortly.

I've been sitting on a few extras lately. I'm actually trying to figure out how best to get rid of them, either through Amazon or Ebay or something. I'm not used to selling my own stuff yet.

I'm pleasantly surprised that, after the nightmare that was trying to get Ness, I've seen a surplus of Lucas amiibos in all my stores. Lots and lots of them.

Muzy72

Banned
I'm now at the point where I'm buying amiibo I don't care about, so I'm thinking of selling some of these Animal Crossing amiibo and get out out of this amiibo game, just keeping Isabelle, Tom Nook, KK Slider, and Resetti. I like every other amiibo I have (and I have them all lol) but if I'm getting characters I don't care about just for a complete set I think I've gone too far ._.

Are there any custom amiibo artists here on gaf?

I got a Luigi amiibo recently, and now I'm starting a small side project where I make a custom 30th anniversary Luigi amiibo with an NFC swap of him and Classic Mario.

Removing Luigi's base was easy to do, and now I can get the NFC chip, but I'm having trouble with Classic Mario since there's no guide I could find on how to remove it. Can somebody help here?

Man, Amazon is being super annoying with Animal Crossing Series 2 (card) limits. I'm not sure if they changed the process or if they're not moving stock fast enough to refresh into a new supply, but it was (eventually) a lot easier to get multiple packs from Series 1. I've gotten 6 out of the 17 packs so far.

Ordered Kicks, Resetti, Blathers and Celeste from Best Buy online, I hope they make it here ok. I open my amiibo, so I don't mind the packages getting beaten up, but I don't know if I can handle glue all over the figures, as some people have gotten Blathers in that condition.

G0523

What the fuck, Amazon?! I just got an email from them saying that there's a delay in shipping my Lucas amiibo. Really? I thought it was supposed to come in today. And my Kicks amiibo still hasn't even shipped yet. What is going on over there?! I am at least getting my Blathers, Celeste, and Resetti amiibo today but this is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom