• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukie85

Mistakes were made? Though I actually blame gamestop.com shittyness :(

Ordered roy on gamestop.com when he first went up. No in-store pickup option was available, so I picked shipping. Decided to just eat the 3.99 because I didn't have the extra time to head to a store that day.

Now I see gamestop.com has an in-store pickup option finally available for Roy. So I cancel my online order, wait till I get the cancellation confirmation, then re-order him for in-store pickup... except you can't. It says I reached the maximum allowed (1, apparently), even though the order was cancelled... ugh!

I'll try to order again tomorrow. Maybe it just takes a while for their system to fully update. If not, I'll just snag it some other time

No different today. It's still saying the same thing...

Edit: Nvm. It finally went through on the mobile version.

bigkrev

Had to spend 20 minutes on hold with Gamestop to cancel my Roy order, because the website wouldn't let me do it.

I've heard enough promos for Naruto Shippuden and Xenoblade Chronicles X and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir that I hope anime dies.

Sushigod7

My amiibo + other nintendo goodies haul from this morning at toys r us

CZVsyqpWQAEghtB.jpg

What state are you in? Trying to find a Metroid my buddies in Tx and GA haven't seen any I'm in Florida nothing here either.

Fox Mulder

Got Lucas at best buy and cancelled amazon. Shouldn't have trusted buying anything Nintendo from amazon. My other shit shipped fine.

Garlador

I have never seen Metroid anything when looking World of Nintendo stuff. All of that other stuff, I actually had in my hand, ready to buy a week or so ago, but put it all back except for the 8-bit DK.

I lucked out and got THIS...
The metallic paint makes it look SO much better than the original version. \

The Prime design remains my favorite. Glad we got a great figure out of her eventually.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Amazon still hasn't shipped Lucas yet. I'm very tempted to just buy one at GameStop & cancel my online order, it was only about $3 I was saving.

RaidenZR

Gotta say, I'm glad I'm not that into Animal Crossing

Only 3 more to go

I think the Animal Crossing series definitely looks nicer and more consistent than the Smash series, though. Like, more true to the characters you see in-game That said, I know they're simpler and they don't have to mold them after Sakurai's chosen trophy action poses. Still though, they look clean and modeled with amiibo-limitations in mind. KK himself is really perfect looking.

I think the Animal Crossing series definitely looks nicer and more consistent than the Smash series, though. Like, more true to the characters you see in-game That said, I know they're simpler and they don't have to mold them after Sakurai's chosen trophy action poses. Still though, they look clean and modeled with amiibo-limitations in mind. KK himself is really perfect looking.
The AC amiibos look amazing. Very polished.

If only they'd do some of the villagers, not just the special NPCs.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just got Lucas at GS, they had about 7 of them either behind the counter or on the rack with the other amiibo. My Meijer had about 3 of him, so glad he wasn't difficult to find. Was able to pre-order Roy in the store as well, saving $4 in shipping.

Will have to recount my collection, I think I'm almost at 50, excluding pre-orders.

Edit: Lucas makes 48, then Roy, Ryu, FamiROB, & Wolf Link make 52. Daaaaammmmmmnnnnnn.

batfax

Had no idea Roy was even up and managed to order one for myself and one for a friend in Texas. Are these things still super hard to get orders for or did I get lucky?

edit: I see now that people mentioned getting orders a few days ago. Guess the hype has died down. That's pretty good to hear for future figures.

Velcro Fly

Had no idea Roy was even up and managed to order one for myself and one for a friend in Texas. Are these things still super hard to get orders for or did I get lucky?

edit: I see now that people mentioned getting orders a few days ago. Guess the hype has died down. That's pretty good to hear for future figures.

Think it is more the idea now that Nintendo is stocking the exclusives really well and are probably the safest bet to be well stocked combined with the dying down a little of the hype.

Isaccard

Think it is more the idea now that Nintendo is stocking the exclusives really well and are probably the safest bet to be well stocked combined with the dying down a little of the hype.

I think its more that the amiibo "craze" has died down a bit. Alot less people camping stores, etc

Rootbeer

Banned
Whew... crisis averted.

I was able to order Roy for in-store pickup today. Guess the problem was it takes gamestop.com about a day to update its records on rather you have or have not reached the order limit.

(yeah, I probably could have just gone in-store and ordered but the weather has been really shitty)

Jawmuncher

So Lucas is backordered on amazon, dang I really wanted to save some money on him. Wonder if they will fulfill that request or not. Could see it being awhile.

rvt3CmA.png

Does anyone know how to remove that clear glue or paint that ends up on some amiibo as seen above on Blathers' arm?

Weird, I've got the exact same thing. On Blathers only.

Just got Lucas at GS, they had about 7 of them either behind the counter or on the rack with the other amiibo. My Meijer had about 3 of him, so glad he wasn't difficult to find. Was able to pre-order Roy in the store as well, saving $4 in shipping.

Will have to recount my collection, I think I'm almost at 50, excluding pre-orders.

Edit: Lucas makes 48, then Roy, Ryu, FamiROB, & Wolf Link make 52. Daaaaammmmmmnnnnnn.

52? You've barely gotten started. I'm at EIGHTY-TWO

How many Amiibo are out right now? I have two of each except I only have one Metaknight and one Gold Mario. I have three of a few though so I guess that balances out...

I also have every currently released Animal Crossing Amiibo card.

There's right around 90 out so far, if my math is right.

Velcro Fly

Only ones I don't have are Mega Yarn Yoshi and the SMB line other than Toad.

And I have all 100 series 1 cards.

I have two huge plastic bins full of them and then some more that don't fit in there.

And I'm waiting for Best Buy to have a sale so I can pick up the SMB line for cheap to use with Paper Jam.

And I have Ryu, FamiROB, Roy, and Wolf Link preordered. Still going to pick up AC Wave 2 since they look so damn good. I sure hope all these AC amiibo work in the next mainline AC game. I almost want to go back to playing AC but then I look at my complete museum and like almost 400 hours and I'm like nah I don't really want to go back to my old town and starting over again I'll never get everything I had back.

Piscus

I have 88 amiibo right now, and that includes MYY, Famicom ROB, four individual G&W's, all 8 from the Super Mario line, all 12 from the Animal Crossing line, all 3 Yarn Yoshi's, Chibi-Robo, Shovel Knight, the Splatoon trio, and both 8-bit Marios. Just need the next 4 AC amiibo, Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta. Got Ryu and Roy on lockdown already. Am I missing anything? Lemme check the OP...

Edit: Also have Gold Mega Man and Wolf Link amiibo preordered. I decided to forego the Skylanders crossovers and the AC:HHD cards. Had to draw the line somewhere...

kirby_fox

Banned
I'd rather not count how many I have...Smash is 58 characters, with 5 not out yet- so I have all 53 of them. I wound up buying Toad because I like Toad, Chibi Robo (because he was free with his game bundle due to B2G1 at Target), wound up with Splatoon 3 pack somehow, and was gifted 8-bit original colored Mario and Tom Nook. So I'm at 60 and will likely end it at around 65-70.

Been tempted to get a yarn Yoshi as I've seen them at Meijer...even the blue ones. But I just finished the game, so I thought it'd probably not be worth it at this point aside from it being GD adorable.

Sadly, I decided that I needed all the characters from Smash in this case including the costumes of each character with a name change, and then needed to create some kind of steps for the case to display them all in a more neatly fashion...first thing's first though- finding Ice Climbers and Wolf has not been an easy task.

fernoca

I have 88 amiibo right now, and that includes MYY, Famicom ROB, four individual G&W's, all 8 from the Super Mario line, all 12 from the Animal Crossing line, all 3 Yarn Yoshi's, Chibi-Robo, Shovel Knight, the Splatoon trio, and both 8-bit Marios. Just need the next 4 AC amiibo, Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta. Got Ryu and Roy on lockdown already. Am I missing anything? Lemme check the OP...

Edit: Also have Gold Mega Man and Wolf Link amiibo preordered. I decided to forego the Skylanders crossovers and the AC:HHD cards. Had to draw the line somewhere...
Same in here, except only one Mr. Game & Watch; which makes it 85.

But have the Skylanders amiibo both in regular and Dark. So +4, means 89?!

Also have around 50 amiibo AC cards but not collecting them per se, just a random pack here and there. And then, the 20 Pokémon Rumble NFC figurines "that started it all".

Though now seeing the number...and adding the Infinity, Lego Dimensions and Skylanders which at least on this only buy the ones I really want (got all Star Wars Infinity except 3 of the Light FX variants). :/

Eila

Had Lucas and Shovel Knight on amazon as well as some AC amiibo just to pad out.
Why is Roy a Gamestop exclusive? Stupid Nintendo, now I'm never getting it unless I buy from a reseller. This is what you want? Also really wanted Marth, but I'm never going to find one in the wild.

Skrams

Had Lucas and Shovel Knight on amazon as well as some AC amiibo just to pad out.
Why is Roy a Gamestop exclusive? Stupid Nintendo, now I'm never getting it unless I buy from a reseller. This is what you want? Also really wanted Marth, but I'm never going to find one in the wild.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-marth/8887016.p?id=1219375119687&skuId=8887016

And because each retailer is allowed up to 4 exclusive amiibo. You can always wait for a reprint later when they release hold of the exclusivity if you really care about not supporting gamestop or something. Or just order it online right now since I think it's still up.

Fox Mulder

Marth got reprinted, there's like a million of him at my nearest bestbuy that nobody wants.

I have 88 open and loose amiibo. Unless I counted wrong, that is every single North American release so far. I have a Famicom ROB import, but am still missing MEGA YARN YOSHI, so that balances the number out. I am very close to just importing a Mega Yarn Yoshi.

I also have three sealed ones - SSB Yoshi, Mario Series Yoshi, Mario Series Mario.

So 91 in total.

zigg

I'm not trying to rub it in or anything, but I feel really lucky to have snagged Mega Yarn Yoshi to go with my other Yarn Yoshis. I'm not even a serious collector or anything, I think maybe we have 20 amiibo total in our household (my daughter has a bunch as well… she was griping this morning that my wife picked me up a Pac-Man on clearance instead of for her, haha.)

Damn, I think I have, 86 counting my open and sealed ones, plus the amiibolanders. And mfw I realized it signed me out of LINE and was wondering why I wasn't getting any notifications any more.

Jawmuncher

Still wondering if I should keep Lucas at Amazon or buy him. I don't need him right away, but I don't want to get screwed over either.

Still wondering if I should keep Lucas at Amazon or buy him. I don't need him right away, but I don't want to get screwed over either.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I preordered all the new amiibo at Amazon and none of them have shipped. I'll be really upset if they cancel my orders on me.

Fox Mulder

i'd just rather go for the sure thing than rely on a still pending preorder from amazon. Amiibos have often had bullshit surrounding them, so I didn't want to miss out on lucas at a retail store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom