• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
After waiting forever for my Amazon order to have any movement on it I saw all this wave's amiibo at Target and just bought them all there. I know I could have saved $10 by waiting for Amazon, but I just don't trust them anymore. 20% off preordered items doesn't mean much if you can't fulfill the order.

I have a feeling we'll get more Mega Yarn Yoshi in the next couple months. And not just at TRU.

In other news, I bought Chibi Robo since it's so cheap. The shipping box was in perfect condition but the amiibo box itself was pretty mangled.

NTBcvMF.jpg

Amazon customer service has a replacement on its way. I asked what would happen should this one arrive damaged as well. They instructed me to contact them again so they can notify a manager and pull the product from sale.

this is why i dont buy amiibo online i would rather take 10min out of my day and drive to the store that possibly getting a messed up amiibo.

backlot

I have a feeling we'll get more Mega Yarn Yoshi in the next couple months. And not just at TRU.

In other news, I bought Chibi Robo since it's so cheap. The shipping box was in perfect condition but the amiibo box itself was pretty mangled.

NTBcvMF.jpg

Amazon customer service has a replacement on its way. I asked what would happen should this one arrive damaged as well. They instructed me to contact them again so they can notify a manager and pull the product from sale.

They packed it improperly the first time and someone returned it. Then they sold it to you.

RaidenZR

Does anyone have any suggestions for storage of opened amiibos that isn't one of those tacky "?" block cases? I'm looking for something generic, devoid of specific branding that can just keep them compartmentalized and safe.

fernoca

Lucas from Amazon arrived today. Perfect condition...too bad I rip the packages and open them. My dog loves the packages too. XD

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Looking over the Amiibo obtainability chart on Reddit has taught me that while Nintendo has gotten better at printing enough Amiibos at launch since July, they still don't try to keep older Amiibos at least reasonably in stock. I guess they're reprinting Pokemon for the Red and Blue re-release, but not Robin or Lucina for FE Fates, which are compatible and have not been reprinted once since release 8 months ago, when they were incredibly hard to get.

Velcro Fly

GameStop now limiting me to two packs.

Couple that with a regular priced amiibo (still need Blathers)

Price comes to $24.97

A whole two cents shy of being able to get free shipping.

I mean if that isn't intentional hahaha.

Also I had a GameStop order with free shipping arrive in two days and a Best Buy one with free shipping arrive in three. Way quicker than I thought.

mantis23

Does anyone have any suggestions for storage of opened amiibos that isn't one of those tacky "?" block cases? I'm looking for something generic, devoid of specific branding that can just keep them compartmentalized and safe.

They may be a little harder to find now, but I use Christmas ornament organizers. They usually come with dividers that are just the right size for your average amiibo. I have some plain clear ones I purchased at target and use them for all my TTL figures.

RaidenZR

They may be a little harder to find now, but I use Christmas ornament organizers. They usually come with dividers that are just the right size for your average amiibo. I have some plain clear ones I purchased at target and use them for all my TTL figures.

Ah interesting idea. Thanks for the other suggestions here, too!

G0523

Amazon said that my Kicks amiibo was supposed to be here today. But they didn't supply any tracking information since it was never shipped. So I just said fuck it and cancelled the order. Who knows if the cancellation will take though? I'm just gonna go to a store and get Kicks. Fuck Amazon.

My amiibo package was stolen and I've been on hold with gamestop for over an hour. Says they delivered it to my front door 3 days ago and there was never any packages down there since I've been home every morning the past few days.

Fucking ugh.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Nice, guess I'll be doing that!

My amiibo package was stolen and I've been on hold with gamestop for over an hour. Says they delivered it to my front door 3 days ago and there was never any packages down there since I've been home every morning the past few days.

Fucking ugh.

I wonder if they delivered it to the wrong house? UPS did that on me with my Splatoon Amiibo and they showed up at the next door neighbor's house. It's why I often watch where my packages are and when they are coming in, like a hawk. Always scared of stuff going missing, as it has happened a few times.

EmiPrime

Looking over the Amiibo obtainability chart on Reddit has taught me that while Nintendo has gotten better at printing enough Amiibos at launch since July, they still don't try to keep older Amiibos at least reasonably in stock. I guess they're reprinting Pokemon for the Red and Blue re-release, but not Robin or Lucina for FE Fates, which are compatible and have not been reprinted once since release 8 months ago, when they were incredibly hard to get.

That chart is really inaccurate for Europe. There are supposed unicorns on there that are in stock at Amazon.

Velcro Fly

Rolling the dice with a couple in store pick up orders on Series 2 card packs.

Four packs so far and 23 unique cards. I figure I can scrape together another 5 or 6 packs and maybe start trading.

Hoping that enough people still need Series 1 stuff that they'd trade Series 2 stuff for it.

Cindro

STOP. THIS IS SALIENTLY REMINDING ME THAT I COULD HAVE HAD TWO YEARS OF GIANT BOMB PREMIUM FOR THE SAME PRICE AS THE PIECE OF GARBAGE FIGURES I PISSED OUT FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT TODAY. MY BLATHERS DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A GOOD PAINT JOB BECAUSE AFTER INSPECTING THE FIFTH ONE AT TOYS R US I NOTICED A PRETTY GIRL WAS STARING AT ME SO I TOOK THE LACKLUSTER ONE I WAS HOLDING (ALONG WITH MY OTHER SIX) AND RAN

Also does Dan's shirt say "DONUT CREATES PUSS!"? Ew.

We've never spoke before, but your legendary amiibo addiction at least makes me feel better about my own <3

RaidenZR

Rover Amiibo and Kapp'n Amiibo are both up at Amazon.

I'm having trouble deciding whether to jump on them immediately or not. I feel like those might become heavily discounted at some point like some of the other AC ones. Nook and Mabel are ridiculously low, and Resetti and Blathers are looking to follow suit.

Rover Amazon
Kapp'n Amazon

Ikon

Making Dedede damn near impossible to find managed to kill all my interest in these things. Haven't bought anyone since the release of Olimar.

A part of me is still hoping for a reprint of that fat bastard as well as some really cool new ones in 2016...

Thoraxes

Making Dedede damn near impossible to find managed to kill all my interest in these things. Haven't bought anyone since the release of Olimar.

A part of me is still hoping for a reprint of that fat bastard as well as some really cool new ones in 2016...
Don't stop believing.

The reprints will come.

G0523

Rover Amiibo and Kapp'n Amiibo are both up at Amazon.

I'm having trouble deciding whether to jump on them immediately or not. I feel like those might become heavily discounted at some point like some of the other AC ones. Nook and Mabel are ridiculously low, and Resetti and Blathers are looking to follow suit.

Rover Amazon
Kapp'n Amazon

I would wait since Amazon has been fucking up a lot with the recent amiibo wave. Plus, Animal Crossing amiibo will drop in price. That's a near-guarantee.

Velcro Fly

Card packs galore today.

It was nice outside and I felt like driving.

Places are not limiting these at all. I could have probably bought up the entire stock at my local Best Buy and they would have let me.

Local TRU had about 50 Mable/Nook and probably dozens of Lucas and quite a few Mii and Splatoon 3 packs. But had their series 2 card pack filled to the brim with series 1.

Second local Best Buy had about 50 each of Falco and Marth.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Would be cool. Still waiting for the Mario line to continue though.

Yeah a couple more Splatoon is nice, but they've barely got out many Mario characters.

Kind of sucks that they fatigued themselves on titles, when 2 years ago there was like, 5 Mario games out. Would've been awesome to see a lot more when Mario Kart came out!

...I want all the Koopalings and more enemies.

I haven't kept up with the thread in quite some time but my Lucas came in the other day and the box was very slightly bent. Better than my usual Amazon experience (Chibi Robo was all kinds of jacked up).

Anyway, I now have every Smash amiibo outside of Robin and Lucina, both of which I assume will take some time to reprint.

My teen spent their Christmas GC from Grandpa at the GameStop today and picked up the Retro Pack. R.O.B., Duck Hunt, and "Mr. Game and Smash" have now joined the fray on the red shelf. Awesome, thoughtful spouse also nabbed a handful of the Series 2 cardpacks for me! Slowly filling up that import Collector's Album.

If there are going to be more Splatoon amiibo, oh boy. That's going to be trouble. Already trying to think up a uniquely "us" storage solution for my little Animal Crossing collection, and that shelf in the family room is getting crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom