• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably get the Animal Crossing amiibos once my girl Olivia gets a figure.

GUYS, Smash amiibos will be done soon. we can finally be free!

tumblr_ndvsv8gDqO1qivspno1_400.gif

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
GUYS, Smash amiibos will be done soon. we can finally be free!

no

freedom will never come

our fiduciary slavery is too lucrative for Nintendo — I mean, have you seen those Q3 financials?!

just look at all the ideas in the posts above. Nintendo already has thought of them.

r8sxkDg.jpg

Insaniac

@Insaniac

AWESOME you post on /r/amiibo as well?
I have seen that cabinet before maybe just because more folks have one of those as well?

Collection looks great well done.

Yeah I occasionally post on r/amiibo, not so much now that supply is easier to acquire and all the smash amiibo have been announced.

A lot of people on r/amiibo use these to display so I'm sure you've seen it on there before

Those base ball bat display cases are great! I just might have to buy a few.

I like those framed posters as well. Can you send me a picture of those? Are they the club Nintendo posters?

Thanks, here are my posters:

Insaniac

Those Smash posters look sooo good. Did you print them out yourself?

Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin I printed out from Vistaprint. The others were Club Nintendo. I've got Duck Hunt Dog too, but no frame (or space) yet. I've also got a wind waker Poster and Twilight Princess poster but forgot to photograph em :)

RaidenZR

Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin I printed out from Vistaprint. The others were Club Nintendo. I've got Duck Hunt Dog too, but no frame (or space) yet. I've also got a wind waker Poster and Twilight Princess poster but forgot to photograph em :)
Where did you get the hi-res source images to do those prints? If you don't mind my asking...

I love that the AC amiibo line is well-stocked/kinda flopped, because it means people can buy them for me as birthday presents, lol. My initial amiibo plan was to buy what I really wanted, and have my girlfriend or family grab me a couple as cheap birthday/Christmas presents, but then half of them ended up being day one unicorns and here we are, lol.

Skrams

amiiboAlerts twitter- "Mega Yarn Yoshi #amiibo have begun arriving at ToysRUs distribution centers. None inbound to stores yet, no ETA. "

Cafg6UMUUAAVbqp.jpg

After a few weeks of on/off time, I finally finished some custom paint jobs on these 4 amiibo. (Red Luigi, SMG DX Classic Mario, Improved Skymiibo)

skXzhnn.jpg

Unfortunately, there is some real grade, Nintendium glue on the 8 Bit amiibo, so my intention of NFC swap of 8 Bit Mario and Luigi could not happen.

Thoraxes

So...

Timmy and Tommy up at any other retailers yet?

I need to complete things.

I seek to be whole again... Until they announce the next waves.

KingBroly

Banned
So...

Timmy and Tommy up at any other retailers yet?

I need to complete things.

I seek to be whole again... Until they announce the next waves.

Amazon

I think I'm about done with the Animal Crossing cards. I'm getting WAY too many repeats in Series 2. It's ridiculous.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pokken to work with all amiibo for in-game unlocks. No idea on WHAT it unlocks, but hopefully, this means the Pokemon amiibo will actually have some use/be bigger unlocks while everyone else is a smaller unlock, similar to Hyrule Warriors & the Zelda amiibo.

Velcro Fly

Interesting that Timmy and Tommy aren't exclusive anymore.

I don't think we ever have to worry about the AC series being hard to get.

If anything their being common is a hindrance because they are everywhere! I hope it doesn't cause a downtick in production of future lines.

Rizific

amiiboAlerts twitter- "Mega Yarn Yoshi #amiibo have begun arriving at ToysRUs distribution centers. None inbound to stores yet, no ETA. "
about damn time. the only other amiibo (besides whats left of smash) that ive been wanting.

thats about $20 after tax and shipping for me, more than id like to pay. judging by the pretty good supply recently, im gonna take my chances in store.

leroidys

about damn time. the only other amiibo (besides whats left of smash) that ive been wanting.

thats about $20 after tax and shipping for me, more than id like to pay. judging by the pretty good supply recently, im gonna take my chances in store.
I get 20% off and free 2 day shipping with prime, so this Ida the best deal for me by far.

For Amazon Prime... Timmy and Tommy are not coming up as 20% off on when adding to cart. Everything else is (Ryu, Kapp'n, Rover, etc.). Anyone else finding this to be the case?

InkoMint

Neo Member
For Amazon Prime... Timmy and Tommy are not coming up as 20% off on when adding to cart. Everything else is (Ryu, Kapp'n, Rover, etc.). Anyone else finding this to be the case?

Yes! I just wrote amazon customer service after my order was placed and said the promo didn't apply. They fixed it for me and it went down 20%. Just did it this morning!

If anyone wants to trade some amiibo cards, my wife and I just got our first doubles from series two. We have :

112 - Don
124 - Harry
185 - Chops

Chops and Harry have unique houses in amiibo festival, with Chops having an especially nice one. We have a few from wave 1 as well. My wife desperately wants Dr. Shrunk if anyone has an extra. Thanks!

Hopefully I can get one this time in order to complete my collection.

I'm hoping the same. It's the only amiibo I'm missing. If I don't get one by sometime this summer, I'll probably just import one. I open them all, but I would keep the box for this one, so would prefer a NA box.

Yes! I just wrote amazon customer service after my order was placed and said the promo didn't apply. They fixed it for me and it went down 20%. Just did it this morning!

The rep I talked with refused to do but I guess I'll try again.

EDIT: New rep told me it would be applied after it ships, I guess I'll just have to do it after they ship it out..

For those of you who want to make 100% sure you got the Prime discount for your games and amiibo, click the "Invoice" link under the order number after your item has shipped. Don't be like me and get mad at the price seen in "Your Orders" and contact an Amazon rep for no reason at all.

Boogiepop

If anyone wants to trade some amiibo cards, my wife and I just got our first doubles from series two. We have :

112 - Don
124 - Harry
185 - Chops

Chops and Harry have unique houses in amiibo festival, with Chops having an especially nice one. We have a few from wave 1 as well. My wife desperately wants Dr. Shrunk if anyone has an extra. Thanks!

Just as a heads up (and a reminder to everyone else as we definitely need some more people in there, especially for the series two stuff!), we have an amiibo card trading thread that's super great and more people need to use!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still holding out for Nintendo to confirm Robin & Lucina reprints for FE Fates. Or hell, would be awesome if they shipped more to GS to go along with Roy.

11redder

Just browsing Amazon and they have the standalone Chibi Robo Amiibo for $4.89, if anyone's interested.

As unpopular as ever it seems - poor Chibi :(

I wish Nintendo would release a whole line of 20th, 25th, or 30th Anniversary Amiibos for their various franchises.

I'd love 8-bit Pixel versions of Toad, Bowser, Samus, etc. I've honeslty been holding off on buying a Toad amiibo for Captain Toad because I'm hoping they do release a pixel version of him.
Just browsing Amazon and they have the standalone Chibi Robo Amiibo for $4.89, if anyone's interested.

As unpopular as ever it seems - poor Chibi :(

Yeah, I saw that the other day and will probably jump on it. I think it's a great little Amiibo, even if it probably wont have a lot of games that support it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom