• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
went to gamestop at 5 got my ryu pre-order guy said i was the first person to pre-order which surprised the guy as that gamestop is considered one of the biggest ones in michigan.

InkoMint

Neo Member
Has anyone here pre-ordered from Best Buy, had their card compromised/changed and the pre-order still went through? There was a mass change for cards and everything I have preordered at BB is on my (old) card.

I still have a few days before it forces me to change to the new one but I'm worried as we purchased the FE:Fates Special bundle, and it's the only one out of our other orders that is completely sold out. Best buy does say they pre-auth the charge and my CC company told me if it's pre auth, it will be fine. But I've heard horror stories like at Target. Please someone calm my fears!

I still have a few days before it forces me to change to the new one but I'm worried as we purchased the FE:Fates Special bundle, and it's the only one out of our other orders that is completely sold out. Best buy does say they pre-auth the charge and my CC company told me if it's pre auth, it will be fine. But I've heard horror stories like at Target. Please someone calm my fears!

There's no way to change the payment method on Best Buy on an existing order from what I'm aware of but you should still be able to get your Fates SE. I forgot to put in my new card onto my BB account when I purchased Paper Jam and when they tried to charge it a couple days before release, BB sent me an email saying it didn't go through and that I can change the payment method before they cancel the order.

So basically, watch out for that email or try calling them to see if they can do it over the phone.

Any news on lucina or robin reprint? They only ones missing for me
I think we were told they'd all be getting a reprint for new Fire Emblem, but that may just be conjecture on the internets part.

I think we're supposed to get some reprints of Pokemon too closer to Pokken?

This is as good a time as ever to give a reminder that we have a card trading thread that more people totally need to use. (Shamelessly plugging that as I still need to trade for a good bit of Series 2)
Lmao thank you. I still need to get rid of my Japanese Series 1 and 2 cards I have left ;-;

InkoMint

Neo Member
There's no way to change the payment method on Best Buy on an existing order from what I'm aware of but you should still be able to get your Fates SE. I forgot to put in my new card onto my BB account when I purchased Paper Jam and when they tried to charge it a couple days before release, BB sent me an email saying it didn't go through and that I can change the payment method before they cancel the order.

So basically, watch out for that email or try calling them to see if they can do it over the phone.

Thank you! Wow, it's nice they contacted you about it. Maybe I'll call in and have it changed. I already added the new card, so hopefully they can just switch! I've also got my TP with amiibo bundle and Ryu sitting and waiting. Thank you for your help! :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Updated list of the most popular amiibo via countries, via IGN:

Japan:
1. Girl (Splatoon)
2. Squid
3. Boy (Splatoon)
4. Mario
5. Classic 8-bit Mario
6. Modern 8-bit Mario
7. Isabelle
8. Kirby
9. Green Yarn Yoshi
10. Digby

US:
1. Link
2. Bowser
3. Toon Link
4. Mewtwo
5. Sonic
6. Pikachu
7. Classic 8-bit Mario
8. Pac-Man
9. Mega Man
10. Ganondorf

Europe:
1. Classic 8-bit Mario
2. Link
3. Squid
4. Green Yarn Yoshi
5. Mario
6. Smash Mario
7. Pikachu
8. Boy (Splatoon)
9. Toad
10. Girl (Splatoon)

Piscus

Has anyone here pre-ordered from Best Buy, had their card compromised/changed and the pre-order still went through? There was a mass change for cards and everything I have preordered at BB is on my (old) card.

Call them. Same thing happened to me, and they were able to manually change the card it would use over the phone for me.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm guessing these popularity lists are of the last 3 months instead of overall. I'm going to have to call BS over Pac-Man and Mega Man as popular though, since I haven't seen either IN MONTHS anywhere around here. I've seen Sonic here and there, though.

zroid

Banned
I'm guessing these popularity lists are of the last 3 months instead of overall. I'm going to have to call BS over Pac-Man and Mega Man as popular though, since I haven't seen either IN MONTHS anywhere around here. I've seen Sonic here and there, though.

I still see Sonic and Pac-Man a lot, it's just Mega Man which disappeared off shelves

Are there any free shipping deals going on for Gamestop right now? Trying to preorder Ryu, Roy, and SK but it's charging me 4$ shipping EACH despite the fact they could just ship Ryu and Roy together.

SAVER doesn't work anymore

Cindro

Well, my copy of amiibo festival arrived today. Sigh...

I now have every AC amiibo, at least

and the start of a card collection since three came with the game...thankfully they were all garbage characters I don't care about so I wasn't tempted to buy more

and the start of a card collection since three came with the game...thankfully they were all garbage characters I don't care about so I wasn't tempted to buy more
Card Collection Perspective:

There may be a market for these, you might want to try trading or selling them, since a good number of card collectors don't want to buy amiibo Festival. I haven't checked in a while, but people were trading semi-rare amiibo for them when the game came out.

Also, they aren't part of the numbered collection, so feel free to keep them without spending a bare minimum of $500* to collect all the cards. If you decide to play amiibo Festival, there are some games that need cards.

Estimated cost based on US currency, MSRP card pack prices, import costs for the proper card albums, and shipping costs to swap cards. If you feel like adding in the one (so far) simply promotional Japanese Isabelle card, that can get a lot bigger, faster. Like $75 (and rising) for one card. Search for "Shizue CP" on eBay and then pick your jaw off the floor.

InkoMint

Neo Member
Call them. Same thing happened to me, and they were able to manually change the card it would use over the phone for me.

Thanks to you as well! I'll activate my card tomorrow and call to change it.

I really appreciate everyones help. :D

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed the Earthbound message in the OP. Well, looks like there is some good news in order...

I...I think it worked Curler! I knew making the Lucas message more meaningful than "Mother 3 pls" would help!

Tn6nVOf.png

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I...I think it worked Curler! I knew making the Lucas message more meaningful than "Mother 3 pls" would help!

Tn6nVOf.png

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thank you, Based Diggeh, for saving us from our hellish Mother 3-less existences. Nintendo digs it!

@Insaniac

AWESOME you post on /r/amiibo as well?
I have seen that cabinet before maybe just because more folks have one of those as well?

Collection looks great well done.

bumpkin

By any chance, is anyone still looking for a Robin amiibo? I have one that I'd be willing to let go for what I paid ($14 thanks to NY sales tax) plus the cost of whatever shipping method you want.

I got it for someone when I visited the Nintendo World Store last summer, and I've finally run out of patience for them coming up with the money for it.

RomanceDawn

First Collection post, All current Smash bros Amiibo:

Really happy with these Michaels baseball bat display cases

Those base ball bat display cases are great! I just might have to buy a few.

I like those framed posters as well. Can you send me a picture of those? Are they the club Nintendo posters?

Neoxon

By any chance, is anyone still looking for a Robin amiibo? I have one that I'd be willing to let go for what I paid ($14 thanks to NY sales tax) plus the cost of whatever shipping method you want.

I got it for someone when I visited the Nintendo World Store last summer, and I've finally run out of patience for them coming up with the money for it.
I'll might be interested.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Timmy & Tommy are up on Amazon! ...Wait, what? Not Target exclusive? I don't know just order them geez

LOL wut? I guess NoA was like "well, AC is selling SO well here... screw the exclusivity!" That or Target was like "we don't want a million of those sticking around in our store!"

What?! Thanks, Diggeh!

I wonder how they're going to release the alternate Isabelle in NA now, since that's the only one that is "missing". Is she even out in Japan yet?

I saw her and the other wave go up on AmiAmi... aaaand sell out instantly, of course. So she has been pre-orderable.

Muzy72

Banned
We need an alt costume amiibo line. I mean we already got an alternate ROB. And I need female Corrin so bad!!!

So the alt costumes in Smash are:

-Koopalings (Larry, Roy, Wendy, Iggy, Morton, Lemmy, Ludwig)
-Alph
-Overalls Wario
-Wireframe Mac
-Male Wii Fit Trainer
-Female Villager
-Female Robin
-Female Corrin
-Advent Children Cloud
-Original Bayonetta

Am I missing any? I'd love to see how they pull off Wireframe Mac, heh.

We need an alt costume amiibo line. I mean we already got an alternate ROB. And I need female Corrin so bad!!!

-Alph
-Overalls Wario
-Wireframe Mac
-Male Wii Fit Trainer
-Female Villager
-Female Robin
-Female Corrin
-Advent Children Cloud
-Original Bayonetta

Dark link would be cool
Dry bones bowser
Golf Mario

If Nintendo hates money they will not make a smash vol 2 line and instead give us more animal crossing amiibos

Draxal

-Alph
-Overalls Wario
-Wireframe Mac
-Male Wii Fit Trainer
-Female Villager
-Female Robin
-Female Corrin
-Advent Children Cloud
-Original Bayonetta

The Kirby horde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom