• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez. Second wave of AC cards has been rough. Wave one I had maybe three duplicates with 6+ packs. I bought 6 packs for wave 2 and I got 5 friggin' Chips.

Bummer.

Boogiepop

I was hopeful that I could manage just fine by buying enough packs to get 100 cards and then trading for Wave 2, but there seems to have been a definite drop-off in the trading thread so I still need like 11 more cards still.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got Mewtwo for $10 & a Japanese Greninja for $12 since my Prime trial expires soon. Guess I'll have to get Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, & Lucario soon enough. Can't believe Pikachu hasn't gone on sale, he's pretty much the non-Mario 1st wave character that's still around.

Isaccard

Jeez. Second wave of AC cards has been rough. Wave one I had maybe three duplicates with 6+ packs. I bought 6 packs for wave 2 and I got 5 friggin' Chips.

Bummer.

I'm in the same boat. Series 2 has been terrible for me.

I was hopeful that I could manage just fine by buying enough packs to get 100 cards and then trading for Wave 2, but there seems to have been a definite drop-off in the trading thread so I still need like 11 more cards still.

So glad I'm not collecting cards or animal crossing.

I can't believe I still can't get a Kirby. How does something like Kirby not get reprinted lol.

same reason most other wave 1 figures havent they were plentiful at launch and around for a while were as nintendo struggled with waves 2-4 amd most people missed out on alot of those so they restocked those first along with stuff like WFT, Marth, and Villager.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well crap. With Greninja tomorrow & Mewtwo on Thursday, along with 4 more in March, I need to figure out where to display the amiibo I'm getting, in addition to where I can group all the Pokemon amiibo together.

I feel like it might be time for me to book up my manga that I never read on my shelf to make some extra room for the amiibo, along with the other gaming goodies I have. Maybe I'll take a pic showing my current layout, as I have Mario + 3rd party & classic 8-bit on one speaker, then Zelda characters (excluding Toon Link since I don't have him yet) & modern 8-bit on the other, but then I won't have room for Ryu, Cloud, & Bayonetta since I want all 3rd party characters together.

finally got around to getting a display stand for my smash set i waited this long by choice wanted to see how it was gonna play out and since we know all the characters comign out i finally got some stands.

pp09TQwh.jpg

Got Mewtwo for $10 & a Japanese Greninja for $12 since my Prime trial expires soon. Guess I'll have to get Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, & Lucario soon enough. Can't believe Pikachu hasn't gone on sale, he's pretty much the non-Mario 1st wave character that's still around.

Best logic.
"Well, I bought two from a specific series. Guess I have no choice but to buy the other four now!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Also the fact I'm getting rather close to owning all of the Smash series now. I just need:

- the 3 Mii Fighters
- Wario
- Toon Link
- Robin
- Lucina
- Pikachu
- Charizard
- Jigglypuff
- Lucario

So yeah, 11 left (9 since I'd just get the trio pack for Mii Fighters) not counting the future ones like Roy & Ryu which I have pre-ordered.

The last 3 amiibo I've order arrived today. I'm free!...until March.

Forgot to say what I got:
The entire Smash set - 53
The entire Animal Crosssing set - 12
Splatoon set - 3
Toad
8bit Mario Classic
Shovel Knight
Green Yarn Yoshi
Chibi-robo

73 damn amiibo.

Bane

I see Rosalina is on Amazon for $19, has there been any scuttlebutt about her coming back to stores? I'd prefer to wait if there's a chance I could just spend retail.

Bummer.

It's been similar for me.

InkoMint

Neo Member
I see Rosalina is on Amazon for $19, has there been any scuttlebutt about her coming back to stores? I'd prefer to wait if there's a chance I could just spend retail.

She did have a reprint late last year. I personally don't think she will unless she's in another game soon!

So I have some extra Smash Amiibo and am willing to trade straight up for in box Animal Crossing Amiibo. PM me if interested.

The boxed ones, minus Gold Mario are up for trade.

Amiibo_zpsgo97ji05.png

Velcro Fly

I'm actually excited to blast through the 6 NES games again and maybe get some enjoyment out of the challenges. Will honestly be a great change of pace game from Fire Emblem

Just got a preauthorization charge for the Mega Man Legacy Collection Collector's Edition. Is the Gold Mega Man Amiibo likely to be rare? I can't decide if I want to hang on to my preorder or not...

Skrams

Just got a preauthorization charge for the Mega Man Legacy Collection Collector's Edition. Is the Gold Mega Man Amiibo likely to be rare? I can't decide if I want to hang on to my preorder or not...
It's been available to preorder for a while and is still available. I kind of doubt it will be that rare. It's no gold Mario or anything at least.

Cindro

Have there been any hints of a FE reprint to coincide with Fates? I'm on that Fates hype train right now, and want my girl Luc in my party.

So to be clear here, the only "issue" here is that the amiibo doesn't come in full, special packaging? Because I don't see anything else "wrong" with it, unless I'm missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom