• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Got mine today too.

I'm not even a Mega Man fan. -_-

Seriously debating selling the game on eBay or something.

Might as well ask: does the game support quick save states, and can you quickly revert to them like the Virtual Console? If so I might actually play it, lol

PLS

Play classic Mega Man!

Also yes, there is a semi-VC system where you press R to save/load. It's pretty nice.

PLS

Play classic Mega Man!

Also yes, there is a semi-VC system where you press R to save/load. It's pretty nice.
I'm so shitty at it though, at least as far as I can tell from what little I've played in the past haha. Also, I often have very little patience for NES games like these.

I really want a Cloud Amiibo...its gonna be rare isnt it?

I'm optimistic. Nintendo has really turned this around with the DLC characters amiibo. Mewtwo and Lucas were easy to preorder and are still available to buy for normal prices, and Roy is still available to preorder on GS website.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so shitty at it though, at least as far as I can tell from what little I've played in the past haha. Also, I often have very little patience for NES games like these.

Mega Man is one of my favorite game series ever, and I've replayed MM2 a bajillion times. They can be tough but it's so rewarding!

KingBroly

Banned
I went to Target and got MMLC since Gamestop cancelled my pre-order for no reason. Just bullshit. They had 3 of them, at least.

Anyways, I wish it was a Special variant on the box instead of the white nothingness.

Still waiting on a Mega Yarn Yoshi restock, which is supposedly happening.

Wow it's been forever since I've been apart of the amiibo craze.

Whenever I go to a game store I still always look in the amiibo section just out of habit.
I've noticed that a lot of characters have been restocked and the newer ones are well stocked too.

Let's cut to the chase: the only amiibos I wanted are Ness (who I still have) and Bayonetta.
Possibly Cloud, but the other two for sure.

Do we think that Nintendo is keeping the US fairly stocked of these newly incoming amiibo?
I was at BB a couple weeks ago and saw a shat storm or Mewtwo which brings me hope for the amiibo future

RedBoot

I think we're past the days of the amiibopocalypse. All the recent and upcoming ones (Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu, Famirob, etc) have been widely available for purchase/preorder. The fact that you can still walk into a Gamestop and preorder Roy is pretty telling. I wouldn't worry about Cloud, Bayo, and Corrin.

The only ones still tough to get are ones that were initially rare and haven't seen a reprint (Robin, Lucina, Dedede, Meta Knight, etc). Hopefully that will be addressed soon.

Marvie_3

Banned
Do we think that Nintendo is keeping the US fairly stocked of these newly incoming amiibo?
I was at BB a couple weeks ago and saw a shat storm or Mewtwo which brings me hope for the amiibo future
They really seem to have the supply issues figured out now. The only recent amiibo that has been in short supply is Mega Yarn Yoshi. Even most of the "rare" amiibos have gotten sizeable restocks.

Edit: what redboot said too

RaidenZR

They really seem to have the supply issues figured out now. The only recent amiibo that has been in short supply is Mega Yarn Yoshi. Even most of the "rare" amiibos have gotten sizeable restocks.

Edit: what redboot said too

I don't think Pit, Lucina, or Robin have ever been restocked. Maybe I'm wrong about Pit, but Lucina surely hasn't.

Defect

I got my Gold Megaman yesterday and my Mii pack should be arriving today. Thanks restocks!

I'm only missing

Wario
WFT
Yoshi
Zelda
Pikachu
Link
Kirby
Bowser
Mario

I had no idea that MMLC came with stickers, postcards, theme downloads, and soundtrack downloads. That was a cool surprise. I kind of want to buy another one so I can send the postcards out and keep a set for myself!

And, I actually kind of like the super-generic white box that Gold Mega Man comes on. It almost makes it look like a prototype or something.

Thoraxes

Got mine today too.

I'm not even a Mega Man fan. -_-

Seriously debating selling the game on eBay or something.

Might as well ask: does the game support quick save states, and can you quickly revert to them like the Virtual Console? If so I might actually play it, lol

I bought it cause it had an amiibo in it.

I suck at Mega Man. Like really, really bad.
Did people get their gold Mega Man amiibo from Best Buy? I went to pick mine up today but they say stores didn't get them yet.
I did. It was for shipping only though. I don't think I was ever presented with an option for in-store pickup on the amiibo bundle, iirc.

KingBroly

Banned
I got my Gold Megaman yesterday and my Mii pack should be arriving today. Thanks restocks!

I'm only missing

Wario
WFT
Yoshi
Zelda
Pikachu
Link
Kirby
Bowser
Mario

Yoshi's on the way out, so is Zelda and Mario
Bowser might be out in favor of his Mario Party render
Kirby is gone, so is Wario and WFT

So start your imports today

InkoMint

Neo Member
got my ZSS from BB. bubble mailer FTW :/
http://i.imgur.com/KGpkNGW.jpg

this is when i wished i ordered from amazon so they can at least give me partial refund.

The BB nearest to us is packed full of ZSS and Falco. I wonder if it depends on location what's well stocked? You have a BB near you? Get it shipped to store and see if you'll get a better copy, unless your closest store is too far and that's why you shipped. I'm sorry. :(

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I stopped keeping up after Smash line... but what happened here?

dAmzEP1.jpg

Chorazin

Is there a list of the Japanese Amiibo that have the code for the Mario Minis game in them? I have a JN3DS and it would probably cheaper to get the code in an Amiibo than buying the game. Unless someone has a code lying around, lol.

I stopped keeping up after Smash line... but what happened here?

dAmzEP1.jpg

What store is that? For $3 I'll grab Blathers and Celeste just because.

Renewed

Preordered Roy this morning in-store here in Canada, since EB Games went up first (not exclusive) he sold out in 2 minutes online. I want to see what TPC does with amiibo for the new gen. Maybe keep it simple with cards? I probably won't go all in and what I get will be for my brother.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably will pick up Pikachu, Charizard, & Jigglypuff later today with that Pokemon event happening at GameStop. Then I'll have all 6 Pokemon from the Smash line, putting me closer to having everyone from that line.

Boogiepop

I know it's not amiibo related but Nendo Red Champion Edition is up for preorder! I know a couple people here wanted it too.

AiZHlhq.png

definitely not trying to move us to OT8 or anything

Seems to have sold out already, like a (not so) fun tribute to the way amiibo used to be! (I'm not super frustrated as I was only maybe considering picking it up for the Pokemon, as I already have the original version with the first form starters. But yeah, that sold out waaaay too fast.)

kirby_fox

Banned
Seems to have sold out already, like a (not so) fun tribute to the way amiibo used to be! (I'm not super frustrated as I was only maybe considering picking it up for the Pokemon, as I already have the original version with the first form starters. But yeah, that sold out waaaay too fast.)

I didn't get the original and really wanted to grab this one for Red...super disappointed now, because the cost of getting one is going to be just as bad as finding one of the original ones if not worse. Oh well.

Jawmuncher

The animal crossing like was a mistake. Since the game just didn't work out. Doesn't help that isabelle still isn't stand alone. Only one I want.

Also a smash line with no new villager for smash support is just odd. But we gotta have like 6+ versions of Mario though.

Jawmuncher

We all knew once smash started getting smaller things were gonna slow down on the amiibo front. I wonder how the NX release will go. I could see them having a good bit of new amiibos for that launch.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
GS only had 1 Pikachu left, sold out of the rest of the Pokémon amiibo. Now I need Charizard & Jigglypuff to have all 6 Pokemon.

Thank goodness I'm not gonna bother with a Pokemon line once it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom