• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So to be clear here, the only "issue" here is that the amiibo doesn't come in full, special packaging? Because I don't see anything else "wrong" with it, unless I'm missing something.

Some people are NIB collectors so this kinda ruins it... Animal Crossing Festival didn't exactly help either, but you can at least take them out of the bundled packaging on the other bundles.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now to hope that we'll see a sudden reprint of the FE characters shipping with copies of FE Fates. Give me a decently priced Robin & Lucina, damn it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI02bUnWoK0

Amiibo support for Pokken Fighters; looks like you get in game gold, backgrounds, clothing, tags, etc for all the amiibo.

I was kind of hoping the game would allow you to save your character configurations to it and then you take it with you to a friend's house or to the arcade machines...but I guess that was wishful thinking.

I'm kind of hoping maybe it'll be patched in later, and they make Pokemon cards like the Mewtwo one.

Skrams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI02bUnWoK0

Amiibo support for Pokken Fighters; looks like you get in game gold, backgrounds, clothing, tags, etc for all the amiibo.

I was kind of hoping the game would allow you to save your character configurations to it and then you take it with you to a friend's house or to the arcade machines...but I guess that was wishful thinking.

I'm kind of hoping maybe it'll be patched in later, and they make Pokemon cards like the Mewtwo one.

I would of hoped the Pokemon would give you something unique like Link giving you the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors. Welp. I guess it's a fine implementation for what it is.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No special bonuses for using the Pokemon amiibo? Oh well, still neat each one gives you something.

Seems only 5 bonuses per day, similar to Hyrule Warriors?

Dumb packaging but it's a Gold Mega Man amiibo so WHO CARES GIMMIE

Also got this bad boy on order!

Damn, I didn't even know that that was a thing.

In other news, amiibos for sale at magfest were funny. One booth had tons of boxes of import ones and were selling them for more than amazon.
And people just kept buying them. :c

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
If anyone wants to pick up a Hammer Slam Bowser Skymiibo for barely more than the cost of a regular Amiibo, there are some shenanigans you can pull at Target. Yesterday I got the Superchargers Racing Starter Pack for Wii that comes with him for $15.24 before tax.

First, download Target's Cartwheel smartphone app, which has a coupon for 50% off any Skylanders starter pack. Claim it on the app so that it's queued up.

Next, pull up Target's website, which currently has the Wii version of Superchargers on sale for $30.49: http://www.target.com/p/skylanders-superchargers-starter-pack-nintendo-wii/-/A-21462970

Then go to Target, find a copy of the game and take it to customer service. Have them pricematch it to their own website, then have them scan the code your Cartwheel app generates, and voila — you get a Hammer Slam Bowser for about $16 and you get a bonus crappy game for the Wii, Stealth Elf Skylander, a couple cards for the app and a checklist poster for free to do with what you will.

Unfortunately, the Wii U version with Tacky Suit Donkey Kong is not on sale on Target's website, but you still could use the Carthweel app to get it for $37.50, although that's still more than what Toys R Us is selling him for individually ($25.99). GameStop is selling the Wii U Superchargers starter pack for $39.99, but I don't know if the Cartwheel app will stack with pricematches to competitors. Your mileage may vary with that one.

Amazon finally has the individually-carded Skylanders amiibo listed for $24.99 each ($19.99 each if you have Prime!) with a 2/24 release date.
Make sure to choose Amazon as the seller to get the lower price!

Hammer Slam Bowser

Turbo Charge Donkey Kong

What took them so long? I nabbed these at Target a month ago. Should have waited since I've done nothing with them. Gotta remember how great Prime is now with game stuff.

Gameboy415

What took them so long? I nabbed these at Target a month ago. Should have waited since I've done nothing with them. Gotta remember how great Prime is now with game stuff.

No clue!
Best Buy has been really sketchy with stocking these as well - I haven't seen them available for shipping at all on the site and only one store near me was even stocking them when I bought mine a few weeks ago!
Now Best Buy shows that they're not available within 250 miles of my location, it's crazy :O

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
This I can do! I wonder if they will ever sell the dark versions seperately, though. Do they ever do that with starter pack/store exlusives?

Dark Edition characters have never been sold separately, so I doubt it.

This I can do! I wonder if they will ever sell the dark versions seperately, though. Do they ever do that with starter pack/store exlusives?

As Diggeh said, they don't ever put the Darks as singles, but you can get the Wii U version for the rock bottom price of $34.52 with Prime. Wii version looked to be around $50 with a quick glance.

Possibly likely is that you'll come across one at Gamestop with their used Skylanders. Often after the games have left the market (when the new ones come out) the older series figures are sold used at Gamestop. I managed to pick up some of the previous game's ones that way, but with them being amiibolanders, Gamestop could be cheap and make them a ridiculous price in store and online...if they get any at all. If you really want the Dark edition ones, it's probably more financially sensible to just buy the starter and piecemeal the other stuff out on craigslist or ebay.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, looks like Wolf Link works on Mario Maker....and also unlocks ANOTHER lines of costumes, since he's #132. Maybe that row is for upcoming amiibo like Roy, Ryu, & FamiROB.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh cool, looks like Wolf Link works on Mario Maker....and also unlocks ANOTHER lines of costumes, since he's #132. Maybe that row is for upcoming amiibo like Roy, Ryu, & FamiROB.

Gotta make room for the Diggeh costume!

I don't understand why people are listing the Gold Megaman Amiibo for $50+ on eBay when it's still available to order at several retailers and in stores.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Speaking of the Gold Mega Man, scanning it into Mario Maker just gives you normal Mega Man, it doesn't differ like the colored Marios.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
YQjy3L3.png

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing it for a while and haven't felt any frame rate/lag issues. It doesn't have any of the awful sound issues the console versions have. I love the museum too, so many cool obscure scans ranging from full JP manuals to regional ads. The challenge mode is also really cool! It has some remixed areas and such.

yes

I have a feeling with the reprints and animal crossing amiibos flooding the store shelves and staying there, stores won't order much and Nintendo won't make much, so yeah Bayonetta , Corrin and cloud will be undershipped D:

I dunno if anyone else does, but i follow a few celebs on snapchat. I was watching Debby Ryan's today and spotted Mega Yarn Yoshi, the 3 regular Yarns and what appears to be either Lottie/Cyrus or likely Reese and Cyrus on her desk.

0ONvqis.png

Just thought it was neat that some relatively famous people got that amiibo fever too.

Yeah boyyyeeeeeeee

Got mine today too.

I'm not even a Mega Man fan. -_-

Seriously debating selling the game on eBay or something.

Might as well ask: does the game support quick save states, and can you quickly revert to them like the Virtual Console? If so I might actually play it, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom