• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Least this week is the Wolf Link amiibo. I'm wondering if Nintendo's trying to cook up a Zelda line due to Link being the most popular here in the US.

Well, ordered Charizard & Jigglypuff online from GS' site (yay free shipping). Now that just leaves me with only:

- Wario
- Toon Link
- Robin
- Lucina
- The Mii Fighters

Also wow, after the two I ordered, that'll put me at 55....then Wolf Link at 56....then Ryu, Roy, & FamiROB at 59.....

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Now's a good time as any to fill those holes in your collection. It may be a lull, but you never know what Nintendo will put out next!

also it saves me from having to update the OT because that takes forever >_>

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
8-bit Link amiibo to celebrate 30 years of Zelda.

8-bit Pikachu to celebrate 20 years (you know there's gonna be a Pokemon line).

8-bit Samus to celebrate 30 years of Metroohhahahahahahahahaha like Nintendo's gonna remember that, you'll get amiibo support in Federation Force & like it.

Hero

It makes too much damn sense to do a Zelda amiibo line for the 30th anniversary.

8 bit Link, LttP Link, OoT Link, Fierce Deity Link, some incarnations of Zelda/Ganon/Ganondorf (non TP to not overlap with SSB line).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like they could easily just be like "Okay here's an OoT line, some Majora's Mask characters, a Wind Waker line, Twilight Princess line, & Skyward Sword! Also here's some characters from the newest Zelda!" & yeah, go for LttP/LBW stuff as well.

Or hell, do the characters from Hyrule Warriors, a Linkle amiibo would probably do well.

Got my Gold Megaman today. Still only missing Mega Yarn Yoshi.

I need to start looking for a way to display everything. All currently crammed together in a cabinet.

Edit: I would love more 8-bit amiibo. Especially Link and Samus.

Edit 2: Hyrule Warriors amiibo line would be dope.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I stopped keeping up after Smash line... but what happened here?

dAmzEP1.jpg

I'm going to Fry's this week.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I feel like they could easily just be like "Okay here's an OoT line, some Majora's Mask characters, a Wind Waker line, Twilight Princess line, & Skyward Sword! Also here's some characters from the newest Zelda!" & yeah, go for LttP/LBW stuff as well.

Or hell, do the characters from Hyrule Warriors, Lana and Cia amiibos would probably do well.

fixed

oh, also, Link with Blue Scarf Amiibo

The_Kid

Anyone have the Amiibo displays by Power A? What's the quality? Thinking of spicing up my cabinet display but dunno if it's a good fit.

Persona7

Banned
The Animal Crossing amiibos were a huge mistake. The initial launch stock never even came close to selling out at the stores I frequently check for amiibo.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The Animal Crossing amiibos were a huge mistake. The initial launch stock never even came close to selling out at the stores I frequently check for amiibo.

Yep. They should have been launched alongside a game that used them well. Only Animal Crossing Party really uses them, and they're basically glorified avatars in that game.

They also should have limited them to the most recognizable characters — just K.K. Slider, Resetti, Tom Nook and I guess Isabelle. No one knows who the sheep, hedgehog, skunk and owls are (even if I do think most of them are cute). A big selling point of Amiibo is people's attachment to the characters. If people don't know who the characters are, there won't be demand for them, and I think this Animal Crossing Amiibo situation bears that out.

mjc

I found a copy of the CE for the Mega Man Legacy Collection at Target...might end up keeping it. The only way I'd return it is if I found a Mega Man amiibo for a decent price, but the chances of that seem pretty slim right now. Might as well keep what I have so I can use the gold one for the challenge stages.

JavyOO7

Nothing yet in amazon Japan yet for an official release for Ryu. May just get him here in USA since it looks like he'll be in good stock over here.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yep. They should have been launched alongside a game that used them well. Only Animal Crossing Party really uses them, and they're basically glorified avatars in that game.

They also should have limited them to the most recognizable characters — just K.K. Slider, Resetti, Tom Nook and I guess Isabelle. No one knows who the sheep, hedgehog, skunk and owls are (even if I do think most of them are cute). A big selling point of Amiibo is people's attachment to the characters. If people don't know who the characters are, there won't be demand for them, and I think this Animal Crossing Amiibo situation bears that out.
This is a big part of the problem. Amiibo Festival is awful.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The problem is that Amiibo Festival isn't even a game. It's a thing. They needed to launch it with a new AC game, not...whatever that was.

I'm a sucker for AC so I'm buying them all anyway because they're awesome

Draxal

AF is bad, but another issue I had with it is that there's a cool game mode I want to try that's gated beyond the awful main game, and I don't want to suffer throught that anymore.

ChrisD

I fear that our Target won't get anyone else in ever again with Lottie warming every peg.

How's Ryu expected to look stock-wise? I didn't pre-order him, going to see if I can walk in and just buy one like I did with Lucas.
Pre-ordered a Roy because Fire Emblem, and if any amiibo is going to release with low stock in this era it would be a Fire Emblem character.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There any way to get the Mii Fighters trio at this point for someone who doesn't have a TRU anywhere close by & would rather just get them all at once compared to buying all 3 separately?

I feel like being a rather familiar character, he should be rather well stocked, especially considering I've seen Lucas has been easy to get as well.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
There any way to get the Mii Fighters trio at this point for someone who doesn't have a TRU anywhere close by & would rather just get them all at once compared to buying all 3 separately?

I feel like being a rather familiar character, he should be rather well stocked, especially considering I've seen Lucas has been easy to get as well.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017G3ESRY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+3-pack.TRS0&_nkw=mii+fighter+3-pack&_sacat=0

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's not toooo bad I guess for Amazon, but now they charge shipping for orders under $50, so blarg. This is why I wish TRU would actually put their exclusives on their site. Everyone else has.....eventually.

Chorazin

That's not toooo bad I guess for Amazon, but now they charge shipping for orders under $50, so blarg. This is why I wish TRU would actually put their exclusives on their site. Everyone else has.....eventually.

You should have Prime.

Prime is life.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If I could somehow get back my Amazon Student & pay $50 instead of the whopping $100, I'd be tempted to get Prime again. Least I had that 30 day trial which let me get free shipping on a $12 Japanese Greninja & a $10 Mewtwo, plus I made a couple of pre-orders as well so I can still get the free shipping + discount.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh it is?! Weird, I remember looking numerous times, not seeing it, as I recall Lucario (or was it Greninja) & Bowser Jr. weren't available online at launch as well.

japtor

How long has the retro 3 pack been $26? Just remembered wanting Duck Hunt and ROB a while back but forgot about it until recently, then saw the price a few weeks back which seemed low. Looks like the original price was $35?

Anyway finally picked that up last week. Originally just bought Kirby for Smash way back, then Mega Man (...cause Mega Man). Impulse bought Pac-Man and Blue Yarn Yoshi when I saw them in a store recently, which is what got me thinking about the retro pack. Still a bunch I'd like to have but that takes care of a lot of the ones I really wanted. Until the next time I look at the big list of stuff and remember a bunch more I want.

In light of recent announcement of Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow, speculation time?

-Roy to be unlockable in Fire Emblem Fates
-Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta to be released in May
-Splatoon wave 2 of the Squid Sisters and Octoling
-Super Mario wave 2 of Wario, Donkey Kong, and Rosalina
-Arwing amiibo to be bundled with Star Fox Zero

30th anniversary line of Zelda amiibo, my wallet will burn to the depths of hell

Defect

I bought it on TRU.com and got it last week.

Cappa

Banned
Hi guys long time no speak. :) due to the amiibo paradise that is Europe I haven't posted much here or in the line chat in months.

I'm still happily collecting the smash line and any amiibo not part of the AC collection though :) one question I had is about the mega man amiibo is it only available packaged in the game? Or is it sold separately? If it's only available as a packaged game is there any word if/when it will be sold separately?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Any idea how well the Twilight Princess Amiibo bundle will be stocked? I cancelled my pre-order at Amazon in hope that I will be able to pick it up at Best Buy sometime this weekend with GCU. Bad idea?

Neoxon

Any idea how well the Twilight Princess Amiibo bundle will be stocked? I cancelled my pre-order at Amazon in hope that I will be able to pick it up at Best Buy sometime this weekend with GCU. Bad idea?
Every physical copy in North America comes with the Wolf Link Amiibo, so I wouldn't worry too much about it selling out. And worst-case scenario, the Amiibo was apparently listed on its own (likely to allow those who went digital to get the Amiibo).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, Direct tomorrow.

.....will we get release dates on Corrin, Cloud, & Bayonetta? AND WILL THEY MAKE A BAYO 1 AMIIBO EXCLUSIVE TO SOME PLACE?!

Neoxon

The real question is whether we'll get a Waluigi amiibo.

Also Female Corrin pls.
Maybe we'll get Female Corrin if we get Amiibos of the other alternate costumes (Female Robin, Bayo 1 Bayonetta, Advent Children Cloud, Female Villager, Male Wii Fit Trainer, etc.). The only reason why we got Famicom ROB is because of the fact that it was the default in Japan. We got Male Corrin by default because it lines up with the default version of Corrin in Fates as well as most of the marketing (which usually refers to Corrin as "he").

Every physical copy in North America comes with the Wolf Link Amiibo, so I wouldn't worry too much about it selling out. And worst-case scenario, the Amiibo was apparently listed on its own (likely to allow those who went digital to get the Amiibo).

Nope. At least not yet. Which sucks because I want one sealed and one to open.

I'm watching Futurama right now and just saw a commercial for Twilight Princess HD. "The Wolf Link amiibo figure available exclusively in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD game + amiibo bundle."

Neifirst

There won't be a wolf link available separately at launch, but it will come eventually. I'm all digital and it doesn't sound like that challenge dungeon is much fun anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom