• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. At least not yet. Which sucks because I want one sealed and one to open.

I'm watching Futurama right now and just saw a commercial for Twilight Princess HD. "The Wolf Link amiibo figure available exclusively in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD game + amiibo bundle."

They've said that about every single bundled amiibo though. Mario Series Mario, Chibi Robo, Modern Color Retro Mario, Annabelle and Digby, Yarn Yoshi, they all either have been or will soon be available without their respective games. And there's not a chance that they won't release stand-alone Wolf Link for people who bought digital. They might have to wait, but it'll come, just like all the others.

Anyone expecting (or hoping for) Amiibo news in tomorrow's Direct? Maybe some Star Fox Zero ones?

Amiibo news is pretty much guaranteed. After the 18th we will only have three more unreleased amiibo, none of which have dates. No way we won't be getting announcements before that day passes, and I doubt they'll do a separate announcement sometime in between.

Star fox amiibo bundle should be announced
Along with robin x lucina restocks......:( blah do it NoA

I should trade my amiibos , I wonder if anyone still trades games for amiibos lol

ChrisD

I should trade my amiibos , I wonder if anyone still trades games for amiibos lol

I'm in this awkward position where I can't really sell/trade my amiibo because my Uncle bought me a lot of them lol.

I love like, twenty of them, but then the others I don't even care much for. They're the ones that are mixed between "ones I bought because I wanted to get them all" and "my Uncle bought me these because he wanted to see a complete collection." So even though I could still sell about ten of them, then I'd feel bad because the ones he bought for me to round out the collection would stare at me with disdain every day lol.

And yeah, they really need to restock Robin and Lucina. Thought it was coming with Fates for sure.

And Kirby restocks too please

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

I love like, twenty of them, but then the others I don't even care much for. They're the ones that are mixed between "ones I bought because I wanted to get them all" and "my Uncle bought me these because he wanted to see a complete collection." So even though I could still sell about ten of them, then I'd feel bad because the ones he bought for me to round out the collection would stare at me with disdain every day lol.

animation1mur0j.gif

ChrisD

Diggeh I'm trying to post in here and assist in your next OT best OT goals please don't hate and forgive the forbidden topic in which I'm partaking to do so

I can't decide whether I'm going to keep my Famicom ROB preorder...

Does it unlock anything different than regular ROB in SMM, or anything like that?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I can't decide whether I'm going to keep my Famicom ROB preorder...

Does it unlock anything different than regular ROB in SMM, or anything like that?

He actually does unlock a different SMM costume as well as a Famicom Yoshi costume in Wooly World.

QVR47ae.png

Also come on it's Famicom R.O.B. you need that bad boy

UCBooties

Nowhere else for this so, here's a minor gripe:

Why didn't NoA do a second run of the FE amiibos to go with the release for FE: Fates? Come on guys, the tie in was a selling point in your official marketing on YouTube? Why hype it up if it's going to be impossible to get them without going to a Third Party Seller?

Any word on whether Wolk Link/Midna will be released separately from the bundle in NA? I see it has its own spot in the OP, but it's not otherwise available for purchase at any retailer I've seen.

ChrisD

No word on it yet, but the past shows with other bundles that there will be a way to buy it separate. Just have to wait.
Don't know WHY they're waiting on it this time, they're kind of screwing over digital buyers in the process.

UCBooties

cause they are NoA

NoE has been flooded since forever , you can even buy them on Nintendos UK website

cmon NoA, you dummies

Time to import then. I'm taking them out of the packaging anyway so there's no point in waiting for a rerelease outside of the price difference. At this point I'll pay more to have them and be done with it rather than wait for some hypothetical future run.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nowhere else for this so, here's a minor gripe:

Why didn't NoA do a second run of the FE amiibos to go with the release for FE: Fates? Come on guys, the tie in was a selling point in your official marketing on YouTube? Why hype it up if it's going to be impossible to get them without going to a Third Party Seller?

Cause we don't like teh Japanesey games and they don't sell Mario numbers.

If anyone has any extra Animal Crossing Amiibo nib, I am willing to trade nib Robin for 2 of them. Let me know what you have if interested.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg that Famicom yarn Yoshi. That reminds me I need to go back & finish that game along with unlocking a ton more costumes. I stopped because World 4-S was so frustrating STOP KILLING ME GIANT PIRAHNA PLANT

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
New Dedede's face looks a bit derpy. The Smash one is much cuter.

Meta Knight is about on par with the Smash one, except this one doesn't look like he has "battle damage" to his armor's paint.

Kirby on a Super Star, though! And Waddle Dee! Those two are hype.

Honestly, there wasn't enough amiibos for this announcement.

Don't forget that cool little Amiibo Challenge game, giving our Amiibos a new reason to exist and be used.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I like how they brought back the Smash ability via the Kirby amiibo. That was so fun in Amazing Mirror, can't wait to use it again.

I just hope they don't pull a "oh sorry you have SMASH Kirby, you need the Kirby from the Kirby line."

RedBoot

Here's three of the same chars with waddledee. Yeah I'm going to pass

Basically like the Super Mario line. :p It doesn't bother me as much though, since the Mario line hit in the middle of the time when the Smash line was so scarce. Gave off the feeling that they were too busy making a new Mario when the old one was still all over the place.

I like the new Kirby better than the Smash one, but I prefer Smash Dedede and Meta Knight. I fear this means we won't see restocks of the Smash ones though, which bothers me since Dedede was very scarce and Meta Knight even moreso.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge is free if you buy an amiibo from GameStop, Amazon, or Best Buy starting March 25th, then will be a free download on the eShop April 28th.

..............so why not coincide it with, ya know, the Roy, Ryu, & FamiROB amiibo coming out?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge is free if you buy an amiibo from GameStop, Amazon, or Best Buy starting March 25th, then will be a free download on the eShop April 28th.

..............so why not coincide it with, ya know, the Roy, Ryu, & FamiROB amiibo coming out?

Cause they gotta clear out old stock/replenishments :x

Yeah, I'm in for the Kirby line. Like I said in the game's thread though, Kirby's amiibo once again makes me wish for the day we see an sequel to Air Ride :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cause they gotta clear out old stock/replenishments :x
If they bothered to do a reprint of Wario, Toon LInk, Robin, &/or Lucina to coincide with giving out codes for the game (well maybe Wario since he can actually be used),

Also CRAP, rewatching the Direct & it mentions something about the fact you can only get the UFO ability via the Kirby figure. So if I scan the Smash Kirby, I'll get the Smash ability...but I gotta get the one from the Kirby line specifically if I want UFO.

I do like how those figures give you unique "costumes", like making him blue with a Meta Knight mask with your Sword ability, but it kind of sucks that I already have Meta Knight & Dedede from the Smash line, so would I still get them or just "here's sword & hammer, be happy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom