• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm hearing Federation Force will have amiibo support based on the updated boxart, though no word on which ones (well aside from Samus & ZSS obviously).

Jawmuncher

Not one but two isabelles lol. I want the original, but if one is a pain to find and not the other i'll just get whichever is available.

I don't like the Kirby Amiibos. I will just try and wait for smash reprints.

Oooooh, I missed the Kirby amiibo announcement. I just watched bits and pieces of the Direct. Dedede and Meta Knight are probably my two favorite amiibo, so excited to have MORE, MORE, MORE!

My list of don't-haves (just MYY) and coming soons was getting short!

So gut says new Kirby and Meta Knight, but new DeDeDe or old? The pose looks better now but looks like they dumped some of the detail to go more true to the sprites? (like, the texture of the trim)

So gut says new Kirby and Meta Knight, but new DeDeDe or old? The pose looks better now but looks like they dumped some of the detail to go more true to the sprites? (like, the texture of the trim)

All six is the only answer!
I, personally, think new Kirby, old DeDeDe, old Meta Knight.

All six is the only answer!

I knew I would hear this but I just can't. No repaints (Silver/Gold, FamiRob), no doubles for me. Makes for some divisive Smash vs SMB questions but there's only so much space...

I, personally, think new Kirby, old DeDeDe, old Meta Knight.

I feel like new Meta has a truer pose/look, but lacks the wings? Haven't seen smash ver in person though

Maengun1

Oooooh I definitely want Waddle Dee at least. But Star Kirby is pretty sweet too..... I'm happy with my Smash version MK and DDD.

tsundoku

Am I crazy or did we see that Kirby Amiibo a really long time ago on some Amiibo display silhouette or Presentation Slide or somesuch

Thoraxes

Nintendo should just crush the amiibos up for me so I can snort or shoot them up into my veeeeiinnnnnssssss.

Gimme dem Kibry amiibos!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
SHOCKING NEWS: That transforming Arwing amiibo isn't happening.

Miyamoto said:
“We were working on a couple of ideas for the game for well over a year,” says Nintendo designer Shigeru Miyamoto. “There was one point where we had an Arwing Amiibo that would transform into the walker. But it was really tough to execute that in the normal Amiibo size and in a way that met with product-safety standards. We had to give up on it. For now, it’s only going to work with Fox and Falco from the Super Smash Bros. series.”

Who'd've thunk it

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
DOUBLE POST DON'T CARE

Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge is free if you buy an amiibo from GameStop, Amazon, or Best Buy starting March 25th, then will be a free download on the eShop April 28th.

..............so why not coincide it with, ya know, the Roy, Ryu, & FamiROB amiibo coming out?

nope

pls buy all the AC Amiibos that are warming pegs around the world if you want early access to Mini Mario & Friends

Zalman

I'm so sad we didn't get a Star Fox line. I wanted Slippy and Peppy as well as new versions of Fox and Falco. Kirby is cool too, but Kirby games happen so often that it was going to happen eventually. We don't know when Star Fox will get another chance.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maaaaaaan, I so would've bought just a normal Arwing (& Landmaster) amiibo, it didn't need to transform.

I still hope Falco unlocks the N64 style of the Arwing, I'm instantly gonna try out the SNES style one. Waaaaay cooler than what I was thinking they were gonna do, just something similar to Ace Combat.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So apart from the Kirby amiibo were any other amiibo news announced?

They announced Mini Mario & Friends: Amiibo Challenge, a free eShop game: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...miibo-challenge-coming-to-nintendo-eshop.aspx

Game Informer said:
In Mini Mario and Friends, each Amiibo will unlock a corresponding character and levels built around that character’s unique abilities. For example, Mario can bounce off of walls in order to access hard-to-reach spaces on the screen.

Mini Mario and Friends Amiibo Challenge will be available for download on April 28. Prior to that, purchasing an Amiibo at GameStop, Best Buy, or Amazon will get you a code for early access to the game starting on March 25.

Also, the fourth series of Animal Crossing Amiibo cards will clog store shelves June 10, and the Summer Outfit Isabelle Amiibo figure will release with a third wave of Animal Crossing Amiibos.

uhhhh and it looks like Metroid Prime: Federation Fart will use Amiibos in some way. In StarFox Zero, the Fox Amiibo will make your Arwing look like SNES graphically. Falco does something, too, but it wasn't said what.

Maaaaaaan, I so would've bought just a normal Arwing (& Landmaster) amiibo, it didn't need to transform.

I still hope Falco unlocks the N64 style of the Arwing, I'm instantly gonna try out the SNES style one. Waaaaay cooler than what I was thinking they were gonna do, just something similar to Ace Combat.

I'm kinda disappointed with the Fox functionality in StarFox Zero. I think changing my Arwing to look like the SNES version is lame.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So since I don't trust Amazon shipping... does Target offer in store pickup on the day an Amiibo gets released? I don't think I'll get time to stop into a Target on the 18th to pick up Timmy and Tommy, but an in-store pickup would work. Of course, it depends how many they stock of him this time. Maybe they will thin it out...

EDIT: on second look, looks like he's available on Gamestop as well. Anyone know if they are pre-orderable in store? Best to just pick up later.

ChrisD

Smash Bros King Dedede is the best amiibo. Weighty, too! Nice colors, simple detail, and what seemed to be a print run without Murfs.

Skrams

Sitting at 69 with FamiROB, Roy, and Ryu preordered. Can't stop. Won't stop. Will pick up AC line when cheaper and I have more money.

Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge is free if you buy an amiibo from GameStop, Amazon, or Best Buy starting March 25th, then will be a free download on the eShop April 28th.

..............so why not coincide it with, ya know, the Roy, Ryu, & FamiROB amiibo coming out?

Yeah, kind of hoping to pick up a cheap amiibo around then. It seems pretty silly to limit it like that for a full month. I'll keep holding off on wave 2 of AC and beyond until then or even later if good sales happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom