• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

Gold Link amiibo
Gold 8-bit Link amiibo
Gold Zelda amiibo
Gold 8-bit Zelda amiibo
Gold Ganondorf amiibo
Gold 8-bit Ganon amiibo

GIANT Link amiibo
GIANT GOLD Link amiibo
GIANT Zelda amiibo
GIANT GOLD Zelda amiibo
GIANT Ganondrof amiibo
GIANT GOLD Ganondorf amiibo

we'reinthemoney.gif

My local TRU is getting a good amount of Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo for the 20th.

I don't care what they are, I will literally buy every single amiibo in the zelda line, even if it requires me to buy a brand new wii u.

Did TRU get restocks on any other amiibo or just MYY?

ChrisD

Yeah those things will drop in price faster than Animal Crossing

How come? I thought the Animal Crossing series was just a gross overestimation of stock. Kirby will probablg be more reasonable since they know better now. I'm thinking something like Lucas, Mewtwo, etc. Plenty to go around, but not holding pegs for years.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Well I was so impressed with the build quality and detailing on the Wolf Link Amiibo in TP HD, that I bought several more on discount at various retailers online.

Got my Link Amiibo first and WTF is this shit? I thought that yellow pole was just placeholder and could be removed? I cannot believe they were so deadest on that pose that the actual balance stand of the amiibo required that godawful piss-pole.

Link needs a refresh figure ASAP(or Linkel!)

Now if I can only find Megaman for less than $25 online...

zulux21

Nintendo needs to announce some new Amiibos. Kirby series isn't cutting it.

fates would have been a great time to introduce a fire emblem line with a female line for the already announced male versions of characters.

sadly they have mostly left the tokyo blah blah... fire emblem x megaten game to die and didn't do an amiibo line for it even though if they did most of the female cast they likely would have sold very well in japan at the very least :p

RomanceDawn

I held two Mega Yarn Yoshi's in my hand today. The Toys R Us clerk was ringing them up when he got a street date notice on the computer.

Oh well, I can wait. My store has about 23 of them.

Goretrail

How likely is it for TRU to break street dates? Should I worry about my store selling out before the 20th somehow, or do they have it locked down?

My local is holding for the 20th, and have heard several things on Reddit about not being able to buy them. One of the people on Reddit said that the person rang it up and it rejected due to street date. Anecdotal, but I feel pretty safe, I just hope there is not a massive line. I have not tried to line up for Amiibos since last spring, I want to say. I hope this turns out better than that did...

Well I was so impressed with the build quality and detailing on the Wolf Link Amiibo in TP HD, that I bought several more on discount at various retailers online.

Got my Link Amiibo first and WTF is this shit? I thought that yellow pole was just placeholder and could be removed? I cannot believe they were so deadest on that pose that the actual balance stand of the amiibo required that godawful piss-pole.

The Link amiibo might actually be the most objectively bad one. When they make a Zelda line and come out with a new one, I'm throwing away my old one immediately.

Yeah those things will drop in price faster than Animal Crossing

Well I dunno there's a possibility they wont. The AC series has two games, one of which made for the toy amiibos was kind of garbage-y so its not surprising that no one is buying them up.

If the Kirby game does well (which has a lot of hype and if it's at least fun it should enjoy some good success) it'll likely sell lots of amiibo. Plus with DDD and Meta not getting a large re-release, people still need them for Smash.

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more for the Mario series on sales, I'm still missing Bowser and refuse to pay full price because of the sales they were doing, but now there's none.

Oh god the piss pole lmao
I think it's just the pose and they wanted to use colors matching the series. All the ones with the poles/stands (Pit is the other colored one I believe) would have been better with clear translucent plastic. DK and Samus both have a more milky white translucent pieces, but the purest clear one I think is on Mewtwo and Falcon and the like.

Super excited to see that the MYY restock is real. I hope the TRU around here don't break street date. Still the only one I'm missing. If I don't get it this time around, I'll just bite the bullet and import.

I see talk of favorite and least favorite amiibo. I still have to go with Meta-Knight as my favorite (though Wolf Link is damn close). In terms of least favorite, I have to say Lucario.

Super excited to see that the MYY restock is real. I hope the TRU around here don't break street date. Still the only one I'm missing. If I don't get it this time around, I'll just bite the bullet and import.

I see talk of favorite and least favorite amiibo. I still have to go with Meta-Knight as my favorite (though Wolf Link is damn close). In terms of least favorite, I have to say Lucario.

My favorite is probably either Toon Link or King Dedede, least favorite by FAR is Jigglypuff. The eyes don't even look painted on, they look like stickers.

I won't throw mine away but they definitely could have done a lot better with the Link amiibo.

It's the only one that seems terribly low quality to me. Primarily because Link faces the ground. The thing would have been 50 times better if they just tilted him back by like 30 degrees. That's how he is in the Smash promo art and every other time his silhouette is in the game, but they just didn't bother with the amiibo.

Marvie_3

Banned
It's the only one that seems terribly low quality to me. Primarily because Link faces the ground. The thing would have been 50 times better if they just tilted him back by like 30 degrees. That's how he is in the Smash promo art and every other time his silhouette is in the game, but they just didn't bother with the amiibo.
Seems like the first series had a few amiibos with problems though. Derp faces, samus leaning, etc. Im just glad they seem to have the quality issues figured out now.

KingBroly

Banned

They're reprinted Link like...3 times and still haven't fixed him

Wish they'd reprint Samus already.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Soon, Target will be giving the things out to anyone who walks in the door

No wonder Nintendo didn't announce any new ones beyond the Kirby line

creid

Anyone else having trouble ordering series 3 AC amiibo cards from Amazon? I can add one to my cart but during checkout it says:

"We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable."

And they change my purchase quantity to 0. If it's sold out I would think they would just tell me it's sold out.

G0523

Lucas for $7.80 on amazon
I should just cancel rob x ryu and wait for price drops

Dead are amiibos >:)

I'm wondering whether or not to wait a day to grab the new amiibo that are coming out since Target will be having a Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off deal just two days after the new amiibo come out. :/ Considering how Nintendo has been lately with supply I think I might risk it.

Boogiepop

Man, I wish they'd reveal what's in Series 4 of the Animal Crossing amiibo cards. I'm kind of burned on Series 2, especially since I still need like 7 of those, and looking at Series 3 I think I could probably justify just grabbing like the 10 or so cards I like most from there from sellers on ebay or whatever... but I want to make sure I feel the same way about Series 4, as while I can justify a complete Series 1 and 2 and then some extras from 3 and 4, I'm not sure I could do a complete 1, 2, and 4 and then leave 3 incomplete. But yeah, thinking I may not need completion on the AC cards after all despite coming this far, as I'm not 100% sure it's really worth it to me...

Marvie_3

Banned
Man, I wish they'd reveal what's in Series 4 of the Animal Crossing amiibo cards. I'm kind of burned on Series 2, especially since I still need like 7 of those, and looking at Series 3 I think I could probably justify just grabbing like the 10 or so cards I like most from there from sellers on ebay or whatever... but I want to make sure I feel the same way about Series 4, as while I can justify a complete Series 1 and 2 and then some extras from 3 and 4, I'm not sure I could do a complete 1, 2, and 4 and then leave 3 incomplete. But yeah, thinking I may not need completion on the AC cards after all despite coming this far, as I'm not 100% sure it's really worth it to me...
http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/03/09/animal-crossing-series-4-amiibo-cards-revealed/

Yarbskoo

Finally got Twilight Princess HD and the accompanying amiibo from Amazon.
4bYmsAo.png
HDFc63A.png
GTviKno.png
BSKKxje.png
Iy6JRyF.png
KDkh72v.png

The figure has some nice detail. Midna's face isn't perfect, but I like that they actually put some thought into the base.

Velcro Fly

Damn Best Buy please put up the new Kirby amiibo please.

Want to be able to get all four and the game on release day so I can enjoy some awesome Kirby goodness. Bonus points for it being the week after I get off work for the summer :D

Firemind

To my surprise I saw both Roy and Ryu in stores today. Snagged the only Roy but left Ryu on shelves as it's honestly not very detailed. Roy on the other hand

460x.jpg

I also saw an Amiibo bargain bin. RIP in pieces, Palutena and Olimar.

Skrams

Europe. Mediamarkt. They seem to break street dates all the time. Apparently nobody wants Palutena. Or Tom Nook.
Is Palutena a thing usually stocked in Europe? I haven't been paying attention that much, but if a not so secret Palutena restock is happening too then that's kinda nuts.

Europe. Mediamarkt. They seem to break street dates all the time. Apparently nobody wants Palutena. Or Tom Nook.

I guess because of everybody over-ordering Animal Crossing Ammibo? (Or maybe just anger at having to buy a loan shark character.) But a shame, Tom Nook is maybe the most impressive Amiibo in terms of overall quality and detail. Picture perfect + texture.

Robin64

Someone with early Roy/Ryu amiibo should give it a try in Mario Maker. Nobody expect Wolf Link to work, but then boom, someone randomly tried it and it did.

shanafan

Just ordered Wolf Link amiibo from Amazon (Japan edition). Used my Bing rewards, and it was $11.97 with free shipping.

Estimated shipping is April 8th to the 29th, but I can wait!

Robin64

Speaking of that, what's stopping data miners from finding all the costumes?

They started storing them in the "shared save data" file, which is encrypted. There are placeholders for up to costume 200 in the game data file, but each one is labelled as something very generic like "Costume #189" until it's unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom