• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The MYY I ordered from amazon.jp showed up in 2 DAYS. How is that possible?

So much better than Tenso.

Because Amazon JP are miracle workers. Once figures start working for overseas shipping we are all doomed. DOOOOOMED

Just out of curiosity, do we know what the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card looks like yet? I was hoping for an unboxing or pics of the card at least. I'd like to know if it's in plastic cellophane and if it's closer to the AC cards or something different

Gameboy415

Just out of curiosity, do we know what the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card looks like yet? I was hoping for an unboxing or pics of the card at least. I'd like to know if it's in plastic cellophane and if it's closer to the AC cards or something different

Not sure how it will be packaged or what's on the back, but here's what the front of the card looks like:

promoshadowmewtwo.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got an email from GS saying you can get 2 free amiibo this weekend if you buy either Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer or Amiibo Festival.

Goretrail

Went to Best Buy today to return some busted up Amiibos they sent me in the mail in a bubble pack, and low and behold they had a Sonic and a Silver Mario on the shelf! Marios package is pretty busted, and I have another one coming in the mail already, but I can probably find someone to trade with that does not care about the packaging I suppose. Still really jazzed about it, haha.

OaWiUTm.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got aroudn to opening up my Skylander Amiibo. Are the paintjobs normally this bad for Skylanbders?? DK has spots missing from his white teeth, and then a splash of white got on his nose >_> Bowser is better though, don't see much wrong on him. The plastic of the 2 pack that I took them out of almost felt greasy too. Ew.

EDIT: scratch that, Bowser's MOUTH isn't even fully glued/attached to his face :/

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Finally got aroudn to opening up my Skylander Amiibo. Are the paintjobs normally this bad for Skylanbders?? DK has spots missing from his white teeth, and then a splash of white got on his nose >_> Bowser is better though, don't see much wrong on him. The plastic of the 2 pack that I took them out of almost felt greasy too. Ew.

EDIT: scratch that, Bowser's MOUTH isn't even fully glued/attached to his face :/

Yeah, if you've been collecting Amiibos, you're spoiled on quality. Skylanders are terrible, especially the Skymiibos for some reason.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ryu & FamiROB are now in the "preparing to ship" status from Best Buy.

.....if it's like with Twilight Princess HD, I'll get it Friday night around 8 p.m.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, if you've been collecting Amiibos, you're spoiled on quality. Skylanders are terrible, especially the Skymiibos for some reason.

Ugh didn't think they'd be this bad :/ Dark DK was actually the best of the 3. I think I'll contact Amazon today about replacing the Bowser though. His mouth is stuck and it looks terrible that it's detached and not glued into the face all the way :/ I assume they aren't all like that.

Dthomp

Ryu & FamiROB are now in the "preparing to ship" status from Best Buy.

.....if it's like with Twilight Princess HD, I'll get it Friday night around 8 p.m.

You've got my luck with BB and shipments. I never get my packages before 6:30pm CST, brutal when I order early and don't want to do store pickup. Should get Senran Kagura tomorrow night and my Ryu and Famicom Rob late Friday.

My Ryu is one the way from Amazon.

Your move,Roy from Gamestop. Let's see who can arrive at my house on time.

Probably Ryu cause GS sucks at shipping quickly

Goretrail

silver mario is rare now?

I don't know that it is officially rare, but I got back into collecting Amiibos about five months ago after dipping out a few months after launch. And since I started back I have not seen a single one at retail. So, at least for the last five months they have been rare to find at retail here in Nashville.

Marvie_3

Banned
I don't know that it is officially rare, but I got back into collecting Amiibos about five months ago after dipping out a few months after launch. And since I started back I have not seen a single one at retail. So, at least for the last five months they have been rare to find at retail here in Nashville.
Silver Mario is one of the only amiibos I havent seen anywhere lately. Seems like its one of the few that hasnt gotten a reprint.

Dug

Banned
Ryu and Kapp'n have shipped from Amazon, but Timmy & Tommy have not yet. It's out of stock on Amazon, weird since its the only one out of stock from this wave.

Thoraxes

So is Roy streetdated in GS systems? Usually they call me as they get em in with most of the pre-orders last year, outside of the Retor 3-pack that they stuck to the date on.

Either way, got all the AC amiibos, Ryu, and Famirob from Best buy tomorrow.

I may pick up an extra of each to take out of the boxes too.

Especially Ryu.

D-Man

I've had Ryu and ROB pre-ordered from Amazon since February and they still haven't been shipped even though it says that I should be getting them tomorrow by 8 PM. Should I start getting worried?

EDIT: nvm it seems that the order finally changed to Shipping Today. I wonder what took them so long.

Wow I totally forgot about Ryu and Roy. I just checked my email and they are both ready for pickup tomorrow. This kinda made my day. Thanks Gaf for the reminder!

GS just sent me a shipping email for Roy, estimated delivery date: Mar 24th

Way to be on top of things, Game stop. Don't bother shipping things out early so they arrive at peoples houses on release day like Amazon does, people might start to not hate you as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom