• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

Any chance we get any other amiibo reprinted? I'm still looking for wii fit trainer, rosalina, the kirby line, and pit. Also, I recently decided I want the full mario smash set, but only the mario party line is available in stores. They all used to be incredibly common but now they're impossible to find on store shelves (specifically, mario, luigi, bowser, wario, DK, diddy).

shanafan

Any chance we get any other amiibo reprinted? I'm still looking for wii fit trainer, rosalina, the kirby line, and pit. Also, I recently decided I want the full mario smash set, but only the mario party line is available in stores. They all used to be incredibly common but now they're impossible to find on store shelves (specifically, mario, luigi, bowser, wario, DK, diddy).

Most of those, if not all, can be bought on Amazon for less than $20 if you don't care about the region.

GS just sent me a shipping email for Roy, estimated delivery date: Mar 24th

Way to be on top of things, Game stop. Don't bother shipping things out early so they arrive at peoples houses on release day like Amazon does, people might start to not hate you as much.

The estimated arrival is on the purchase screen before you agree to the order. 3-5 days from release date.

Most of those, if not all, can be bought on Amazon for less than $20 if you don't care about the region.

The estimated arrival is on the purchase screen before you agree to the order. 3-5 days from release date.
That's still stupid. Amazon ships pre order items early so you have them on release day, even if you aren't a prime member. No reason Gamestop can't do it too

bumpkin

Oh yeah Roy comes out tomorrow.
Glad I already paid him off, I forgot the date. :p
Same.

I got my shipping confirmations yesterday for Kapp'n, the Nooklings, Ryu and Rover. Now I just have to figure out where the hell to put 'em. So many amiibo, so little shelf space!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I ... I don't think I preordered Roy. I know I preordered Ryu on Best Buy's website with free shipping to my house, which Best Buy reports already shipped, but I don't remember doing anything for Roy.

Upon checking Diggeh's Most Excellent OP, I see he's a GameStop exclusive ... welp! Guess I'll just YOLO it and walk into a GameStop tomorrow hoping to buy one off the shelf. I'm sure it'll work out great for me.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I ... I don't think I preordered Roy. I know I preordered Ryu on Best Buy's website with free shipping to my house, which Best Buy reports already shipped, but I don't remember doing anything for Roy.

Upon checking Diggeh's Most Excellent OP, I see he's a GameStop exclusive ... welp! Guess I'll just YOLO it and walk into a GameStop tomorrow hoping to buy one off the shelf. I'm sure it'll work out great for me.

make a stop at GameStop

Velcro Fly

i bought pokemon platinum from amazon warehouse deals like last week and they waited to ship it until today to combine it with the tons of series 3 card packs i ordered

the good news is all will be here on saturday!

the only one I really want is Roy though and GameStop shipping is probably slow

I knew I shouldn't have, having little money right now and all, but I went ahead and bought a Lottie and Jigglypuff from Target today. Went to get a birthday gift and walked out with something for myself too. I have no willpower.

Nooklings, Kapp'n, & Rover on their merry way from Amazon, should be here tomorrow. Glad I preordered them ASAP, as Nintendo may have done a smaller initial print run? (Based on the massive overstock and drastic price drops of the first two AC sets.)

Now all I "need" is Summer Isabelle.

Gave up on cards about halfway through NA Series 2, they're too damn exhausting to trade for, because agoraphobia + Post Office was starting to really get under my skin.

The smaller human is really hype for the 4 new Kirby series amiibo attached to Planet Robobot, so I'll have to keep my eyes out for those.

Thoraxes

Can't wait to pick up what, 6? amiibos today.

Hell yeah.

On Sunday imma head to Target for their B2G1 free to snatch up a double of Ryu if I can help it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ryu & FamiROB are arriving today with Pokken (& I hope "today" doesn't mean "around 8 p.m.") then picking up Roy sometime after I wake up.

I REALLY need to do some more reorganizing, because my main shelf can't hold any more amiibo, & I'm barely gonna be able to put Roy next to Ike & Marth. Ryu's going in the middle of Mario & the 3rd party crew (or put Mario in the center, then Ryu in a corner), then FamiROB will....I guess go on my Wii U with my other misc. amiibo like Splatoon & Chibi-Robo.

Zalman

Got my stuff.

U0KZCXM.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kind of wanna see for myself, but I'm guessing I'll hear if Ryu, Roy, & FamiROB will unlock more Mario Maker levels after I wake up.

creid

Anyone else having trouble ordering series 3 AC amiibo cards from Amazon? I can add one to my cart but during checkout it says:

"We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable."

And they change my purchase quantity to 0. If it's sold out I would think they would just tell me it's sold out.
I'm sure no one cares, but I figured it out and it may be helpful for future amiibo shoppers. I actually already preordered one of these 2 months ago and forgot about it, so it kept adjusting the quantity to 0 because there's a limit of 1 per customer.

They have come a long way with quality control. Roy looks so good and has a ton of details. Went through a box of them at gamestop and all of them looked great. Makes the older amiibo look like knock offs in comparison.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
thHXSBW.gif

Sorry, had to do it!

I have learned my lesson. :)

Ryu is coming from Amazon. Picked up Roy and the AC Amiibo. Already imported Famicom Rob and pretty sure I already have Digby (somehow). I'll check again when I get home.

Got Timmy/Tommy and Ryu coming from Amazon today....and I apparently preordered Ryu from Walmart too because I got a surprise notification that he shipped from Walmart too. I'll probably just take him back and then end up getting Bowser from MP because he's the last one I need.

Roy is on his way from Gamestop but not til next Thursday apparently....

In other news I saw these really rare amiibo at Walmart. I bought them all up in the intent that I can trade them for boxes of Golden Marios only plsthnkx

Fu4Ardg.jpg

I don't even care about amiibo anymore and randomly saw the Nintendo World Store tweet that Roy and Ryu were available and felt compelled to go grab them

Skrams

Package was scuffed up, but Ryu and famiROB were fine inside from best buy. Need to head to gamestop later for Roy. I thought I heard Ryu looked bad a while ago, but he seems pretty good from what I'm looking at.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even care about amiibo anymore and randomly saw the Nintendo World Store tweet that Roy and Ryu were available and felt compelled to go grab them

Hey, if you care enough to post in my OT that's good enough for me!

FW3f4XR.gif

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think the next Amiibo thread title should be:

Amiibo Thread 4 | We finally got restocks

Both because Nintendo's finally restocked older Amiibos, and because Amiibo popularity has dwindled so much that the OTs should regress back to the skipped OT4.

P.S. Only about 1,500 posts to go!

picked up my roy and ryu from gamestop surprisingly they sold out of there extra roy and ryu this morning but they said they got a ton extra and this is a very busy gamestop so nothing toi worry about.

With today's releases, I now have every single Amiibo released EXCEPT Silver Mario - he was in stock during the innocent period of my life where I thought I was only going to buy the ones I liked, rather than all of them.And now I have over 90 Amiibo -_-

So if anyone has a spare Silver Mario they would be willing to part with for MSRP, let me know!

Got Ryu. Don't want any of the new DLC characters I don't think, so I'm officially done with amiibo
until the inevitable Pikmin line

Also, I realize I just bought a new amiibo, but there's no way to really make any money off of the old amiibo I regret purchasing, right? Especially if I took them out of the box?

shanafan

Got Ryu. Don't want any of the new DLC characters I don't think, so I'm officially done with amiibo
until the inevitable Pikmin line

Also, I realize I just bought a new amiibo, but there's no way to really make any money off of the old amiibo I regret purchasing, right? Especially if I took them out of the box?

I'm sure you can sell them on eBay, but most likely it will be loss for you. Might as well just keep them.

BUT, their value may increase further down the road like what most Nintendo products do. Wait and see.

diggler41

Ughh. Shouldn't have completed my set. Now anything that comes out I feel like I gotta grab. Weirdly got the last ROB and Rover at my store.

2ZkInzp.jpg

Picked up my Roy pre-order from GameStop and grabbed a pack of series 3 cards. Saw one Timmy & Tommy there but I passed, which I have a feeling may have been a bad idea.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
RYU DOESN'T WORK ON MARIO MAKER, UUUGGGHHHHH

NEITHER DOES ROY, UUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH

FamiROB gives you the exact same costume as regular ROB, #40.

Now I fear they won't work on Woolly World.

bigkrev

Best Buy didn't get my Ryu in (they got in 15 for 16 preorders), but gave me a 10 dollar giftcard and told me I would have one next week.
Gamestop had no issues with my Roy, and had roughly 1 billion of every new amiibo.

I think i'm done with preorders. Seems to be next to no issues getting them if you want them on launch day anymore

Hopefully the WAY better Amazon Packaging Job for this latest wave actually made it to some collectors. My three Animal Crossing guys showed up in a huge box, which was a little dented, but the packaging of the amiibo themselves was still perfectly intact.

Hawkeyes on Summer Isabelle and the Robobot line now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My GS had about 8 each of the Smash characters (though I didn't see ROB but I saw about 4 Ryus & 6 Roys behind the counter), though my Roy pre-order was underneath.

Also, I just had the thought of trying the Shadow Mewtwo card on Mario Maker & it doesn't work. Kind of surprised it doesn't unlock the Mewtwo costume.

Edit: GS no longer contacts you if you have a pre-order, they stopped that sometime last year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom