• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoshi1

Me and another dude were waiting for a Gamestop in a mall to open, as it was an hour after they're supposed to, and I got Ryu and Roy, no hassle.

There were a ton of people there earlier, but they all left one by one, all there for amiibos. I guess they went to TRU or Best Buy, since those are nearby.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just counted, there's 30 special titles you unlock via scanning amiibo in Pokken.

Only 5 can be scanned per day, & my first unlocks were 2 titles, a background, & 2 avatar customization things.

5915_10209115799281773_5950068881111863558_n.jpg
Starting my Spring Break just right!

SPRING BREAK WOOOOOOOOOOO
*takes off shirt*

Kanhir

Ryu/Roy have me re-finishing the Smash series. I wonder if they're doing amiibos for the last three DLCs?

I'm not bothering with the AC series because I never got into the game. Jury's out on whether I'll bother with Kirby, since it's never been my favourite series either.

ChrisD

Was on the fence, but seeing pictures I'm not really feeling Ryu. Will just be sticking with Roy.

Really like his green box!

Wasn't able to get a ride today, and the car was being used, will have to pick up tomorrow </3

I picked up FamiROB, Roy, Ryu and the Nooklings today.

I am missing 12 from a current, complete US NiB collection:

Mega Yarn Yoshi (Sunday 3/20)

Mii Fighter 3-Pack (Sunday if on sale)

Isabelle (Winter)
Digby
Kapp'n
Rover

Gold Megaman

Turbo Charge Donkey Kong
Dark Hammer Slam Bowser
Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong

I have 83 in the box and duplicates of 29 unboxed. I am both proud and ashamed.

Hopefully the WAY better Amazon Packaging Job for this latest wave actually made it to some collectors. My three Animal Crossing guys showed up in a huge box, which was a little dented, but the packaging of the amiibo themselves was still perfectly intact.

I was worried when I saw Amazon combined my two separate orders for Timmy/Tommy and it arrived in one box but they were gently facing each other and supported with air packs. A win for Amazon and a win for NiB collectors! :)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up Roy and Ryu along with Pokken today! Been playing as my man Machamp for hours can't stop someone help it's too fun

RomanceDawn

Man those Animal Crossing Amiibos are beautiful! If I had love for series like I do Smash I would be so broke.

If we end up with an Arwing, Land Master and DK Country franchise amiibos I will be jumping for joy.

I just bought a $300 Robotnik statue in the Sonic line. I already know when I start buying the Mario line and the inevitable DK line I'll be displaying them all together with their series specific amiibos.

All I need now is a big enough house to display them all in.

Thoraxes

Man those Animal Crossing Amiibos are beautiful! If I had love for series like I do Smash I would be so broke.

If we end up with an Arwing, Land Master and DK Country franchise amiibos I will be jumping for joy.

I just bought a $300 Robotnik statue in the Sonic line. I already know when I start buying the Mario line and the inevitable DK line I'll be displaying them all together with their series specific amiibos.

All I need now is a big enough house to display them all in.

Dooo it, doooooo it, doooooooooo it. All amiibos are B1G1 50% off starting this Sunday at Target.

PEER PRESSURE

DO IT

2016-03-1819.21.37hmrsc.jpg

Blues1990

I'm going to pick up the next group of Animal Crossing Amiibo this weekend, what with my paycheck coming in on Friday. (Yeah, I know everyone hates them. So what? Everyone is adorableness in the palm of your hand.)

Yay!

bigkrev

Have any of the Animal Crossing Amiibos not had a massive sale price yet? I got my Tom Nook for under $5, and it seems like every week there is another one getting super discounted somewhere

Just happened to walk into a Gamestop today for the heck of it and saw that Roy, ROB, and Ryu came out. Also picked up an extra Ike they had. So now I only need Lucina and Robin and I'm probably (not) done forever.

BorntoPlay

I have a Ryu preorder from Amazon.com for $10,77 (tax include), i can accept paypal gift...

i will send you directly from Amazon to your address, PM if you are interested..

Skrams

Picked up Roy from gamestop. I should of probably looked at their shelf just in case, but forgot. I'm not sure if they had a lot or had many preorders since it looked like mine was the only one locked up when I caught a quick glimpse.

I guess this means I can rest a while on amiibo until June or whenever the second/third wave of AC amiibo hit dirt cheap enough for me.

Any name ideas for the Roy amiibo? I can't think of any.

Could name him after the Lonely Roy miiverse comic series.

I'm not sure we'll see AC wave 3 tank in price like the previous waves. As far as I can tell they got waaay smaller shipments this time around. My GameStop had like 16 each of Ryu and Roy when I got there, maybe more, and only a single Timmy & Tommy and 2-3 each of Rover and Kapp'n. And Amazon hasn't had Timmy & Tommy in stock at MSRP in quite a while.

Anyone not get their Amazon orders? I have Ryu preordered from Amazon. He shipped Wendesday. I have Prime release day shipping, my order never showed up.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up my new Miibos... but someone at the store sold my Timmy/Tommy and my friends working there weren't happy :/ They're getting one sent from another store, but as long as I get it eventually it's fine.

Also got my replacement Bowser Skylander in from Amazon. GOOD HIS MOUTH FITS IN HIS HEAD THIS TIME!

Ha, I'll have to do this too.

My parents decided to get me Famicom R.O.B. and Ryu today. That was cool of them. Although I have no room for these anymore. Basically putting them away until I move and find something to do with them.
I'm having space issues too haha. Though I'm running low on space for everything and who knows when the fuck I'll manage to move out. Gotta get some cheap shelves or something.

I'm having space issues too haha. Though I'm running low on space for everything and who knows when the fuck I'll manage to move out. Gotta get some cheap shelves or something.
Yeah. I've thought about getting some cheap shelves but my room is so small that I wouldn't even know where to put those, lol.

Boogiepop

Ugh. I already decided to not go all in on series 3 and 4 of the amiibo cards. Said "eh, I'll pick up a few packs and then grab whichever ones I'm missing that I really want off ebay". I checked online for my Best Buys, which said they all had them in stock. Went to the closest one, they said they "sold out of them yesterday, but (further Best Buy X) has them". I went to that other Best Buy, they went to "look in the back" which took 20-30 minutes... couldn't find anything but series 1 even though their system said they had them. Finally said screw it, went to the nearest Gamestop and bought 5 packs for retail price. Got home... I paid for 5, but there were 4 in the bag. That's gonna be hard as hell to prove AND the Gamestop is like a 30 minute drive because of the shenanigans, so I may be screwed an extra $6 on top of all that crap.

Man this is hella lame. :(

Any hype for MYY tomorrow? Is that still a thing? Hoping I'll finally have a 100% complete collection in about 13 hours!

I'm pretty excited. Was super bummed when I missed it initially (turned off my alarm in my sleep) and then again when it sold out on Amazon.co.jp when they started accepting imports. Just hoping that it won't be too bad. Usually restocks aren't, nor are releases now-a-days, but I can't be certain. I was surprised MYY sold out in nationwide pretty much instantly at that price point, especially since it's one of 6 Yoshi amiibo.

I'm pretty excited. Was super bummed when I missed it initially (turned off my alarm in my sleep) and then again when it sold out on Amazon.co.jp when they started accepting imports. Just hoping that it won't be too bad. Usually restocks aren't, nor are releases now-a-days, but I can't be certain. I was surprised MYY sold out in nationwide pretty much instantly at that price point, especially since it's one of 6 Yoshi amiibo.

I didn't oversleep or anything, but I was very nonchalant about getting it. It came out right around the time where amiibo stock was getting much better, so I thought I'd be able to go in that day. I went to two different TRU. First one about 20 minutes after they had opened. By the time I got to the second one, they had been open for over an hour and they were long gone. I'm probably going to take the same approach tomorrow. Hopefully will be safe!

You know what I didn't expect to see blowing down the street as I took a walk today? The cardboard back to a Mabel amiibo.

How weird. Not something you'd ever think you'd see as litter.

Guess I'm not the only amiibo fan on the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom