• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
forget those amiibos

when is Bayonetta x Cloud going out
smh watch those be limited

Well, the first 3 3rd Party Amiibos were relatively well-stocked, despite coming out during "the dark times." And at the very least, they know Cloud's going to sell gangbusters; I'm not really worried about those 2.

... Which is good, because I'm hopping back into the game for Bayo.

PtM

Banned
what-no-the-happening-o.gif

i8A09zL.jpg

Has there been an word on what happens to the card line after AC4? Four sets for that series seems a bit much but I do like the idea and hope it's carried forward. Seems like Pokemon would be a good candidate.

I can't remember if I posted it here or not, but Pokemon is the perfect candidate for a new Amiibo Card series. In fact, I'm kind of shocked there's not one already/one for Pokken.

They could either 1) make an entire line, 700+ Pokemon, or do parts or 2) use the existing Pokemon TCG series and add amiibo chips to them. They retail already for around the same price and about the same amount of cards as well.

A Pokemon series would hopefully allow the use of more Pokemon to be in the spotlight like my bby Rotom, although knowing Pokemon we'd likely get every single Charizard and Mewtwo they've got.

There SHOULD have been one for Pokken, and it would make sense considering the card. One for each Pokemon, maybe not in blind packs and you can then take that data to your friend's house or to the arcade (if we ever get those Pokken Arcade Machines)
But I think we're passed that point already unfortunately.
It's clear to me some sort of design went into the card that would be a "standard" for each character; the backs is fine, and on the front there's a "swoop" with the orange going into the game's blue, red and green colors. The Shadow Mewtwo card itself is "corrupting" it with his like...ice(?) thingies covering it, which would make sense as it's a "special" card.

In the future honestly I would adore having amiibo cards that granted event Pokemon. Instead of a code card, you'd get an amiibo card with the Pokemon on the front, maybe some details or something or whatever, and then you can scan it in and get that Pokemon. And then, you'd be able to get them on your friend's game and so on and so on.

EDIT: Here's my shameless Victini mockup
2VevXRo.png

InkoMint

Neo Member
We nabbed Summer Isabelle and all of the new Kirby line sans MK. We figured we'd never see a smash DDD again, and even though we have original Kirby, this one was too cute to pass up!

Kirby was also unable to be picked up in store for us and we purchased when the line alert went off (give or take 5 to 10 minutes so I could find my gift card!)

Anime

Neo Member
Managed to get Famicom R.O.B. and Ryu at target with buy one get 50% off deal.

Post hype amiibo collecting is pretty sweet.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Got my TimmyTommy figure today, and now good until June! Ahhhhh.... Nice :) The Skylanders were definitely the biggest pain in the butt (and I hope someone buys my sets!)

Speaking of the new June set, I also heard something about Smash Meta Knight no longer being a Best Buy exclusive?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Odd that Kirby is the only one I couldn't do ship to store. Guess it's what I get for being hours behind.

It wouldn't let me do it, either, and I was trying to do it early yesterday afternoon. Got on Best Buy chat and they told me to call my home store to have them do it. Called my store, they said they couldn't select their own store for shipping. Got back on Best Buy chat and they told me to call the 1-888 customer support line.

At that point, I was like "fuck it, I'll just walk into Best Buy on release day and YOLO it."

Got Summer Is' and all but Kirby from the Kirby series. I'll just hope that one is sitting on the shelves on 6/10. You'd think Nintendo would print the most of that one. I'll check periodically for ship-to-store too.

ChrisD

Got my TimmyTommy figure today, and now good until June! Ahhhhh.... Nice :) The Skylanders were definitely the biggest pain in the butt (and I hope someone buys my sets!)

Speaking of the new June set, I also heard something about Smash Meta Knight no longer being a Best Buy exclusive?

I've seen lots of Meta Knights at our Gamestop

ChrisD

Yooooo secret restock?

Fuck, calling my gamestop tonight then.

I don't want to get hopes up/crushed but I'm fairly certain I've seen a number of them. I know for sure they've had lots of Lucario, Jigglypuff, Dr Mario (lolTarget must have shipped them over), Lottie and Dark Pit. All of which were exclusives, so it leaves me feeling like I have seen MK. Because I specifically recall noticing there was no Rosalina in this great exclusive-endening.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Reminder that this Friday, buying any amiibo from Amazon, Best Buy, or GS will give you that free Mini Mario Amiibo Challenge Game.

.....now if we could get a restock so I could buy Wario, Toon Link, Robin, &/or Lucina.

mr_chun

Villager prices on Amazon hit a low that I could stomach, so I finally snagged the guy that I've wanted since day one.

I do have a question about him though -- is the quality notably pretty spotty for this amiibo? I got what I believe is the "refresh" with the receding hairline and close-set eyes. His paintjob is pretty poor; the socks are messy and his shirt has an almost textured feel to it because of the paint.

He still looks fine from a distance, but he's definitely my worst amiibo after Zero Suit Samus.

PtM

Banned
Reminder that this Friday, buying any amiibo from Amazon, Best Buy, or GS will give you that free Mini Mario Amiibo Challenge Game.

.....now if we could get a restock so I could buy Wario, Toon Link, Robin, &/or Lucina.
What about Europe?

Skrams

I don't want to get hopes up/crushed but I'm fairly certain I've seen a number of them. I know for sure they've had lots of Lucario, Jigglypuff, Dr Mario (lolTarget must have shipped them over), Lottie and Dark Pit. All of which were exclusives, so it leaves me feeling like I have seen MK. Because I specifically recall noticing there was no Rosalina in this great exclusive-endening.

I called my local gamestop and nuthin. They happened to mention they have a fuckton of Ness though. I'll definitely be going on friday for an amiibo challenge code.
I see people mention there's always a lot of Ness, but last time I went to a gamestop I didn't see any so eh. Maybe they're just all in the back or something.
Villager prices on Amazon hit a low that I could stomach, so I finally snagged the guy that I've wanted since day one.

I do have a question about him though -- is the quality notably pretty spotty for this amiibo? I got what I believe is the "refresh" with the receding hairline and close-set eyes. His paintjob is pretty poor; the socks are messy and his shirt has an almost textured feel to it because of the paint.

He still looks fine from a distance, but he's definitely my worst amiibo after Zero Suit Samus.
I think his paint job is pretty fine and simple for him. My socks for him seem fine although his shoes seem a lil shit. Shirt is fine too.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Thanks for the reminder! I forgot about that! Cool. This Friday may be the day I finally buy one of the cuter Animal Crossing Amiibos...

ChrisD

Wait, what?

I'm saying that too. Isn't MetaKnight BB exclusive?

Maybe they're in Canada?

I could have sworn I did but it's sounding more like a faulty memory seeing all the confusion and the negative phone call..
They may have been a pre-owned or something? I stopped following the amiibo scene a while back so I don't pay close mind to things most would know are out of the ordinary.

Sorry if I got any hopes up if it's (likely) not the case. :(

It wouldn't let me do it, either, and I was trying to do it early yesterday afternoon. Got on Best Buy chat and they told me to call my home store to have them do it. Called my store, they said they couldn't select their own store for shipping. Got back on Best Buy chat and they told me to call the 1-888 customer support line.

At that point, I was like "fuck it, I'll just walk into Best Buy on release day and YOLO it."

Sometimes it does take longer for them to set up the ship to store options. I just put it on the same order as the rest, and got free shipping because the order total was over the free shipping threshold even if that was the only thing being shipped. If ship to store goes up on it I can switch it to that in order details. If not and it comes busted, bestbuy lets you return orders to the store that you bought on line so I'm not sweating it.

KingBroly

Banned
Well if MK was at Gamestop, it'd mean that it's no longer exclusive AND it got a restock, neither of which were known.

Rosalina, Robin, Dedede, Lucina, Wario, Ness, Pit, MK and Kirby never really got proper restocks. So they're pretty rare in NA, at least.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Well if MK was at Gamestop, it'd mean that it's no longer exclusive AND it got a restock, neither of which were known.

Rosalina, Robin, Dedede, Lucina, Wario, Ness, Pit, MK and Kirby never really got proper restocks. So they're pretty rare in NA, at least.

Kirby never got a restock? Weren't they available for, like, an entire year? Was the initial shipment of them just that huge?

I thought that Rosalina got a small restock. Maybe Ness? The others definitely haven't, though.

KingBroly

Banned
Kirby never got a restock? Weren't they available for, like, an entire year? Was the initial shipment of them just that huge?

I thought that Rosalina got a small restock. Maybe Ness? The others definitely haven't, though.

Yeah, Kirby was available for a LONG time. But he's getting second version, along with Dedede and MK at least.

Robin, Lucina, Rosalina, Wario, Pit and Ness never really got properly restocked. Maybe 1-2 per store here and there, but it was hit and miss. Palutena never got restocked at Amazon, either.

Now assuming Smash NX comes this fall, I imagine those will get a big holiday restock.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So is there not a special binder for the series 3 cards?

In Europe there is. Mine actually just came in today :) I really like the binder design, even if the pages are punched to the one side. As for a domestic album, did Hori even make a second one? I figured something like that would happen, and stuck to the European ones.

In Europe there is. Mine actually just came in today :) I really like the binder design, even if the pages are punched to the one side. As for a domestic album, did Hori even make a second one? I figured something like that would happen, and stuck to the European ones.

Weird, no one's selling it on Amazon.com for some reason, even though both the previous books went up through 3rd party sellers before release.

Man, that $15+ shipping from Amazon.co.uk though. :\ But I guess it works out the same either way, since Amazon.com sells the other 2 for like $25.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Weird, no one's selling it on Amazon.com for some reason, even though both the previous books went up through 3rd party sellers before release.

Man, that $15+ shipping from Amazon.co.uk though. :\ But I guess it works out the same either way, since Amazon.com sells the other 2 for like $25.

Yeah I bought the first one for like $25-27ish off UK. The second I got of Amazon.fr for around $17 (Euros being a bit cheaper, of course). I didn't' see this one listed on there when I pre-ordered, so I just went back to UK to get it. Yeah it's pretty much the same price as the 3rd parties on .com. Came in SO fast from UK though since it just shipped like 2 days ago!

georly

I need all of those ;_; (And mario/luigi/bowser/dk/diddy/wft).

If they're not in stores soon i'll just bite the bullet and order jp versions online (already have US verison sealed, but I wanna complete my opened collection).

I'm basically trying to complete 3 full sets. One open, one sealed, one for my ex's kid (he's just missing robin/lucina but has the rest). Thats... 58 x 3 x 12.99~ = ~$2,260

Skrams

So just so I don't have an awkward conversation about the amiibo challenge code with a gamestop employee, does anyone know how the code is given out exactly? I'd like to just go in and buy a Ness and for it to know to spit my code out onto my receipt, but I'm not sure if I'll be that lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom