• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirod

I know Diggeh likes posts in his OT
Hold on to that OT8 dream you crazy diamond
so I figured I'd make a post while camping for MYY. Showed up around 9 AM and was fourth in line. Had a few more peeps show up after me. People in front were telling me there's 24 at this location, so hopefully this is a wrap!

Any other west coasters camping out right now? Or did others already past 10 have anything to share?

Finally got Mega Yarn Yoshi!!!

I got there just as the store opened. There were five or six people in line. I walked in and saw that they all had a MYY. I went over to the section and they were gone!

I asked an employee how many they got and he had no idea. I asked if they got more than six and another employee overheard and said they still had more behind the counter. Then he handed me one!

Rizific

I'm out of town at the moment but was able to make it to a tru. About 6 or so people waiting, was able to get one. Now just whatever dlc is left for smash and I'm done with amiibo

Meant to post earlier but I've been busy.
25819751932_6f60cc7a96_c.jpg

My collection's finally made it to the triple digits, 101!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Meant to post earlier but I've been busy.

My collection's finally made it to the triple digits, 101!

I love this display :) And yes of course vehicles go to the bottom :p

I finally ordered a copy of Skylanders Dark Version for Wii. Price really won't come down, and the Amazon sellers were running out :/ Hopefully I can Craigslist the rest of it for a good amount. After that (and receiving my TimmyTommy...) collection complete! ...until the last DLC batch and Kirby set. Feels good :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've toyed with the idea of opening up the Mega Yarn Yoshi & putting one of those sound things in from another plush so it says "YOSHI!" when you squeeze it. I don't know how hard that would be, but I figured that would be a neat idea as a personalized gift.

I finally ordered a copy of Skylanders Dark Version for Wii. Price really won't come down, and the Amazon sellers were running out :/

That was definitely my most expensive amiibo-related purchase. The cheapest I saw them were $75 at Toys R Us. I was able to get the Wii U Dark Edition for $18 though so I didn't mind eating the $75 to complete my collection after that.

Where did you get that stand/holder for your amiibo? It looks nice.

I got it from Best Buy. It's sale for $40 right now but it's been cheaper. (I got mine for $30)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That was definitely my most expensive amiibo-related purchase. The cheapest I saw them were $75 at Toys R Us. I was able to get the Wii U Dark Edition for $18 though so I didn't mind eating the $75 to complete my collection after that.

I got my WiiU version for $30, which I justified because well, the double packs are already $25 (got mine for $20 each thanks to Prime pre-order 20% off) and hopefully I'll sell it for close to cost. Dunno how much Skylanders is in demand anymore, though. The Wii set I got at $52 on Amazon, no tax. TRU still sells them for like $100 ouch. Hopefully I can make some of it back, but yeah. At least I finally got it :p

ChrisD

Daaaang Roy looks amazing. I say it for every new (complex, not simple character) amiibo, but this is one of the best looking. The paint job and details are super clean.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Story time:

So I called Toys r Us to check on MYY stock. An employee answered and told me he would check and put me on hold for close to five minutes. When he came back on the line, he seemed surprised that I was still waiting and proceeded to tell me that they had two MYYs in the back, but wasn't sure if they are pre-sold or not. He then advised to me to call back in two hours and he will have an answer from his manager. It was 5:50 PM, and the store closed at 8:00 PM. Once I brought this to his attention, he said call back in thirty minutes and he will have an answer. I said okay and admittedly jumped into the car, arriving at Toys R Us around 7 minutes after the call had ended. When I reached the electronics, I approached the first employee I saw and it turns out to be the same guy I talked to on the phone. He nervously laughed and told me that I got here super quick, which I replied to with a smile and a simple "can I buy one of the MYYs you mentioned please?". He tells me to wait here, he had to check on something first. So I waited for five minutes while he talked to some other employee at a far enough distance away to where I couldn't hear the content of their conversation. He then walks past me and slides behind the counter, not saying a thing, and pulls out a horizontally-laid MYY from the back of the top shelve, obscured by a mountain of villager Amiibos convientally placed towards the front. He rings me up and hands me the bag. I say thanks and he just nods.

I felt like a bandit walking off with my MYY, but it was well worth the trouble!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'll never find that World of Nintendo 6' Metroid figure ;_;

I was super lucky on that. I heard about how rare it was and found one randomly in a TRU on the not so good part of town, while randomly browsing. It's pretty awesome. Hope you can get out at MSRP because ouch at those eBay scalp prices!

Daaaang Roy looks amazing. I say it for every new (complex, not simple character) amiibo, but this is one of the best looking. The paint job and details are super clean.

Yeah they really stepped up their game recently. Wish that kind of quality was there from the start.

Was hoping to pick up 2 during Targets BOGO 50% off, but man the selection online is bad. Don't even have Mario from the Super Mario line? Really? My in-store selection is awful as well.

Bummer.

Got my Ryu amiibo yesterday, and now to patiently wait for Gamestop to send my Roy amiibo in the mail next week......

*foot tapping intensifies*

What's the word on Wolf Link releasing separately in NA? Would really like to get my hands on one, but will be buying Twilight Princess digitally.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Been a good few days of amiibo collecting.
On Friday I attended C2E2 and managed to get Pit (about time), Lucina, Golden Mega Man (without the game but I don't need the game) TC Donkey Kong and HS Bowser.
On Saturday I picked up Ryu and Rover. I wanted to get ROB Famicom but they were out. So I bought it on Amazon. It came today.
Roy should come in tomorrow.

Still need Robin, the Mii Fighters, the Dark Skylanders (hoo boy) and quite a few Animal Crossing amiibo (I'll take advantage of the Target special this week).

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
What's the word on Wolf Link releasing separately in NA? Would really like to get my hands on one, but will be buying Twilight Princess digitally.

There is no word; please understand, and enjoy your experience shopping at Family Video, where Twilight Princess bundles will be taken apart to sell the game and Amiibo separately.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's actually true. My friend texted me that for $20, he was able to buy the amiibo from Family Video the Monday after the game's release. A bit of a price jump, but still neat my friend, a big Zelda fan, was able to get it.

After picking up the Mii Fighters for 40% off with the purchase of Mega Yarn Yoshi, I am now the owner of 87 different amiibo.

I am still 9 away from a complete US collection but I can wait for fire sales.

Isabelle (Winter), Digby, Lottie, Kapp'n, Rover

Gold Megaman

Turbo Charge Donkey Kong
Dark Hammer Slam Bowser
Dark Turbo Charge Donkey Kong

And I'm starting to get that feeling again that I want to open them all. Yes, the packaging is nice and I've come so far for a mint collection, but the older I get, the more I realize they're worth just as much to me out-of-box. I'm getting a little tired of buying two of everything. Two amiibo, two copies of a CE game, two of an LE system... And for what? They're nice to look at and know you own, but they just get stuffed in boxes in the back of the closet. They don't enrich my life in any way. I guess I'm just pondering my mortality at 29.

Three packs into Series 3 and I already have 3 duplicate cards (1 in my second, 2 in my third). Damn, series 1 I didn't get any duplicates until my 5th pack.

G0523

Went to my Target yesterday and today and both times they didn't have any of the new amiibo that came out on Friday. So I asked an employee today if they had any in stock of the Timmy & Tommy one (it said there were 13 online) and he went back and got one. I grabbed another random amiibo as well for the sale they're having but it's pretty ridiculous that they still haven't even put out new stock from Friday. I'll grab the other two Animal Crossing amiibo when they inevitably go on sale though. But it was still pretty ridiculous!

Picked up Roy on Saturday, along with a Nathan Drake Pop figure from GameStop (had a preorder on PXZ2 that I forgot about and just rolled the money over for Drake).

I'm super-impressed with the detail and paint job on him - really clean and well detailed.

Bring on Cloud and Corrin. Oh and Bayo.

Tubtub

Neo Member

I got it from Best Buy. It's sale for $40 right now but it's been cheaper. (I got mine for $30)

Jet.com has the dark edition wii for $53 right now. If they have a new member discount even better. They ship directly from toys r us. I picked mine up around Christmas time for $50 after the new member discount and amex has an additional $15 back...so $35 after all discounts wasn't bad.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Probably should say I got the Ryu one a couple of days ago, and I think it's the best looking one so far. Pretty hyped for the Bayonetta one, too.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I need Pokkenmiibo. I need my Machamp.

Bane

Has there been an word on what happens to the card line after AC4? Four sets for that series seems a bit much but I do like the idea and hope it's carried forward. Seems like Pokemon would be a good candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom