• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went around today with a friend to look for amiibo and he ended up getting a Smash Peach (they're starting to get rare here) at Walmart and then I found a Lucario at GameStop, which my friend also bought. I was able to use the 3DS code he got for that Mini Mario amiibo game so I was pretty happy.

The stock in my town sucks so I was surprised to find what we did.

I'm liking this King Dedememe

6c1.jpg

Redeemed the amiibo challenge on my 3ds but how do I get it on my Wii u? Entering the code says it was already redeemed and can't find it in download management or anything like that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There should've been two codes, one for 3DS & the other for Wii U, from what I understand.

Or maybe it's one code & you can use it on either one, but not both??

Can someone clarify the functionality of mega yarn yoshi? Does it contain the same chip as the regular yarn yoshi amiibo? I have the 3 small ones but I want to know if it's really worth going out of my way for the mega yoshi. Does he unlock different things in other games?

mega yarn yoshi is just a huge dawwwwwww plush, its the same as regular size yarn yoshi but not HUGE

that being said, I see them flooded at my toys r us, time to wait for clearance >:)
also saw lots of ryus, robs and etc

Amiibos are ________

fill in the blank :p

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone clarify the functionality of mega yarn yoshi? Does it contain the same chip as the regular yarn yoshi amiibo? I have the 3 small ones but I want to know if it's really worth going out of my way for the mega yoshi. Does he unlock different things in other games?

He basically functions as a regular Yarn Yoshi, only larger and more adorable. What else is there to say? You need him. You need ten. Hug them all!

He also unlocks a different larger costume in Super Mario Maker. All the Yarn Yoshis have their own SMM costume.

Amiibo are the best

glad you agree frisky you swell guy you

PtM

Banned

He basically functions as a regular Yarn Yoshi, only larger and more adorable. What else is there to say? You need him. You need ten. Hug them all!

He also unlocks a different larger costume in Super Mario Maker. All the Yarn Yoshis have their own SMM costume.
There's your answer. :)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
mega yarn yoshi is just a huge dawwwwwww plush, its the same as regular size yarn yoshi but not HUGE

that being said, I see them flooded at my toys r us, time to wait for clearance >:)
also saw lots of ryus, robs and etc

Amiibos are a mistake, they're nothing but trash

fill in the blank :p

filled

Looks like Best Buy has a deal where you if you preorder and purchase Star Fox Zero, you can get Falco for $4.99

but I already preordered SFZ nine months ago to get the Super Mario Maker pin set, and I already have Falco. this deal sucks, BB

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just got the Wolf Link amiibo from the TPHD SE (EU Version.). Wow, the background of the amiibo box is shiny gold and shimmers in the light. I kinda feel bad opening it -____-

Velcro Fly

Seems like the Kirby line is going to be well stocked also since they are all still up at Best Buy. The game is finally up there too. Might consider cancelling my existing order and redoing with the game included. Going to feel so good the week after I get out of work for the summer having a brand new game and those good looking amiibo.

Bane

So I got an amiibo from amazon Sunday to get the mario mini game but have yet to receive an email with the code. Is there something I'm missing? I thought it should take up to 2 days to get it.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So I got an amiibo from amazon Sunday to get the mario mini game but have yet to receive an email with the code. Is there something I'm missing? I thought it should take up to 2 days to get it.

You should probably contact support.

Are the Timmy and Tommy Amiibo actually rare?

Did Nintendo have enough time to not produce a lot or are they withholding them purposefully?

I see one at Best Buy right now should I get it?

I was planning just to price match the 4 second wave figures.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, we should have a Miitomo group.

Amiitomo?

Miitomo is awesome! Most of us here are already using it. Add me on Twitter and I'll get back to you! Prepare for some fun times.

I'm about to drop the hottest J-Pop album of 2016
f7IVftM.png

HELP
dAMhF3j.jpg

I love Miitomo.

Are the Timmy and Tommy Amiibo actually rare?

Did Nintendo have enough time to not produce a lot or are they withholding them purposefully?

I see one at Best Buy right now should I get it?

I was planning just to price match the 4 second wave figures.

Most new amiibo releases aren't rare anymore, but I haven't really seen Timmy and Tommy around very much. I'd say go for it.

I just bought the AC 3-pack for $15 on Amazon yesterday at 5:49 am and they sent me two code emails this morning at 4:11 when my order shipped.

Now to wait for it to get here and trade Reese and Cyrus to GameStop for $8 cash back.

Skrams

You would think Dan would of already bought one of the world of Nintendo amiibo sized Waluigi and just glued it to an amiibo stand or something.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm hearing that Target for some reason has codes for Mini Mario Amiibo Challenge, & at one place, they just had codes you could grab for free without even needing to buy an amiibo. I plan on checking later today, but wonder if anyone else has heard of this.

georly

I'm hearing that Target for some reason has codes for Mini Mario Amiibo Challenge, & at one place, they just had codes you could grab for free without even needing to buy an amiibo. I plan on checking later today, but wonder if anyone else has heard of this.

Oh, I saw those on the shelf. I thought they were just an ad for it. Weird.

I also thought that game was just free?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I saw those on the shelf. I thought they were just an ad for it. Weird.

I also thought that game was just free?

It's early access since it's not out yet. I actually got handed some this week for both 3DS and WiiU (3 each). Anyone want it? NA, of course. (Can send later since I will be out today, so won't be able to reply for a while).

Skrams

It's early access since it's not out yet. I actually got handed some this week for both 3DS and WiiU (3 each). Anyone want it? NA, of course. (Can send later since I will be out today, so won't be able to reply for a while).

I'll take a 3DS one if you don't mind.

Also anyone that's played it know if it's just tap and the levels are unlocked forever? Or is it tap each time you want to play the levels. Would be kind of annoying since I'd like to play a few levels while on the bus or toilet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think you need to retap the amiibo to access the levels again, which is why I now would prefer the Wii U version.

....which, if you still have one & my Target doesn't have them, I wouldn't mind one please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom