• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Checked my Target, yup, they had a ton just hanging there along with the amiibo.

I have a spare code for each system. Quote which one you want & I'll PM you.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So yeah, I'd recommend this on Wii U because you don't just unlock the character, you have to actually re-tap the amiibo to switch to a different mini-character. This means if you have all 10 characters like me, it means constantly getting up & grabbing 3 different characters (2 for tokens to grab in the "main" levels to unlock more levels in the bonus world, then the 3rd for their specific stages) at a time.

The game itself, as a freebie, is honestly decent, especially since I was never a fan of Mario Vs. DK after it decided to focus on the minis & go for a more lemmings style gameplay (though that 3DS puzzle game was alright).

I would appreciate a WiiU code if you still have one :)
PM sent.

I still have 2 3DS codes. I also have one more sheet, but I'm checking to see if any offline friends want it, & I might give them away in another thread to be fair.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Oh, I saw those on the shelf. I thought they were just an ad for it. Weird.

I also thought that game was just free?

Best Buy has it in its system as a $5 game unless you buy an Amiibo. And even then, when I bought an Amiibo, the system still tried to charge me an extra $5 for the codes. I had to say something about it to get the employee to take that charge off.

TheGrue

I'm hearing that Target for some reason has codes for Mini Mario Amiibo Challenge, & at one place, they just had codes you could grab for free without even needing to buy an amiibo. I plan on checking later today, but wonder if anyone else has heard of this.

Yep. I grabbed myself one on Saturday. I own every Amiibo (many bought at Target), so figure they owe me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, the Kirby one is perfect, I'd gladly buy that along with Waddle Dee & use my Smash versions (well maybe get Kirby as well).

Now that's something I'd really dig for other franchises, like Splatoon, Mario, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, & such.

I've wanted something like those ever since I saw those Trophy Boxes in SSB Wii U.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, those dioramas are swell. I hope they make more!

do I need to add those to the OT pls

man, its been 1 year since Ness and Lucina x Robin destroyed the amiibo game

I remember waiting in line for 3 fucking hours to pre order Ness

why no lucina or robin restocks or even wario lol, wii fit trainer either 0_o

Blues1990

Are you near a Meijer? I've seen both at Meijers near me in the last few weeks and stopped myself from buying them.

I live in Canada, so I don't know what a Meijer is.

I was lucky to find a Pink Yarn Yoshi, so I'm going to pick up the adorable ball of stuffing tomorrow. Then, it's off to watch Zootopia!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I live in Canada, so I don't know what a Meijer is.

I was lucky to find a Pink Yarn Yoshi, so I'm going to pick up the adorable ball of stuffing tomorrow. Then, it's off to watch Zootopia!

It's like a Walmart. It has a little bit of everything in it, from electronics to clothes to groceries to yard equipment. If you live in the London area and you have a passport, there are a ton of Meijers in Michigan and northwest Ohio.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Both amiibo dioramas are up on AmiAmi! Cheaper than Amazon JP too
even though they won't ship directly for some reason pls
!

Smash
Kirby

I really like how compact they are. I can easily see myself buying a bajillion of them.

IiBFHSR.png

Went to GameStop yesterday to pick up Quantum Break and they were out of Roy amiibo. Only had time to visit one location but this is the first time in a while a GS hasn't had at least one of everything they carry.

And yeah, new avatar for me.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
~~~~Last call for my copy of the early access 3DS code for Mini Mario and Friends Amiibo Challenge!

Edit: All gone!

Blues1990

It's like a Walmart. It has a little bit of everything in it, from electronics to clothes to groceries to yard equipment. If you live in the London area and you have a passport, there are a ton of Meijers in Michigan and northwest Ohio.

Oh, okay. Thank you for the explanation.

Once I get some time off this week, I'll post a photo of my collection.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
PudgyBunny and I went to Target last night and found tearoff sheets for Mini Mario & Friends Amiibo Challenge codes just sitting around on a shelf near the Amiibos. No purchase necessary, no barcode to scan, just tear off as many as you like. We grabbed a few and took them to the cashier, who said he hadn't been told anything about them and was fine with us just taking them.

So uh if anyone wants a code and doesn't live near a Target, let me know and I'll shoot you a PM.

Chindogg

PudgyBunny and I went to Target last night and found tearoff sheets for Mini Mario & Friends Amiibo Challenge codes just sitting around on a shelf near the Amiibos. No purchase necessary, no barcode to scan, just tear off as many as you like. We grabbed a few and took them to the cashier, who said he hadn't been told anything about them and was fine with us just taking them.

So uh if anyone wants a code and doesn't live near a Target, let me know and I'll shoot you a PM.

I could use one pls.

Boogiepop

Just a quick obligatory reminder that the amiibo card trading thread still exists, as it seems to have slowed to a crawl and I still need a decent number from Wave 3.

Speaking of which, it turns out Gamestop at least counts each separate amiibo card pack purchase as an amiibo purchase for the purpose of those codes, so I totally have a few extras in case anybody still needs them.

I could use one. :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was at my Meijer & noticed that the Animal Crossing 3-pack was marked down to $20, & some random figures like ZSS, Tom Nook, & a few others were marked down to $7 or $8. Green Yarn Yoshi was only $12.

Still disappointed that the 4 that I need to complete my Smash line (Robin, Lucina, Toon Link, & Wario) never got any reprints, especially considering games that make use of them came out recently.

Still disappointed that the 4 that I need to complete my Smash line (Robin, Lucina, Toon Link, & Wario) never got any reprints, especially considering games that make use of them came out recently.

That's why I still can't find Toon Link, I've got all of the other early Amiibo I wanted.

Boogiepop

Anyone have the Japanese Amiibo card album? Have an order from Amazon jp including that shipping soon, and I'm trying to decide if I want to keep that (which would be a bit cheaper) or hold out for the 4th European Collectors album for when I complete my set...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hearing that Fox and FALCO are being shipped to Target stores, meaning Falco might no longer be exclusive to Best Buy.

ChrisD

Also have some Mini Mario codes if anybody needs them. Grabbed four of them this past weekend, posted about it on a FB group I'm in but nobody needed one there.

Samaritan

I wonder if Nintendo is going to scrap plans for more Animal Crossing Amiibo with how poorly they've been selling lately. :|

Really want a Pascal Amiibo...

I wonder if Nintendo is going to scrap plans for more Animal Crossing Amiibo with how poorly they've been selling lately. :|

Really want a Pascal Amiibo...

Maybe temporarily, but there's always Animal Crossing NX to revive the line. The Animal Crossing line's biggest problem is really that they're not all that useful, so they're only of value to diehard fans of amiibo and/or Animal Crossing. Give them a use in a proper Animal Crossing game sure to sell significantly more than the two spin-offs combined and demand will pop back up.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"

I grabbed one at my local Target as well. I thought it was meant to be given to those buying an Amiibo so I felt kind of guilty just grabbing one. But the sheet doesn't list any qualifications so oh well!

Game is kind of fun. Glad I can put my collection to good use too.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Mini Mario is a fun freebie. Always enjoyed the Mario & DK series.

Also don't worry guys, soon we will be flooded with some very special amiibo for E3. Trust me.
this is not a ploy to make it to OT8 maybe

kirby_fox

Banned
Yeah, Mini Mario is a fun freebie. Always enjoyed the Mario & DK series.

Also don't worry guys, soon we will be flooded with some very special amiibo for E3. Trust me.
this is not a ploy to make it to OT8 maybe

Quick everyone return and speculate wildly like we used to! I mean, why haven't we had dates for the last of the Smash line? Are they planning more DLC or alts?!

Gotta be alts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom