• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
Maybe temporarily, but there's always Animal Crossing NX to revive the line. The Animal Crossing line's biggest problem is really that they're not all that useful, so they're only of value to diehard fans of amiibo and/or Animal Crossing. Give them a use in a proper Animal Crossing game sure to sell significantly more than the two spin-offs combined and demand will pop back up.
Exactly. Amiibo Festival is awful so people arent going to buy amiibos to play it.

Samaritan

Exactly. Amiibo Festival is awful so people arent going to buy amiibos to play it.

This always makes me curious how many of us buy Amiibos for their in-game functionality and how many of us buy them simple as small figures of video game characters. I'm heavily in the latter camp and couldn't care less about 90% of the functionality they have in games. I've no intention on ever playing Amiibo Festival (*shudder*), but I own the entire line of AC Amiibos released to date. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Thoraxes

This always makes me curious how many of us buy Amiibos for their in-game functionality and how many of us buy them simple as small figures of video game characters. I'm heavily in the latter camp and couldn't care less about 90% of the functionality they have in games. I've no intention on ever playing Amiibo Festival (*shudder*), but I own the entire line of AC Amiibos released to date. Maybe I'm just crazy.

My copy of amiibo Festival is still in the shrinkwrap.

I bought it for Digby and Isabelle at launch.

KingBroly

Banned
I got the last 3 AC amiibo figures I needed from Target today, well, besides Spring Isabelle, since she's not out yet. $20 for 3 is a damn good deal.

I got the last 3 AC amiibo figures I needed from Target today, well, besides Spring Isabelle, since she's not out yet. $20 for 3 is a damn good deal.

Are Target stores honoring that sale for all AC amiibo or is it YMMV? The sale says "select AC amiibo" and the website excludes the four I need: Digby, Lottie, Rover & Kapp'n.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
MEANWHILE, IN EUROPE....
CgEiLfaXEAE56Gm.png:large

Sure hope we get this in the US.

man, its been 1 year since Ness and Lucina x Robin destroyed the amiibo game

I remember waiting in line for 3 fucking hours to pre order Ness

why no lucina or robin restocks or even wario lol, wii fit trainer either 0_o

Those two are the amiibo that made me sell my collection and just say screw it. I noticed today that a lot of the rare amiibo from back then are easily found now is that normal? I may get them all again if I can find most of them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Imagine if they finally did Callie & Marie, but they're both part of one amiibo.

....or is that how most people expected it to be released instead of each of them getting their own stand?

I get them because they remind me of my childhood. Every character I've picked up has been due to me loving those games as a kid. My son has imported some to smash but it really isn't something I care about.

I'm in the same boat. I have all of the AC amiibo, but I've never scanned them into anything. Amiibo Festival sits on my shelf and probably will forever. Can't really sell it for anything without the amiibo, I scanned a few into Smash Bros. at the beginning, and still do if I open up a new move for a character. I have FE: Fates, Twilight Princess HD and, even though I have compatible amiibo, I've never used them.

My favorite amiibo use is probably the Mario Kart 8 costumes. Splatoon was good too. They just look awesome all lined up on the shelf together and that's why I buy them all.

ChrisD

Imagine if they finally did Callie & Marie, but they're both part of one amiibo.

....or is that how most people expected it to be released instead of each of them getting their own stand?

I've always thought they would be two separate ones.

I would only buy Callie because I'm such a huge Splatoon fan. Elsewise, Marie only. ^^

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Lookin' good Thoraxes! At least the AC line is super easy and affordable to get! That 3 for $20 at Target is awesome.

3rdEdge

I've been making my way through Mini Mario and Friends Amiibo Challenge and I find it to be pretty enjoyable so far. I love the variety of the mechanics of the themed worlds and that each character has a unique ability. It does freshen up the typical Mario vs Donkey Kong style gameplay. My only real quibble is that it's not ideal for on the go play, as you obviously need certain amiibo to access certain levels. I played Tipping Stars on my 3DS quite a bit during my lunch breaks when that game came out, but I can't really do that with this one. That said, it hasn't stopped me from having a good time with the game.

However, if the Mario vs Donkey Kong games aren't your cup of tea, despite the new wrinkles to the formula this won't likely change your mind. It's also certainly not worth buying a bunch of Mario related amiibo just to play this game. But if you're like me and already own all they amiibo this is a fun, free way to get some more use out of them.

Lookin' good Thoraxes! At least the AC line is super easy and affordable to get! That 3 for $20 at Target is awesome.

Well I took a trip to Target and found hang tags advertising this promotion. It specifically mentioned amiibo that weren't part of the "select" group online. Lottie was the only one on display of the four I wanted so I asked an employee to check inventory. A few minutes later he emerged from the back room with the other three I needed to complete my AC collection (until standalone Isabelle). I took a total of six to the register and he asked for $83. I reminded him of the 3/$20 promo and he had to manually override each one. I pass the guy $40, tote a couple placeholders to guest service to return ($14 back) and I was on my merry way.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That's to pre-order. Pretty sure it'll still be available tomorrow. Heck, you've got until June 10th.

......though I wonder if the Kirby amiibo will get the same price drop like the Animal Crossing ones have gotten over the months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom