• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& it's only for the 3DS version, not the Wii U.

Hate to sound like I'm begging, but if anyone gets a spare code (either system is fine), that would be greatly appreciated. All the amiibo I've got left to collect (Robin, Lucina, Wario, Toon Link, & Mii Fighters) aren't available or don't qualify for the code.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
At a comic convention today. The new Kirby Amiibo look great! I really don't want them but it's only 4 right?
Correct. Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, & (the only new character) Waddle Dee.

I'm actually kind of surprised Nintendo didn't announce a bundle of the game + Kirby amiibo. I'd gladly get that in order to get the better looking Kirby amiibo.

Correct. Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, & (the only new character) Waddle Dee.

I'm actually kind of surprised Nintendo didn't announce a bundle of the game + Kirby amiibo. I'd gladly get that in order to get the better looking Kirby amiibo.

I'm kind of curious to see how sales of figures are along side of sales of figures with games.

I'm not a huge fan of Mega Man, and I kind of want Gold Mega, but not the game. Conversely, I was hyped for TPHD and the Wolf Link Amiibo, but...I've hardly played any of it and would have loved to just purchase it by itself.

Velcro Fly

Finally opened up all the amiibo I have collected in 2016. That includes both waves of AC, Ryu, Lucas, and our boy Roy. Roy looks so fucking good.

Probably going to try out amiibo festival sometime this week. It will be a sad time playing alone.

Josh7289

My Amazon JP order arrived! Mmm, exclusive new CharaParfait K.K. card. Also got those cool Red and Green box sets because they're super awesome! Thank you Amazon JP for finally allowing global game shipments.

Here's a link to the magazine if you want to order it directly from Amazon JP!

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks for the link. As far as I know, this is the second Animal Crossing amiibo promo card, after that Shizue/Isabelle one you also included in your photo there. Is this your understanding as well?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the link. As far as I know, this is the second Animal Crossing amiibo promo card, after that Shizue/Isabelle one you also included in your photo there. Is this your understanding as well?

Yup, only two so far.

Speaking of that Isabelle card, what's the easiest/cheapest way to get it? Can one still import the magazine, or would I have to spend a stupid amount on eBay?

I'd say you can technically also count the ones that came from Amiibo Festival, since they aren't numbered or anything.

They sort of are. :p The amiibo Festival promo cards still have the code on the bottom corner, which for main series cards starts with the card number. The first Isabelle promo card is 401, the amiibo Festival cards are 402 - 404, and the new K.K. promo card is 405.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say you can technically also count the ones that came from Amiibo Festival, since they aren't numbered or anything.

Well, I think he meant the number of CharaParfait promo cards released, not the total amount of promo cards. :p

Josh7289

They sort of are. :p The amiibo Festival promo cards still have the code on the bottom corner, which for main series cards starts with the card number. The first Isabelle promo card is 401, the amiibo Festival cards are 402 - 404, and the new K.K. promo card is 405.

Well, I think he meant the number of CharaParfait promo cards released, not the total amount of promo cards. :p

Oh, sorry. I actually did mean the total number of promo cards. So there are these 5 so far. The amiibo Festival ones totally slipped my mind.

Awesome though, thank you all!

Got Summer Is' and all but Kirby from the Kirby series. I'll just hope that one is sitting on the shelves on 6/10. You'd think Nintendo would print the most of that one. I'll check periodically for ship-to-store too.

Kirby is now available for preorder with IN-STORE PICKUP :)

I just changed my order to reflect this instead of shipping him.

ChrisD

I'm just gonna' walk in when they release and buy one. Surely the stock problems are all sorted by now if we've have so many successful launches.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Here's what you unlock for scanning Falco in Star Fox Zero:

CemTgfxXEAATiTQ.jpg

PtM

Banned
The game is just weird about some of them from what I remember. ZSS and Samus are both samus for example I think.
Thanks. I have this theory that character variations' amiibos simply have an extended ID of the original one for compatibility reasons. Or they coded it just like that.

Oh hey, looks like I haven't misremembered Dark Pit: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=181200384
In totally unrelated news, GAF > Wikis.
Pretty sure he just gives you the SNES style Arwing like they showed off in the direct. Also different sound effects and music.
That sweet Corneria tune.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, Fox gives you the SNES model Arwing. Also, from what I'm hearing (I'll look to confirm), the arwing you unlock from scanning Falco
lets you lock onto 2 targets at once, but in exchange, you take 3x the damage

& wow, forgot I typed that list up, though it's outdated since I've gained quite a few more after getting that game.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Thanks. I have this theory that character variations' amiibos simply have an extended ID of the original one for compatibility reasons. Or they coded it just like that.

Yeah, the Amiibos send out data on the character (Mario), the series (Smash Bros., Super Mario) and the variation (regular, Silver, Gold, 8-bit Classic, 8-bit Modern). Chibi-Robo probably was programmed to give you the basic Mario pose whenever any Mario Amiibo from any series or variation is scanned.

RaidenZR

Yes, Fox gives you the SNES model Arwing. Also, from what I'm hearing (I'll look to confirm), the arwing you unlock from scanning Falco
lets you lock onto 2 targets at once, but in exchange, you take 3x the damage

& wow, forgot I typed that list up, though it's outdated since I've gained quite a few more after getting that game.

WTF at the spoiler?!
So this is essentially StarFox's version of Hero Mode?

Dunno if anyone saw them at WonderCon, but the Kirby amiibo look neat. An anon on the /toy/ TTL thread posted his pic of them:

tolhbBw.jpg

Looks like the top have some sort of Gold surface on them.

bumpkin

I'm just gonna' walk in when they release and buy one. Surely the stock problems are all sorted by now if we've have so many successful launches.
Seconded. There hasn't been a single amiibo that I haven't been able to walk into a store and get lately.

3rdEdge

I like Kirby but I wouldn't say that I'm a huge fan. I own (and enjoyed) a couple of his games and I do have the Smash Kirby amiibo, but I've never had the enthusiasm for Kirby like I do other Nintendo games.

So when they announced a new Kirby line of amiibo I thought "good, my wallet will get a break because I don't care." But man, each time I see new pictures of them my resolve takes a beating. And the fact that the line is small is so mischievously brilliant. Just buy four and you have the whole set. It's only four, no big deal! Freaking Nintendo. What a bunch of clever geniuses.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I like Kirby but I wouldn't say that I'm a huge fan. I own (and enjoyed) a couple of his games and I do have the Smash Kirby amiibo, but I've never had the enthusiasm for Kirby like I do other Nintendo games.

So when they announced a new Kirby line of amiibo I thought "good, my wallet will get a break because I don't care." But man, each time I see new pictures of them my resolve takes a beating. And the fact that the line is small is so mischievously brilliant. Just buy four and you have the whole set. It's only four, no big deal! Freaking Nintendo. What a bunch of clever geniuses.

it'll only cost about $51 after tax =P

$44 with GCU after tax

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wish TRU did the Mini Mario code giveaway, I'd be more motivated to order the Mii Fighters from them, but the main 3 doing it don't have Wario, Toon Link, Robin, &/or Lucina.

Nor does pre-ordering any of the Kirby amiibo give you the code, from what I understand.

Skrams

My gamestop man lied to me when he said they had a bunch of Ness. He probably meant Lucas, but he doesn't know what a Mother is so they're both the same to him probably. Bummer to hit the store and not have one.

Damn, hope there's a reprint when the game comes out

I think Fox is still pretty easy to find after the recent restock. I know my gamestop had a few out when I went today.

PtM

Banned
My gamestop man lied to me when he said they had a bunch of Ness. He probably meant Lucas, but he doesn't know what a Mother is so they're both the same to him probably. Bummer to hit the store and not have one.
How does he operate the checkout if he can't read?

How's the Mega Yarn Yoshi stock situation?

Do Toysrus still have them readily available.

I couldn't get to Toysrus last week so I missed the B1G40 sale. I went to two Toysrus today (Finishing up my Jakks 4 inch figures) and the second one had one out. The guy said they had a box in the back but I bought the Yoshi just in case. I checked and I'll return it and re buy it with Mii Fighters when the B1G40 comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom