• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's to pre-order. Pretty sure it'll still be available tomorrow. Heck, you've got until June 10th.

......though I wonder if the Kirby amiibo will get the same price drop like the Animal Crossing ones have gotten over the months.

Well, I mean, Smash amiibo preorders usually sell out pretty quick.

The_Kid

Kind of debating stopping collecting the Amiibo cards (30 away from series 2 being done) and just buy a complete set of the animal crossing amiibos boxed as doubles instead. The cards are coming out too fast and are way too expensive to finish. o_O

So after selling my collection about a year ago which was a full set of the first 3 series I decided to get back into it. 2 days in I found a Marth...Villager...Dark Pit and a Mario ( which is I guess rare now) at my local Best Buy just sitting there. Not sure if those first 2 are still rare or not but back then seeing those would have stopped hearts.

zroid

Banned
They're up right now!

Kirby
Wassle Dee
King Dedede
Meta Knight

ZBK4gtH.png

Wass dat?
wassle matter wit you?

Gameboy415

PSA for anyone looking to pick up the Animal Crossing amiibo figures:

I was at Target today and noticed they had signs up in front of each of the AC amiibo stating they were 3 for $20 (~$6.66 each)!
I grabbed 6 different figures (Kapp'n, Rover, Timmy & Tommy, Blathers, Celeste, & Kicks), each of which had a 3 for $20 sign with that character's name on its shelf tag, but all of them rang up full price.
I was able to get the cashier to adjust the price to the advertised 3 for $20 deal, but YMMV.

Looks like the 3 for $20 deal is also available online for a few of the Wave 1 & 2 figures:

Blathers
Kicks
Lottie
Mabel
Resetti
Tom Nook

Hope this helps anyone looking for a good deal on the AC amiibo! :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm still bummed we didn't get an Arwing amiibo because Miyamoto wanted it to transform & I totally would've been fine if it didn't....along with a Landmaster one...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, they want it to be Zelda focused....

.........ZELDA LINE OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED, YOU GET 8-BIT AND OCARINA OF TIME AND WIND WAKER AND TWILIGHT PRINCESS AND SKYWARD SWORD AND WANDS OF GAMELON AND HYRULE WARRIORS

Those are some big Amiibos up top there.

Poor Animal Crossing 'miibos holdin' up the bottom.

Cool display, though. I wish I had something like that.

Thanks, it's the cheapest ikea display that was available it was around $60. Theres more expensive ones but I wasn't paying $200 for a display stand.

Oh god, I hope they announce more amiibos at E3.

Please.
Pleaaaaseeee don't free me from this hell just yeeeetttttt

I just realized the Kirby line are the only Amiibo even announced, and those don't come out in NA until June. After that, we might not see any more Amiibo released until late summer, assuming that's when Cloud & Bayonetta come out.

My wallet is definitely enjoying the break (although I've been collecting Nendoroids to make up for the Amiibo drought).

Well, they want it to be Zelda focused....

.........ZELDA LINE OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED, YOU GET 8-BIT AND OCARINA OF TIME AND WIND WAKER AND TWILIGHT PRINCESS AND SKYWARD SWORD AND WANDS OF GAMELON AND HYRULE WARRIORS

What must my wallet suffer through if this happens?

I'll take all versions of Lana with each of her alt costumes like Guardian of Time and Skull Kid, also 8 creepy realistic Tingles and 4 Linkles

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Amiibo cards?

Better not be another Kid Icarus kerfuffle. I ended up getting a GOOD amount of them, and just ended up eBaying them, knowing I'll never end up completing them cause NoA. (Old wounds open up...)

Shauni

I mean, a Zelda line is bound to happen at some point. I doubt it will be that grand, though. Most likely it'll be a simple mini-line. I think that's the direction Nintendo is going with amiibo over the big, grand lines, especially after the AC one didn't seem to pan out.

Shauni

Snake amiibo soon

I'd kill for it, but I don't think it'll ever happen :(

Unless they do some of kind of Smash Classics or something and release characters who didn't make it over to the new Smash like Snake, Wolf and Ice Climbers...

Goddammit, I just disappointed myself :(

Best Buy has a bunch of amiibo on sale:

$4.99 ($3.99 GCU)
==================
Blathers
Celeste
Digby
Mabel
Mr. Resetti
Tom Nook

$6.99 ($5.59 GCU)
==================
Kicks
Inkling Boy
Inkling Girl

$7.99 ($6.39 GCU)
==================
Kapp'n
Rover
Falco

$9.99 ($7.99 GCU)
==================
Fox

$14.99 ($11.99 GCU)
==================
Animal Crossing 3-Pack (Cyrus / K.K. Slider / Reese)

$19.99 ($15.99 GCU)
==================
Splatoon 3-Pack (Inkling Girl / Inkling Squid / Inkling Boy)

$29.99 ($23.99 GCU)
==================
Chibi-Robo Zip Lash (Chibi Robo)

$34.99 ($27.99 GCU)
==================
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival (Digby / Isabelle)

$49.99 ($39.99 GCU)
==================
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolf Link)

Zalman

It feels weird to say but new amiibo announcements are now what I look forward to the most at Nintendo's E3.

WALUIGIWALUIGIWALUIGI

Blues1990

It feels weird to say but new amiibo announcements are now what I look forward to the most at Nintendo's E3.

WALUIGIWALUIGIWALUIGI

I'm personally hoping for an other set of Splatoon amiibo, as I would like any of these inklings on my shelf. (The Green Squid is actually a brown skined boy linkling with a roller, so I would be so down with that design being transferred as a physical amiibo figurine.) Callie and Marie are becoming popular, so why not let those two in on the fun?

Shauni

At $15, I am tempted as hell to get that AC three pack. It's close enough to a regular priced amiibo that I don't feel totally ripped off being K.K. But I really don't give a shit about the other two and don't want them, doubt I could sell them for anything either...

At $15, I am tempted as hell to get that AC three pack. It's close enough to a regular priced amiibo that I don't feel totally ripped off being K.K. But I really don't give a shit about the other two and don't want them, doubt I could sell them for anything either...

If you have Gamers Club Unlocked, it's only $12. If you have a GameStop nearby, you can trade Reese and Cyrus in for $4 each cash or more if you choose store credit or have a PowerUp Pro membership.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
More sales reports: "Over the fiscal year ended March 2016, we shipped about 24.7 million amiibo figures and about 28.9 million amiibo cards, a huge increase over the prior fiscal year."

Now just wait until they make Pokemon amiibo cards....

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Those sheep have creepy faces. I don't want them in my house.

LxtQfB6.jpg

Look at those soulless eyes and that clownlike makeup.

PgYkith.jpg

This is the face of a thing that will come to life and kill you in your sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom