• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
This haul cost me 17 actual dollars:

cVMFLWe.jpg

I used a $5 Best Buy rewards certificate to buy the AC three-pack and Mabel for about $11.70 after tax and GCU discounts. Then I broke out the sheep alpacas and took them into GameStop. After my GS Rewards bonus, I traded them in for $11 and put that toward buying their last Chibi-Robo Amiibo combo pack. I redeemed Bing points for a $5 gift card and spent about $5.30 in the end after tax.

Felt sheistery. Felt good.

[edit] Would have cost nearly $94 after tax at full MSRP without any GCU discounts or sales. That's 82 percent off!

Draxal

Set up a couple of the amiibo displays, for being so cheap (I hope they come to the states).

They're pretty amazing. The dimensions are different between the two of them which is kinda of a bummer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, so debating re-arranging my amiibo. See, my dad just brought home a new headboard that not only has doors behind the pillows to store things, but also has a huge amount of space I can display stuff on (granted, it's in front of a window, but I don't open them often. It's 11" long, but also about 81" wide, meaning a ton of space to display my amiibo.

Maybe I'll set it up & take a pic to see. Considering I'm around 55 amiibo right now, it's hard to find places to display them.

Edit: Here's what it looks like. I'll move the 8-bit Marios back to the top of my TV speakers, but I like having a wider view of them all instead of being bunched up together on a smaller shelf.

Also, I just counted, I'm at 59 amiibo.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Let's get fresh!

FW3f4XR.gif

if we don't reach OT8 by the E3 onslaught of amiibo announcements I'll go ahead and make it after updating everything that's announced

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Triple post because WHADDUP NoA in the HOUSE!

US Reveal Trailer

Callie & Marie are bundle only (makes sense) and Orange Squid is bundle only like last time. Bundles galore!

CFGVIRo.png

Dn9ZWMR.png

VAnacOW.png

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I was trying to figure out what was different with that squid... then I remember that the other one was green. I just associate Splatoon with orange more.

Well, time to pre-order!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, it was true all along! Yay for the fact they're a bundle.

Not sure if I want to bother with the recolored inklings unless they actually offer up something different.

Edit: From what I'm hearing, scanning Callie or Marie in Splatoon has them letting you pick songs for them to sing. So basically a music test unlock?

.......................HOW LONG UNTIL I CAN UNLOCK THEM IN MARIO MAKER?!?!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I am legit surprised they haven't done recolors of, say, Mario yet, outside of 8-bit & "silver & gold" versions.

"YO, NOW IT'S FIRE MARIO! HERE'S ICE MARIO! AND NOW....UH.......GAME BOY MARIO!"

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
OMG dreams do come true! Callie yaaaaaasss

I hope the recolors do something different
because I'm buying them anyway regardless

So if these alt colors sell well, do you think we'll see more of them for other lines?

Certainly, something like 8 Bit mario wouldn't be hard to recolor (or even to make into weegee or something) plus with shiny colors for Pokemon not to mention all the alt colors for Smash.

While I don't think they'd do the whole Smash line over, I'd be very interested to see them do this with "retired" figures; The Splatoon 3 pack is pretty rare to find and until that restock it was difficult to find the single Splatoon characters. What if that could have been solved earlier with alt color prints?

Shauni

So if these alt colors sell well, do you think we'll see more of them for other lines?

Certainly, something like 8 Bit mario wouldn't be hard to recolor (or even to make into weegee or something) plus with shiny colors for Pokemon not to mention all the alt colors for Smash.

While I don't think they'd do the whole Smash line over, I'd be very interested to see them do this with "retired" figures; The Splatoon 3 pack is pretty rare to find and until that restock it was difficult to find the single Splatoon characters. What if that could have been solved earlier with alt color prints?

I'm honestly kind of surprised they didn't do something like that already. Perhaps like Funko does with Pops as retailer exclusives or something of that nature.

Draxal

Splatoon was such a small line with a huge devoted fanbase.

In addition, they hit the major figures for that line already (when they released Callie and Marie). Alot of other lines needs more figures (Mario)

Koppai

We have tons of Splatoon amiibo at my work...lol.

Zalman

I'm glad Callie and Marie are getting figures. They were no-brainers. But I hope this is it for Splatoon. Hopefully they continue the Mario line soon.

ChrisD

I'm hyped for they new amiibo, these are ones I'm not going to chance walking into the store for!

Tempted to buy them all, but I don't need two boys/girls again. Just the two bundles will do!

I'm only missing gold Megaman and the dark Skylander Superchargers from my complete collection so I'll continue that trend and pick up both multipacks. I do want a second Callie to open and display as a series representative. So I'm glad I put off buying the original inkling girl even if it looks like I'll have to import or pull some sale price / trade in shenanigans with Marie.

kunonabi

Super psyched for Callie and Marie.

I picked up Falco, the AC 3-pack and Tom Nook during the BB sale so that will probably be it until Bayonetta and the Squid Sisters. The Kirby line isn't doing much for me since I only want Dedede and I think I'd prefer getting his Smash version.

I do need to pick up Mario(SM),Yoshi(SM), Bowser(SM), DK, Olimar, Bowser Jr., Famicom R.O.B., Blue Yarn Yoshi, Kicks, and Lottie though. One or two good sales should cover that I think.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Uhm, Diggeh. Best OT is not updated yet...

*gets squid* You know this means we have to take a trip to Sad Town!

pls

4vUxzZW.png

OT updated! I had to custom crop/resize them from the trailers myself since the official website updated with super tiny images! Only the freshest for you guys. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom