• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisD

I'm counting on you guys
and Nintendo to announce a bunch of stuff at E3 also we need a good OT8 name
!

You mean you need something gr8.
sorry not sorry

Squid Sisters look sooo fresh

I don't really care for alternate colors, though

The packaging on the Sisters is excellent. Fresh indeed.

The alternate colors would have been a lot cooler if both of them were black. I really like the Boy, but the Girl does come off as little more than "hey we changed the clothes." Still buying the bundle regardless, but yeah.

Now, PURPLE(BEST COLOR TM) SQUID WHEN

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm counting on you guys
!

Amiibo Thread 8 |OT| This is the last one and we're lucky to get it

you know it's true

or

Amiibo Thread 8 |OT| Make Amiibos Gr8 Again

ChrisD

All Koopalings.
All Alt. trophies.
All Final Smash trophies.
All Wii Fit poses.
All Smash Bros. trophies.

Which one of you GAFfers would actually be the one to have ALL Smash Bros Trophies amiibo. The one that's crazy and dedicated enough to spend countless thousands.

I mean aside from Diggeh

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Which one of you GAFfers would actually be the one to have ALL Smash Bros Trophies amiibo. The one that's crazy and dedicated enough to spend countless thousands.

I mean aside from Diggeh

buy all the things

all of them

not one

not two

all

I'm counting on you guys
!

Amiibo Thread 8 | Everyone gets a recolor

With the talks about amiibo support on NX, I'm kind of expecting an amiibo blowout at E3. Probably will be the first time the Splatoon ones are seen in public too.

Shauni

Amiibo Thread 8 | Everyone gets a recolor

With the talks about amiibo support on NX, I'm kind of expecting an amiibo blowout at E3. Probably will be the first time the Splatoon ones are seen in public too.

E3 really isn't the type of show to have an amiibo blowout. I know they will feature amiibo, but I don't see it as being that big of a deal, much like last year. I think Nintendo will have a very, very minimal presence at this year's E3.

pls

4vUxzZW.png

OT updated! I had to custom crop/resize them from the trailers myself since the official website updated with super tiny images! Only the freshest for you guys. ;D
I don't even have Splatoon (yet) but AWWWW YEEEAAAHHH

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
|OT 8 & 9| OTs available only via exclusive bundle

I changed my old "8, 9, & 10" joke to just 8 & 9 to reference the Callie/Marie bundle

Tomita

Shiiiiiit I want those recolors and I don't even play Splatoon. That black boy squid tho 0: Why does green girl look so cute too?! Welp.

When is the solo Wolf Link gonna go for sale? I don't wanna Twilight remake ):< Also I feel sorta bad for Nintendo for their Animal Crossing lineup...

Shauni

I admit I'm tempted to get the recolors, but I don't think I will. If they were in different poses, I would probably, but as is I just don't feel like I need them. The sisters will be mine for sure, though.

I haven't followed amiibo closely in a while so forgive my ignorance on this question:

I'm finding myself in need of the Rosalina and Bowser Jr. amiibos. From what I can gather these are/were Target and TRU exclusives. I haven't been able to locate them locally. I know a lot of the hard-to-find amiibo have gotten re-releases and are no longer considered hard to find.

My question is this: What are the odds of finding these two in the wild now? Any word on reprints? Do Target and TRU occasionally restock, or is my only recourse inflated eBay prices at this point?

Shauni

If you don't care about region, you can get Bowser Jr. for $18 right now via several Japanese listings on eBay (a little more expensive than here, but once you figure out tax it's not that big of a difference). Rosalina seems rarer, though, not a lot of low end deals on her.

Unfortunately, I think reprints aren't really announced. I think they just sort of show up and word of mouth spreads them. I may be mistaken, though.

Akiraptor

Really disappointed that we won't get an official Suicune amiibo. He's one of my favorite Pokémon and I thought there was a real chance when Pokken came out. :(

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
High quality pics of the new amiibo here. Packaging too, in case Diggeh wants to use them for the OT.

As usual the HD images come out after I make my own. Ah well. :p

I haven't followed amiibo closely in a while so forgive my ignorance on this question:

I'm finding myself in need of the Rosalina and Bowser Jr. amiibos. From what I can gather these are/were Target and TRU exclusives. I haven't been able to locate them locally. I know a lot of the hard-to-find amiibo have gotten re-releases and are no longer considered hard to find.

My question is this: What are the odds of finding these two in the wild now? Any word on reprints? Do Target and TRU occasionally restock, or is my only recourse inflated eBay prices at this point?

I see Bowser Jr. all the time at TRU, but Rosalina has been MIA. You might as well just import her.

Really disappointed that we won't get an official Suicune amiibo. He's one of my favorite Pokémon and I thought there was a real chance when Pokken came out. :(

Pokken should've had amiibo 100%. A trainable AI sparring partner like with Smash!
or maybe I'm just salty that I'm not getting a Machamp amiibo

Shauni

I wonder why TPC hasn't jumped on amiibo? Are they afraid it could potentially cut into other merch maybe? I know Pokemon, by far, has the most merch of any other Nintendo franchise.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I wonder why TPC hasn't jumped on amiibo? Are they afraid it could potentially cut into other merch maybe? I know Pokemon, by far, has the most merch of any other Nintendo franchise.

If Creepy AC Sheep Llama abducted TPC:

dvRyqMg.jpg

"Where we're going, we won't need any other merch."

KingBroly

Banned

They know that people have to save money before they can spend it on Pokemon, obviously.

A Machamp Amiibo would have been so amazing. Damn you, Pokémon Company.

I'm really quite shocked they didn't implement Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard and Mewtwo into Pokken Fighters (and Greninja/Jigglypuff as secret characters) and then released either cards or figures of all the other fighters. Then they could have done stuff like bringing your character to a friend's house which is kind of similar to what I'm understanding they did with the arcade machines in Japan. Kind of disappointed because I would have thrown my money for like, a Gengar or Machamp amiibo.

I'm kind of not surprised either that it seems Pokemon/TPCI is kind of separate from Nintendo proper. It took a really REALLY long time for us to even get something simple like Pokemon Streetpass puzzle....

Personally, I'm hoping that one day in the future they make some for Sun and Moon or a console Pokemon game. While I don't think they'd tackle every single Pokemon, having a nice selection of especially popular characters (and some other unpopular ones) would be great.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry Smack, when The Great Amiibo War happens they will be the first ones to perish at the hands of The Alpaca Tribe

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Don't worry Smack, when The Great Amiibo War happens they will be the first ones to perish at the hands of The Alpaca Tribe

The "Alpaca Tribe" can't do much slaying if it's already been sold into slavery to its GameStop overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom