• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alpaca your bags for you

goodbye
tumblr_nt97ndi9Rq1tlb56zo1_500.gif

My man!

The_Kid

My dioramas came in for Kirby and Smash. Too tired to set them all up today. Actually, I don't even know how these will fit in the cabinet with the shelves I have. :s

I had my first Amiibo-related dream last night.

Nintendo revealed a Zelda Amiibo series at E3, consisting of a new Link pose, Skull Kid, Tetra, and Tingle.

Hey just a heads up. Not sure if the right thread but it's probably there are definitely World of Nintendo fans here. I found a 6" Metroid at Toys R Us in West Hartford, CT. They still have a Ganondorf.

Maybe indicates they're going to show up in stores in CT?

It's the first time see any in the Toys R Us around me.

Maybe they've reached Connecticut?

Jawmuncher

So did I miss out on the Summer Isabelle US preorders? I see amazon has the winter clothe's version cheaap, but I don't like that one. Seems most people don't since the summer version is still 21.00 bucks on amazon.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So did I miss out on the Summer Isabelle US preorders? I see amazon has the winter clothe's version cheaap, but I don't like that one. Seems most people don't since the summer version is still 21.00 bucks on amazon.

I got mine pre-ordered at Gamestop. Should still be up there.

I'm surprised no new Amiibo were announced for Pokémon Sun & Moon. I was hoping we'd get starter and legendary Amiibo at least. TPC seems weird about Amiibo, they're losing out on a lot of potential money by not having Amiibo for Pokken Tournament and Sun/Moon.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised no new Amiibo were announced for Pokémon Sun & Moon. I was hoping we'd get starter and legendary Amiibo at least. TPC seems weird about Amiibo, they're losing out on a lot of potential money by not having Amiibo for Pokken Tournament and Sun/Moon.

It's still way too early. Maybe during a Direct just before E3, since we only have 5 Pokemon announced, anyways. Pokken was definitely a missed opportunity. Even with a full set, it would've been a manageable number. Unlock alternate colours or something would've been nice, too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, it just hit me.

If Nintendo wants Zelda to be the focus of E3....

...........WILL THIS MEAN A LINE OF ZELDA AMIIBO WILL BE CONFIRMED THERE?!

Guess it's time to pick up a Peach and Rosalina amiibo, with Disney Infinity ending, that means my dream of those 2 Mario characters being in the style of Disney will never happen

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's a sad day in toys-to-life. Disney Infinity has been cancelled and Disney is exiting console publishing.

“After a thorough evaluation, we have modified our approach to console gaming and will transition exclusively to a licensing model. This shift in strategy means we will cease production of Disney Infinity, where the lack of growth in the toys-to-life market, coupled with high development costs, has created a challenging business model. This means that we will be shutting down Avalanche, our internal studio that developed the game. This was a difficult decision that we did not take lightly given the quality of Disney Infinity and its many passionate fans.”

:(

Nintendo's response will be unleashing an entire line of all the new Pokemon from Sun/Moon as amiibo

Gameboy415

It's a sad day in toys-to-life. Disney Infinity has been cancelled and Disney is exiting console publishing.

:(

Nintendo's response will be unleashing an entire line of all the new Pokemon from Sun/Moon as amiibo

Wow, that's crazy!!
I've been casually collecting the figures over the last ~year and have enjoyed what I've played of the DI games thus far so it's sad to hear it's suddenly all over.
I wonder how this will affect Skylanders/LEGO Dimensions going forward...

zroid

Banned
I never bought any DI figures but there were a few I was always tempted by... maybe I'll find some on clearance at Best Buy in the coming months

Wow, that's crazy!!
I've been casually collecting the figures over the last ~year and have enjoyed what I've played of the DI games thus far so it's sad to hear it's suddenly all over.
I wonder how this will affect Skylanders/LEGO Dimensions going forward...

I think there's too much competition in toys-to-life for most of them. Skylanders are down pretty hard, aren't they? And most Lego Dimensions figures and sets have been pretty widely available at half-price for ages.

Shauni

I don't disagree, but there was a thread that showed their huge profit margins for the Pokemon IP last year, so I don't think they're super concerned about it.

I honestly think it has something to do with fears of it undercutting current toy merchandise. I can't think of any other potential reason that makes any sense.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seeing that reminds me they STILL haven't reprinted Lucina.....otherwise, excluding Isabelle (because I don't want the AC amiibo), I have everyone on there.

Granted, I'm not gonna play Style Savvy, but those are some neat rewards.

ChrisD

Seeing that reminds me they STILL haven't reprinted Lucina.....otherwise, excluding Isabelle (because I don't want the AC amiibo), I have everyone on there.

Granted, I'm not gonna play Style Savvy, but those are some neat rewards.

Kind of curious if they ever plan on reprinting her and Robin. Fates was the perfect time for it, and that's long past. Even if they reprint in Europe for their Fates release, that changes nothing for NA.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't believe they didn't do a reprint with Fates. I kid you not (pretty sure I mentioned it a few times), but I only need 5 more amiibo to complete my Smash line: Robin, Lucina, Wario, Toon Link, & the Mii Fighters (I consider them one due to the fact you can only buy them via trio in the US).

Hell, considering the popularity of Mario & Zelda, I don't get why Toon Link didn't get a reprint in time for Hyrule Warriors Legends & Wario being part of the Mario canon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmmm, I might have to order Toon Link from them, every other place has him for $40+. How much will shipping cost?

Seems I might be able to get some decent deals via Amazon Warehouse Deals, I see imports of Wario for $17, Lucina for $19.58, & (despite not warehouse deals) can get Robin for $20, all with Prime.

Edit: After tax, import Lucina & Wario will come to $38.73. I'll get Robin, Toon Link, & Mii Fighters another time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can't believe Nintendo hasn't confirmed those dioramas for the US.

Looks like I'll get Wario & Lucina on Tuesday. That just leaves Robin, Toon Link, & the Mii FIghters, and I'll have all the Smash fighters, save for the remaining 3 DLC characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom