• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

PtM

Banned
He's saying that he thinks Cloud (and I presume Bayonetta) won't come out in Amiibo form until the NX launches with the rumored Smash Bros. remaster.
Although Pachter said that the March date is only to appease investors and it could as well be a few months later.

Shauni

He's saying that he thinks Cloud (and I presume Bayonetta) won't come out in Amiibo form until the NX launches with the rumored Smash Bros. remaster.

Oh god, I hope that's not the case. Well, the Smash remaster would be fine and all, but I don't want to wait that long for my Bayonetta amiibo.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so behind on Amiibo cards... Been trying to get the 4th bum on preorder, but looks like Amazon.fr upped their shipping costs, from what I remember :/

I'm definitely getting Callie & Marie, but I'm eyeing the purple hair Inkling boy too since I'm not very fond of the blue hair Inkling boy. Now the tough part: do I get that sick green hair Inkling girl amiibo when I already love the orange hair one? Do I really need 2 Inkling girl amiibo? Am I just afraid that the answer is inevitably "yes"?

Thoughts to ruminate on...

It's weird how this thread has lasted over a year while the first six were all within half a year.

I'm so behind on Amiibo cards... Been trying to get the 4th bum on preorder, but looks like Amazon.fr upped their shipping costs, from what I remember :/

I just got into them because Walmart was selling Series 1 for $2 a pack. I thought what the hell? Might as well go for one complete set of a series of Amiibo cards.

It's funny. The Animal Crossing Amiibo stuff was something I thought I could safely ignore unlike most Amiibo stuff. But with how cheap they got I find myself with all of the Amiibo figures released in NA and now a bunch of cards.

I have zero interest HHD, won't play Amiibo Festival much and will not play the next mainline Animal Crossing game so these are all basically for display.

The_Kid

I honestly wonder how long the cards will be available. I might start on series 3 if I can do it over the course of a few months.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I just got into them because Walmart was selling Series 1 for $2 a pack. I thought what the hell? Might as well go for one complete set of a series of Amiibo cards.

That's a good price. I really need to start trading at some point. Have too few S1 cards I need to buy full packs anymore, though. Hope the others go on sale soon.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I can imagine the cards becoming rarer as time goes on like the e-Reader. I have my last two cards from Series 1 done
freaking Resetti and Diana!
then I'll have a complete binder. No way am I even going anywhere near the other three series. Nuh uh.

So I opened 6 packs and got 33 uniques (1/3 there!). Only 3 repeats and no rare repeats yet.

Feeling pretty good. I think before I open the minimum 17 packs for a complete set (not happening) I'll definitely have all the regular Amiibo cards.

The real issue are those rare cards. I'm hoping 36 different packs means I can get all 17 rares. I would hate to spend more money past this.

I can imagine the cards becoming rarer as time goes on like the e-Reader. I have my last two cards from Series 1 done
freaking Resetti and Diana!
then I'll have a complete binder. No way am I even going anywhere near the other three series. Nuh uh.

Did you use trades or buy individual cards?

Series 1 seems to have the best set of rares.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
oh he traded

my life away

LUTpSiH.gif

Open 12 more packs. Now I have 28 commons and 7 rares left to get with 18 packs left to open.

That means after 6 different rare a for my first 6 packs I only got 4 new ones from twelve more packs.

I also have three Tommy's. Thinking of a crossing out the O in one and writing an I.

I'm wondering if after I get all the commons if I should stop opening random packs and just trade for the last rares?

The_Kid

Open 12 more packs. Now I have 28 commons and 7 rares left to get with 18 packs left to open.

That means after 6 different rare a for my first 6 packs I only got 4 new ones from twelve more packs.

I also have three Tommy's. Thinking of a crossing out the O in one and writing an I.

I'm wondering if after I get all the commons if I should stop opening random packs and just trade for the last rares?

I would just trade. I dunno if people in the trading thread are still on series 1 but I have like a billion of the first series I could trade.

Honestly you could just buy the rest? The entire first series goes for like $80 on ebay.

I would just trade. I dunno if people in the trading thread are still on series 1 but I have like a billion of the first series I could trade.

Honestly you could just buy the rest? The entire first series goes for like $80 on ebay.

Thanks but as I posted earlier I got these packs for $2 a piece and spent like $78 (including tax) on 36 packs.

JavyOO7

I never got the Isabelle variant from Japan but did get the KK variant. I would get the Isabelle variant on eBay but its 80 bucks or so...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Trading is definitely the way to go with these crazy Animal Crossing cards. It's harder to get a complete set than buying Pokémon cards.

Boogiepop

For the cards, the ideal method seems to be buying enough packs to get the right number of cards, then trading what you can, and if you can't get everything through that, finish it off with ebay. Or at least that's what I've done (managed to get them all through trading for series 1, but needed to supplement for series 2 and 3 as we seem to have less people doing trades now). Only one more set, at least!

JavyOO7

For the cards, the ideal method seems to be buying enough packs to get the right number of cards, then trading what you can, and if you can't get everything through that, finish it off with ebay. Or at least that's what I've done (managed to get them all through trading for series 1, but needed to supplement for series 2 and 3 as we seem to have less people doing trades now). Only one more set, at least!

What I did for series 3 was buy 10 packs the very first day in separate BBs and started doing trades the same day. Then bought 8 more packs the week after. Finished my set in 2-3 weeks. One more rodeo to go!

Thankfully for most of the amiibo cards the prices are reasonable. ($1.00-$2.00)

US versions Summer Isabelle and the 4 Robobot amiibo preordered through Amazon. (Along with the Robobot game.) Now just waiting for Marie and Callie to show.

Prime Advantages so nice. Sure, they're probably going to be half-price eventually, but must take zero chances with family favorites.

Jawmuncher

So I can easily say that the Amazon alert system sucks. Still haven't gotten a email about the Isabelle amiibo. Despite it being up for preorder now. All I can assume is that maybe they only notify of it's actually in stock.

It appears that the latest Mario Maker update added Callie and Marie costume sprites. That's interesting.

doesnt surprise me one bit wish they would update other games with new amiibo content.

side note how close are we to OT8? (not that i want it to happen since my name will be on the wall of shame lol)

So with Disney Infinity dying, where do you guys think the extra shelf space in the toys-to-life sections will be going? Seems like most places they have the most space outside of Skylanders, often pretty close or even tied, so that'll be a lot of space open. Will Amiibo, Lego, or Skylanders take it, or will stores just start shrinking their entire toys-to-life sections and everyone will stick with the same amount of shelf-space?

So with Disney Infinity dying, where do you guys think the extra shelf space in the toys-to-life sections will be going? Seems like most places they have the most space outside of Skylanders, often pretty close or even tied, so that'll be a lot of space open. Will Amiibo, Lego, or Skylanders take it, or will stores just start shrinking their entire toys-to-life sections and everyone will stick with the same amount of shelf-space?

The problem I've always had was that the aisle is far to small to encompass everything. Walmart will sometimes shove the Amiibo cards up to the front with the regular trading cards, Lego stuff is sometimes on the main Lego aisle, and overstock Skylanders sometimes got random extra little hangers at the ends of aisle far away from the electronics.

Someone (mainly Target i think) should have axed an aisle over by Electronics or over into toys and made a "Toys to Life" aisle. It'd include Amiibo (and accessories, maybe a selection of games), Lego Dimensions (plus a few odds and ends of Lego stuff like the clocks and what not) Infinity (there's a lot of different Infinity sets and stuff) and Skylanders (which would include other merch like dog tags, headphones, etc)

With Infinity (and probably Playmation too) that leaves a huge amount of space for another series to encroach over. I'd say Skylanders seems like a good bet to get that retail space for the most part, as they owned it before anyways. Amiibo sections always seem kind of small so with more of them coming out, stores might buy more and expand the section. (although...does it seem like sales of amiibo are slowing down? Obviously during the Dark Ages they flew off the shelves but I see plenty now of all different figures. I even saw a Charizard in store for the first time)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
doesnt surprise me one bit wish they would update other games with new amiibo content.

side note how close are we to OT8? (not that i want it to happen since my name will be on the wall of shame lol)

at this rate OT8 will be when The Last Guardian is released

Time for Infinite Arms to shine! Fully customizable poseable giant robot figures designed by Yasuo Takahama of Transformers fame! They look pretty cool! Also there's a game for them I guess.

They'll probably just use that extra shelf space for more app figures for Angry Birds or something

So after picking up the mega man collector's edition on sale from Gamestop, all I need is my gold mario to come in the mail and I'll have a complete collection outside of the animal crossing amiibos. Going to be picking up the new Kirby wave and new splatoon amiibos as well.

ChrisD

Still no Squid Sisters pre-orders from anyone but Best Buy. Step it up, other guys! May is almost over, you can't miss their reveal month.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, you can put your New 3DS underneath that Callie/Marie diorama & have it act as a screen?

WHY ARE THESE NOT AVAILABLE IN THE US?!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Will definitely be importing them like the other two dioramas. Anything Splatoon is my Kryptonite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom