• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisD

H E L P

5Y1xJ9c.png

I think it's time to make a diorama section in the OT

:O

:OOOO

Wait, you can put your New 3DS underneath that Callie/Marie diorama & have it act as a screen?

WHY ARE THESE NOT AVAILABLE IN THE US?!

THIS IS THE COOLEST THING

The_Kid

I saw an Etrian Odyssey diorama awhile back, but it didn't look like it had anything to do with Amiibo.

And fuck, now I need to buy that Animal Crossing one.

What's the amiibo situation like in the US? Here in the UK it's now pretty easy to get hold of any amiibo besides special edition ones (like the golden or retro modern-coloured Mario).

Draxal

Oh yeah, the Japan only amiibo Festival one that goes for $40+ on eBay. Nah, I'm good. :p

need a jojo dissapointed gif for this.

What's the amiibo situation like in the US? Here in the UK it's now pretty easy to get hold of any amiibo besides special edition ones (like the golden or retro modern-coloured Mario).

its much better, but there's some still impossible to find (robin/lucina/dedede irc)

Jawmuncher

Stock seems to be a lot better now. Recently went to a gamestop and still saw Roy. However the smash line is still pretty hit or miss. You might run into some, but a lot of the cool ones are gone. You aren't going anywhere and finding lucina for example.

ChrisD

Head on with hit-and-miss. I haven't seen Smash Mario anywhere in the last month. ...Or Peach, now that I think on it. But to my knowledge they're still considered common. Probably just from the sheer amounts of them in the past.

I feel for amiibo collectors of the future. Imagine you just started a collection in the year 2017. Even the ever-spreading Peach would be hard to find.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
How's the U.S. Amiibo stock? It's all Animal Crossing.

...with some Splatoon and a few Smash line figures that were recently restocked like Marth

illadelph

Finally bit the bullet and started grabbing Animal Crossing figures since a lot of them are cheap on Amazon.

Picked up Resetti, Rover, Tom Nook, and Kapp'n to start with

MANUELF

Banned
Feels good buying the animal crossing amiibos for 2 dollars each(Lottie being the newest) except the tripack that was 7 dollars, also got amiibo festival for 8 dollars :D

Draxal

The floodgates are open

Ace Attorney amiibo
Dragon Ball amiibo
Disney amiibo

I need all they amiibo

Yeah, while I thought it was douchey what Disney did, it now allows them to have collabs with Lego and Nintendo.

Zelda Amiibo is going to be the big thing this year, they have to do it.

Zalman

Yeah, while I thought it was douchey what Disney did, it now allows them to have collabs with Lego and Nintendo.

Zelda Amiibo is going to be the big thing this year, they have to do it.
I think they might wait for next year now that the game is delayed too.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Took the words outta my mouth. They will undoubtly be more pricey thjan the norm but wow they just look... gimmmmeeeee!!!

(Good sign that the game will be localized!)

Draxal

Took the words outta my mouth. They will undoubtly be more pricey thjan the norm but wow they just look... gimmmmeeeee!!!

(Good sign that the game will be localized!)

Priced around 15-16 bucks if using YEN -> USD conversion.

However, these are also prototypes, so they're not going to look as nice as these.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well damn. I'm not into MH, but those look rather nice.

Then watch as they make amiibo based on the main series. ALL THE FELYNES THEY COULD MAKE. IT WOULD SELL GANGBUSTERS.

Jawmuncher

Those don't even look like amiibos.

They look way better.

It's probably either the promo ones like we saw with smash (which all looked better than the main line), or they're planning on upping the price for higher quality. Betting on it just being promo though.

ChrisD

savor the moment

I did savor the moment for one minute. But I don't want to get excited for something to have it crash down on me. :c

I'd be super happy to be proven wrong! Monster Hunter is one of my favorite series, and if these do look good and do sell well enough to open the gates for Mainline amiibo I'd just about be the happiest person. I absolutely need a Yian Kut-Ku. And Lagiacrus... Ukanlos, Rajang, Rathian, Royal Ludroth, Blangon-- basically it's my Pokemon lol.

Isotope

Those Monster Hunter amiibo; goodness they look nice.

So what's the next Third Party amiibo line-up gonna be. Yo-kai Watch has to be a good bet I'd imagine.

zroid

Banned
Those Monster Hunter amiibo; goodness they look nice.

So what's the next Third Party amiibo line-up gonna be. Yo-kai Watch has to be a good bet I'd imagine.

wait what

*checks gaming board*

dude that's rad

edit: just noticed they were posted above. lol

Shauni

not if it sells no copies outside of Japan

Oh you didn't know? Yo-Kai Watch is poised to murder Pokemon and piss in the mouth of its smoldering corpse. It's definitely going to happen.

I kid, Yo-Kai fans, I kid. I think it actually has a decent possibility of happening

Renewed

And on the thread anniversary too. Here's to another year of mythical Lucina amiibo.

I'm sorry, I've had her all this time next to me

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm confused. You can find Lucina and Robin for like 20 dollars online. What's the point in waiting for Toys R Us
TRU = $13

Elsewhere = $20

YOU KNOW WHAT I COULD DO WITH THAT $7?!? I COULD BUY A DISCOUNTED ANIMAL CROSSING AMIIBO!!!

........well that & I could've combined my order for Robin with the Mii Fighters. Plus some people might want US prints for consistency with their collection or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom