• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Oh you didn't know? Yo-Kai Watch is poised to murder Pokemon and piss in the mouth of its smoldering corpse. It's definitely going to happen.

I kid, Yo-Kai fans, I kid. I think it actually has a decent possibility of happening

The first game sold jack shit in the U.S. and the cartoon is relegated to Disney XD, which no one watches outside of Star Wars Rebels. It's insane that NoA even plans on releasing the two sequels here. They keep trying to make it happen but it's not going to happen.

TRU = $13

Elsewhere = $20

YOU KNOW WHAT I COULD DO WITH THAT $7?!? I COULD BUY A DISCOUNTED ANIMAL CROSSING AMIIBO!!!

........well that & I could've combined my order for Robin with the Mii Fighters. Plus some people might want US prints for consistency with their collection or something.

$14

Don't forget the TRU tax

Jawmuncher

My Amiibo Collection is US, Japanese, and European. I feel sorry for anyone trying to get all of smash in english. The hoops you must have gone through.

JavyOO7

My Amiibo Collection is US, Japanese, and European. I feel sorry for anyone trying to get all of smash in english. The hoops you must have gone through.

Its not worth it, to be honest. I started in the middle of the Amiibo craze and got all the hard to find Amiibo here in America very easy through Amazon Japan. Half of my amiibo collection is from there. I'm perfectly fine with that.

Garlador

I really should get around to selling my spare Rosalina, Gold Mario, and King Dedede before a restock hits.

I know it's a long-shot, but do you think any of those amiibo dioramas will get translated into English? The Splatoon one is beyond cool.

Marvie_3

Banned
Its not worth it, to be honest. I started in the middle of the Amiibo craze and got all the hard to find Amiibo here in America very easy through Amazon Japan. Half of my amiibo collection is from there. I'm perfectly fine with that.
Same here. Got tired of the hassle so I just started importing. Cost me a couple bucks extra per figure but it was better than having to run around and check a dozen stores or pay scalper prices.

Surprised that there's no Animal Crossing diorama line up yet.

Edit:
animal-crossing-amiibo-festival-wii-u_276116.jpg

Scratch what I said earlier in this post, I'm surprised that they didn't make 4 different kinds of these to launch at the same time.

Shauni

All in all it's rather odd they killed that line so quick, yet went so heavy into Animal Crossing.

Yeah, they really overestimated, I think, how much people are attached to the actual characters in Animal Crossing. The franchise has become one of Nintendo's biggest, but the reasons for that isn't related to the characters within it, even if they have obvious charm.

The Super Mario line got shafted so hard it isn't even getting a diorama.

Not to mention all the missing figures they need to release for it. Rosalina, Wario, Toad, etc.

Wasn't there a thing in Paper Mario where you got prizes or unlocks for scanning two different amiibo of the same character in? Can't do that with Toad yet even though there's an option to. Will we ever?

Will anyone that missed the Smash Rosalina EVER be able to unlock any of her costumes in any games? Style Savvy, Mario Maker, Mario Party, Mario Kart, etc etc.

They really need to get on that shit. Maybe they're gonna launch NX with a new Mario game so they're saving it till then? Either way it's absolute bullshit they haven't completed that line yet. They need to make another goddamn Rosalina amiibo.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
All in all it's rather odd they killed that line so quick, yet went so heavy into Animal Crossing.

Yeah. I think people would have eaten up a new sculpt of Rosalina considering how quickly her Smash sculpt sold, or a new character like Daisy. Maybe there are more people like me who wanted a classic design to Wario instead of the WarioWare one we got.

Not to mention all the missing figures they need to release for it. Rosalina, Wario, Toad, etc..

they released Toad =P

Jawmuncher

Yeah. I think people would have eaten up a new sculpt of Rosalina considering how quickly her Smash sculpt sold, or a new character like Daisy. Maybe there are more people like me who wanted a classic design to Wario instead of the WarioWare one we got.

Yeah those 3 characters alone I think would have done a lot better than a lot of AC the characters.

Zalman

I'm not a fan of the Smash versions of Wario, Donkey Kong, and Rosalina. I've been waiting for the Super Mario ones since I saw them in Mario Party 10. :[

they released Toad =P

Shit. Yes. Well you know what I mean.

I wonder if there were plans to do a Captain Toad and Toadette amiibo line and they scrapped it and just used the Super Mario Series Toad without removing the hooks for a second one from Paper Mario.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm not a fan of the Smash versions of Wario, Donkey Kong, and Rosalina. I've been waiting for the Super Mario ones since I saw them in Mario Party 10. :[

Yeah, I wanted a new Donkey Kong sculpt, too =\

Nintendo leaves money on the table again

ChrisD

TRU = $13

Elsewhere = $20

YOU KNOW WHAT I COULD DO WITH THAT $7?!? I COULD BUY A DISCOUNTED ANIMAL CROSSING AMIIBO!!!

........well that & I could've combined my order for Robin with the Mii Fighters. Plus some people might want US prints for consistency with their collection or something.

A discounted Animal Crossing amiibo?
Go to Fry's and you could buy TWO discounted Animal Crossing amiibo! $7 IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE

...No for real, Tom Nook and Mabel have been $3 at our Fry's Electronics for months. And the stock is never-ending.

I totally understand anyone who doesn't want to pay $7 more. That's a 50% increase, who cares how small the actual number

KingBroly

Banned
I only need 1 more AC amiibo and that's the Summer Isabelle (aside from the cards, which after Set 1 they bungled since it's so easy to get common foils and miss out on a complete set).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
AC made sense card-wise, but I still question why they didn't continue with the Mario line, especially when it seemed like we already had some poses/designs shown for characters like DK, Wario, & Rosalina, who really needs a non-store exclusive version.

Isotope

Dammit; I was preoccupied for the evening and missed getting the standalone Marie amiibo. I'm gonna have to watch AmiAmi like a hawk now to score one to add to my July order.

UPDATE: At the time of this typing (6:47 A.M.), all the Splatoon stuff is available for pre-order on AmiAmi. I got lucky it seems for being up early for work!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Picked up Resetti at half-price (those Animal Crossing ones are always on clearance). I'm almost at 100%

Still need:
Robin
Mii Fighters (will get the three pack)
Blathers
Timmy & Tommy
Dark TC Donkey Kong
Dark HS Bowser.

EDIT: Oh, Amazon has Blathers half-price. *grabs* Now it's just Timmy & Tommy for AC.

Happy anniversary Wave 4
amiibogeddon
:)

amiibo was so different last year, I still talk about the experience of camping out in front of Target for 8 and a half hours and then barely making it in time to get Greninja from TRU, getting the second to last ticket for it with people. I miss the thrill honestly...

Renewed

I never experienced those days... I just walked into my EB Games after work and preordered whatever wave came up (ie. all of the available wave 3 including Shulk or the Fire Emblem amiibo).

Honestly, the real annoying part were the late nights/early mornings when something like Rosalina came up online. All those filler orders of Project Guard I had to cancel just to have free shipping.

ChrisD

Happy anniversary Wave 4
amiibogeddon
:)

amiibo was so different last year, I still talk about the experience of camping out in front of Target for 8 and a half hours and then barely making it in time to get Greninja from TRU, getting the second to last ticket for it with people. I miss the thrill honestly...

The thrill was huge when things worked out... Absolutely crushing when it didn't.

PtM

Banned
Guys, do these fuckers withstand washing with soap? I got a limited Hobo Ryu edition from Amazon Warehouse.

Maybe I'll leave it like that. Then the question would be, is it fine to spray them with ethanol spray?

Nevermind, it has a crack, sending it back.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Looked up the prices on the Dark Amiibolanders on their own. DK is manageable, his vehicle is cheap too. But Bowser, holy fuck. Nearly $60 on Amazon. His vehicle is only $30.
I see the game is still for sale, but it's $100 for the version that comes with Dark Bowser. What the hell Activision?

Looked up the prices on the Dark Amiibolanders on their own. DK is manageable, his vehicle is cheap too. But Bowser, holy fuck. Nearly $60 on Amazon. His vehicle is only $30.
I see the game is still for sale, but it's $100 for the version that comes with Dark Bowser. What the hell Activision?

Pretty sure the dark edition Wii version was a toys r us exclusive. So that's probably why. You should check a GameStop and see if you can have the worker help you track them down. They're like $12 preowned and the search is a 100 mile radios. If they find one they should be able to have it transferred to that store for you

MANUELF

Banned
So since any animal crossing amiibo after Lottie has never been released here I guess thats the end for me, got every single one for less than $3 and that includes both Isabelle and Digby alongside the game (8 for the bundle)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weird, maybe they had a spare leftover in the back or something. I didn't notice it the last time I went, which was a month or so ago.

......or maybe they did & it just stuck out more being the last one left.

ChrisD

Greninja's restock made me happy. Definitely the coolest Pokemon.

Although Pikachu reigns as my favorite Pokamiibo just because it was my first.

so a friend of mine was visiting japan last week came back and left a surprise for me on my desk this morning... Finally got my wolf link amiibo holding out paying amazon prices paid off now i can use it in my digital copy of TPHD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom