• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
So jokingly last night, I talked with a friend and we discussed that Nintendo should dump money into new amiibo for MHX and Minecraft. But I'm curious...what sort of amiibo do you think we'll see/what ones do you want?

Because I certainly want a Rathian and Creeper amiibo.

Shauni

So jokingly last night, I talked with a friend and we discussed that Nintendo should dump money into new amiibo for MHX and Minecraft. But I'm curious...what sort of amiibo do you think we'll see/what ones do you want?

Monster Hunter's popularity is growing in the west, but I don't think it's big enough to sustain an amiibo line. It's main popularity is still, by far, in Japan, and the amiibo figures have been the least popular there. Amiibos cards, maybe, though.

Minecraft would be huge, though. But I'm not sure MS would go for it since there's already a ton of Minecraft merchandise floating around.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Picked up half-price Celeste & Kapp'n today. I am now down to 9 amiibo left.

Robin
Mii Brawler
Mii Swordfighter
Mii Gunner
Blathers
Resetti
Timmy & Tommy Nook
Dark TC Donkey Kong
Dark HS Bowser

Fuck those last two...

3rdEdge

Well, I saw that the Animal Crossing 3-pack was $13 yesterday on Amazon and it was simply too good a price to resist. I'll now own seven Animal Crossing series amiibo without paying anything close to full price for any of them. (Isabelle, Digby, Mabel, Tom Nook + the soon to be arriving Reese, Cyrus and K.K. if you're curious.) And seeing as how almost every amiibo in the series can be found for under $10 a piece I'll probably get some more in the future.

I'm kinda sad that the Animal Crossing series is selling so poorly as they're some of the best looking figures Nintendo has produced but hey, they're easy on the wallet.

Now to find some space to put all these little critters...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I'm honestly shocked Capcom hasn't made some of the costumes at the very least easy unlocks, considering we already had stuff like Mario & Luigi outfits for the felynes, a Zero Suit Samus & regular Samus costume, some Fire Emblem stuff, etc. in previous games. They don't have to be locked exclusively behind the amiibo, just a quicker way of getting them.

Nintendo already confirmed a "Mario Mash-Up" DLC for Minecraft, I'm really surprised they didn't do "unlock this skin via amiibo".

Hell, you know what would be really awesome? Scanning amiibo to unlock new hats for Mii Plaza. Or imagine somehow working with Miitomo to unlock new outfits similar to Style Savvy 3.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still waiting to see if we get the Kirby bundle of the game + amiibo like EU is getting before pre-ordering. Can't get them on Amazon (though I can get a $14 Japanese Waddle Dee with Prime), but I can still get the discounts via Best Buy.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Still waiting to see if we get the Kirby bundle of the game + amiibo like EU is getting before pre-ordering. Can't get them on Amazon (though I can get a $14 Japanese Waddle Dee with Prime), but I can still get the discounts via Best Buy.

I feel like it's already passed that time that it would be announced :/ Too bad, I also would've got one.

FSLink

Banned
c57FfWM.jpg

Finally put up all my Amiibo.

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm kinda sad that the Animal Crossing series is selling so poorly as they're some of the best looking figures Nintendo has produced but hey, they're easy on the wallet.
They would have sold better if they were related to a better game than Amiibo Festival.

Isotope

We're not expecting these to be Best Buy exclusive right? That's like my least favorite place to get amiibo.

They haven't been announced for being BB only (during those announcements themselves nor on Social Media), so it's safe to assume these will hit other retailers soon.

Ordered the 3 pack and the 2 pack..at first I thought the artwork on the 3 pack looked identical to the original splatoon 3 pack but I just realized the colors of the figures are different LOL

Plum

I decided to downsize my Amiibo collection the other week because, frankly, it was getting out of hand. I still own 20+ but I only own one character from each series, so only Mario, only Link, only Marth, etc.

Now I just need to get the Amiibos from series I don't have the main character of, so that's Ryu, Pit, Villager and a Mii along with the eventual Cloud/Bayo ones.

I do feel so much better whilst still feeling like I have a collection, it's quite nice.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Aw yeah! Got all the Splatoon on lock. Gimmie all the recolors!

I decided to downsize my Amiibo collection the other week because, frankly, it was getting out of hand. I still own 20+ but I only own one character from each series, so only Mario, only Link, only Marth, etc.

Now I just need to get the Amiibos from series I don't have the main character of, so that's Ryu, Pit, Villager and a Mii along with the eventual Cloud/Bayo ones.

I do feel so much better whilst still feeling like I have a collection, it's quite nice.

Downsize...amiibo?!

XUbkeFR.jpg

zulux21

got an order in for the 2 pack and the alternate squid girl color.
still need cloud/bayo/last FE character to go live some day so I can go back to ignoring amiibos until female robin becomes a thing :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I might order from Best Buy, but considering I can't get free shipping from just Callie/Marie, I'll wait for Amazon to put them up.

Also got Lucina today. Yikes, Amazon Warehouse Deals kind of shows, packaging was kind of in rough shape (huge crease at where the top of the plastic tops, bottom corners are bent, giant AMAZON INSPECTED sticker on the back), but otherwise, the amiibo itself is fine.

Gonna get Wario tomorrow along with Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, but oh god, that'll put me at 61 amiibo, and I still need Robin, Toon Link, the 3 Mii Fighters, Cloud, Corrin, & Bayonetta......and I have pre-orders for Kirby & Waddle Dee to go with Planet Robobot.

amiibos are still dead though ;p
Lucas amiibo is $6 on amazon, I could have had two had I not bought him day 1

I also downsized amiibos, traded some into gamestop yesterday, eh for $9.60 each I figured might as well give em up

I am only buying two more- Cloud x Bayonetta, then its over D:

Got my pre-orders in for the new Splatoon amiibo, wonder if the reprints will be "limited edition" here in NA like they are in other countries.

I don't know the last time when I posted a collection update so I'm gonna do one now

I doubt it's changed since last time but I recently cleaned my amiibo and reorganized them a bit in preparation for future amiibo. I wonder when I'll stop...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know the last time when I posted a collection update so I'm gonna do one now

I doubt it's changed since last time but I recently cleaned my amiibo and reorganized them a bit in preparation for future amiibo. I wonder when I'll stop...

Still love this set up!out of curiosity: why two Links? I know Villager and Marth had alternate looks, but don't think Link did?

Still love this set up!out of curiosity: why two Links? I know Villager and Marth had alternate looks, but don't think Link did?

They did change Link up in a reprint but the change is very small. They added a black line in between his lips. Only reason why I picked it up is because I'm insane. I'll edit my post with a image comparing the 2 in a little bit.

EDIT: Here's an image I just took comparing the two Links. I feel like they may have cleaned up his face a bit but that might just be because of the angle the first print Link is in. First Print Link is on the left and Reprint Link is on the right.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They did change Link up in a reprint but the change is very small. They added a black line in between his lips. Only reason why I picked it up is because I'm insane. I'll edit my post with a image comparing the 2 in a little bit.

That would be interesting to see. I only got reprint Villager since he actually had quite a big difference.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: Here's an image I just took comparing the two Links. I feel like they may have cleaned up his face a bit but that might just be because of the angle the first print Link is in. First Print Link is on the left and Reprint Link is on the right.

Those are actually good angles of him! Then again, he's looking down so it's kind of hard to get a good view of him...

Huh, the reprint did improve a little! (Maybe I'll get one if I come across one...)

Thoraxes

I live literally 1 minute from Target, Toys R Us, and GameStop. The closest Best Buy is like 20 minutes away.

Swap Best Buy and Toys R Us, add in Walmart in the list of stores literally 1 minute from me, and that's the situation I have.

I live right next to a big shopping center.
Cool, got my squids on pre-order now. Bestbuy has yet to let me down online anyway. In-store they can get fucked.
I go to my store so much they just know me there. It's great.

shaowebb

Just found the Chibi Robo Zip Lash game with the Amiibo box set that was discontinued new at Target marked down to $13. Bought.

Hurray! Now I can play one of the only games with Chibi Robo that looked fun and enjoy his cute Amiibo. Once again, middle of fucking nowhere on top of a mountain in WV is where I found this.

They also got a shitload of other Amiibo right now. Villager, Lucario, Fox, Dr Mario, Giant yarn yoshi, Greninja...just a ton of stuff. Not even sure if anything is rare these days.

Just found the Chibi Robo Zip Lash game with the Amiibo box set that was discontinued new at Target marked down to $13. Bought.

Hurray! Now I can play one of the only games with Chibi Robo that looked fun and enjoy his cute Amiibo. Once again, middle of fucking nowhere on top of a mountain in WV is where I found this.

They also got a shitload of other Amiibo right now. Villager, Lucario, Fox, Dr Mario, Giant yarn yoshi, Greninja...just a ton of stuff. Not even sure if anything is rare these days.

Are you sure you mean Target and not Toys R Us? Villager and Mega Yarn Yoshi restocks were exclusive to TRU in the USA...

Jawmuncher

Was at GameStop and saw a preowned charizard. Didn't see any other amiibos though. Also was funny seeing the amiibo section just littered with animal crossing, they printed way more than people actually wanted to buy of those.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got Wario in the mail from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Damn, he didn't even have the back packaging, it was ONLY THE PLASTIC PART holding him. Granted, the amiibo itself is still in good condition, but it somehow got worse than Lucina's rather beat up packaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom