• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirod

Also I realize we are an hour off, but if an east coast GAFers can fill me in on what their Best Buy experience was like I'd appreciate it.

mantis23

I scoped out my local stores this morning and found targets with 30+ people in line, a TRU with 15 people in line, one GameStop with 3 people and a second GameStop with nobody in line. They have 0 Ness but 2 Lucina and 2 Robin.

I couldn't believe my luck as those are the two I need and happily got in line at 7:30 for a 2 1/2 hour wait.

60 minutes later I realized this GameStop doesn't open until 11.

Oh well, I am committed now.

Shauni

Similar story here. After they handed out numbers we all walked to the boat. Jigglypuff, Silver Mario and Splatoon 3 were behind bars. Everything else ("non-exclusives" according to team members) was in a cart in front of the regular display. Everyone in the back of the line bum rushed the Lucina, Robin and Wario they had. Then they started selling 2 Jigglypuff and 2 Silver Mario each. So I got those 4 and Splatoon trilogy. I didn't really want the trilogy but hey it was there, so.

In line at TRU now, 7th in line of 12. They have 69 Greninja. Hoping for that and another Silver Mario. Then I'll book it to another TRU for a second Greninja. Just in case my dad can't get anything 2,000 miles away.

Damn.

Sushigod7

Grabbed Splatoon 3pk, Jiggly and Silver Mario at Target waited in line a little over an hour. Was about 17th in line. Was pretty fun good people to chat with. Off to Best Buy for open there and will grab Splatoon then home to play.

Velcro Fly

Damn that eBay friendo had 130 silver Mario to sell. Already got my positive feedback too! Hope they ship today.

Can't wait to have the four horsemen of the amiibopocalypse all scanned in for a round of Code Name STEAM later tonight

Standing at G-stop to pick up Splatoon at 10. They have a sign out:
FIj2xQX.jpg

Getting the 3-pack, hence he earliness but might snag Mario and PacMan and the wario. Was BB having all of these in store? Might return these I I can get them there. Checked online last night but everything was still listed as coming soon so I couldn't tell. And ill check my Target for a Jiggs...

Edit: Hmmm my Target says online they have Jiggs in store. Must have had a huge restock. I haven't been keeping up with Amiibo release dates I guess..

Skrams

This seems like a good place to ask. I preordered Robin, Lucina, and the Splatoon 3 Pack a month or so ago on Walmart's site. The shipping dates show as Fri, April 24th for Robin and Splatoon. Lucina shows up as June 4th. I found a post on the amiibo reddit saying this was a common thing, but wanted to ask here to make sure as well. I'm going to assume they'll all eventually make their way to my home somehow? I would hope the Splatoon Pack would at least get here sooner since I want to see what the extra missions are about.

Standing at G-stop to pick up Splatoon at 10. They have a sign out:
FIj2xQX.jpg

Getting the 3-pack, hence he earliness but might snag Mario and PacMan and the wario. Was BB having all of these in store? Might return these I I can get them there. Checked online last night but everything was still listed as coming soon so I couldn't tell. And ill check my Target for a Jiggs...

Yikes. And I thought my store's stock was bad...

Saw like 10 people at toys r us, I'm going with my gut and saying greninja will be 30+ at my toys r us

I went home to eat and will go back at 9;40 since I'm 5 minutes away

Please someone get me an extra Jigglypuff that is one of my favorite Pokémon I have a green ninja to trade or money thank you!

If I strike out on greninja I'll pm you :)

MashKing

Oh man I lucked out big time. My Target had a limit of 2 of each per person.

I was able to get everything but Robin and they didn't even get shipped any lucina.

All I reallly wanted was pac man but I love those other guys too! Went way better than wave 2 and 3 for me.

FaintDeftone

Good luck to everyone! I already got Ness by preordering from Amazon UK. I'm not even going to bother this time. I'm extremely tired of fighting this fight. I'll just grab what I can easily off of the shelf when I stop into stores and keep it at that.

I'm going to go to Best Buy and snag Splatoon today. Maybe I'll get lucky and grab some new Amiibos but I'm not giving my hopes up.

kunonabi

Well my Splatoon 3-pack shipped out from best buy yesterday so today I just need to hunt down Pac-Man and Lucina. I have to take my dad to the airport and pay a ton of bills so I'll see how things go. It would be nice to grab them at Best Buy when I pick up Splatoon but I doubt things will go that smoothly. At some point I'm going to need to import Toad though.

Hatchtag

Banned
Missed out on Lucina, Robin, and the 3-pack because holy shit there was actually a line. Still picked up Jigglypuff (second to last one). One of the workers made a joke about nobody getting Pac-man so I decided to get him too. For what it's worth, it was super organized. Single file line, two employees working distribution, 3 or 4 working cashiers. Two amiibo per customer.

Debating if there's any chance of getting Lucina/Robin/the 3 pack/other exclusives by going out again or not.

Morts

Did Amazon never take preorders for this wave? I haven't been paying super close attention since this wave has nothing for me.

Nia

Success. The trial of obtaining Jigglypuff has come to an end. They said I could be guaranteed a Silver Mario also, so I decided to get one for any here who were unable to get one. Let me know.

Thoraxes

For future waves I'll definitely go to these other Targets around me. So nice and organized. I love that we all kept to the single file line too! Besides Greninja I'll try for some extras so wish me luck!

Nighteater

Neo Member
Jiggly and Silver Mario get! Wave 4 complete as long as TRU ships greninja.

Gotta give it to target. They had the amiibo at the cs counter so no one had to do any running. Plus they were watching in case anryone tried to cut. Happy day!

And they had plenty of jigglys leftover after everyone checked out, way more than 4. They wouldn't even let us buy more afterwards. Told one guy if he wanted more to go to a different target lol

LiK

I'm guessing stores are more prepared for the rush and lines this time. Seems like most people are having pretty good experiences at stores except when they sell out.

Anyone know what to expect from TRU in regards to the three pack? Would probably get there an hour after opening. Only one I care about.

Kenai

ROBIN + LUCINA GET (Indy Southport)

Got to my Target super early since I had to walk (3:30ish). There was a tent off to the side but I was not really familiar with etiquette regarding tents as line placeholders so I just sat in front of the door at the same spot as the Rosalina week line, figured they'd join me when they woke up. I guess everyone else who showed up after went behind the tent, or they woke up before more people showed up and just didn't move, i couldn't really tell from where I was.

I almost felt bad cause I was probably? cutting but then when the Target guy came out to explain everything the tent people immediately started whining about the buy limit so I pegged them for scalpers right then and felt much less bad. This Target was super organized and had them all behind the electronic desk with several people on staff, mostly large gentlemen who looked ready to knock heads if there was trouble.I am guessing there was about 30-40 Jigglys and 6-12 of everything else, maybe a few more of Silver Mario. I am also guessing there were nearly 50 people in line by the time it opened, so if they are all gone already I would not be surprised.

Definitely had less fun than at Rosalina event (and by less I mean almost zero) but it's over and I got what I wanted and the full Teamu FireEmbremu USA is mine. Might just barter my extra unicorns for Olimar and DHD so I don't have to do this again, pretty tiring.

Hope everyone else had some luck. Good night...morning, w/e, zzzzz

I'm guessing stores are more prepared for the rush and lines this time. Seems like most people are having pretty good experiences at stores except when they sell out.

One dude was mad salty at Target because he didn't get Robin/Lucina. He wasted time yelling at Target Team Members and now he's pushing his way ahead in line here at TRU. He's trying to get at least two spots ahead so me and #8 are gonna speak up when they come out.

Kazoo22

Neo Member
Managed to snag a Jiggly at Target. Feels good. Probably go back to bed now.

Good luck to everyone else this morning.

P.S.
If anybody manages to get an extra greninja, I'm willing to trade a Falcon, Pit, Metaknight, or Rosalina (Euro Version) for it.

Good guy TRU is letting 3 in at a time early so they can get us out of the way before actually opening. Smart management seems to have stricken my area since the last wave shenanigans

Got my Jiggly, my mom was awesome enough to get Greninja (if the numbers are right), so with that in mind, mission complete

Im terrified of Wave 5 though D=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom