• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

_woLf

Got in line at Fred Meyers at 6:30am, they opened the doors right at 7am, walked in and got Robin, Lucina, Splatoon 3-pack, and Pac-Man.

I was second in line. The third person in line managed to get a Robin, too. Drove past Target at 7:15am, saw the super long line, and smiled as I went on my way.

Briarios

Toys R Us did pretty well here. They had everything but Lucina & Robin when I arrived. Picked up Greninja ... they did it great by handing out product tickets.

Managed to get a Jigglypuff at Target and run over to Tous R Us and get a Greninja. Had to line up for both of them but the stores were good at making sure it was 1 of each character per person so that their stock lasted at least for the exclusives.

With that Wave 4 complete, onto July for wave 5 haha.

THAT'S going to be fun, a wave with two Amiibo.

(likely there will be more, I could see Gdub, Falco, ROB, and Duck Hunt coming out next month too as retail exclusives. I can't imagine Nintendo wants to drag the Smash line out much longer especially with the impending DLC characters.)

I completely agree. I'm willing to pay scalper prices to not have to deal with this ever again. It's just sad.
Same here. I actually went through with buying Jiggly and Greninja from Play Asia. Both were much more than I hoped to pay but they're already shipped and on the way and I didn't have to spend 2+ hours in line in crappy weather with no guarantee of getting either.

Got in line at Fred Meyers at 6:30am, they opened the doors right at 7am, walked in and got Robin, Lucina, Splatoon 3-pack, and Pac-Man.

I was second in line. The third person in line managed to get a Robin, too. Drove past Target at 7:15am, saw the super long line, and smiled as I went on my way.
Yeah I wish I could've picked up each one there but I refrained from picking up doubles. I'm going on vacation in a few days though so I'm getting my parents to pick up my packages while I'm gone. lol

Sabas

Banned
Brother and I were first in line at Target, grabbed a Robin and Lucina each. Hoping to snag a silver mario and charizard on Amazon later today.

TRU saved my buns. Target we asked them about their ad and since there was 10 of us, they said 2 total was fine instead of one. I got Jiggs and Silver. I could have got Lucina and Robin, but the guy behind me was looking for them for his son, and I have them coming from GameStop hopefully.

TRU I managed to snag Greninja, Silver and a Pac and Charizard. Target couldn't find the Splatoon guns, so they said call later and come back to get it.

Not a bad haul. Ness, Lucina, Robin and the 3 pack are coming from GameStop and worst case is trading one of my extras for what I need.

Walmart emailed me back, said that my orders experienced an error and got stuck in processing. They never processed correctly so the items are all sold out and none were allocated to me. Awesome.

If anyone has Walmart orders stuck in processing still you're probably not getting them. Email them and find out what's up. They didn't even offer me anything for my trouble, pretty irritated.

LegendX48

There was a line of...I don't know, 15-20 people at Target when I rolled up a few minutes before opening. They were only supposed to have 3 of the Splatoon three-packs, and since that's all I was looking to buy, I didn't bother waiting.

On a lark, I went back around two hours after opening, and lo and behold, there was still one Jigglypuff on the shelf, a pair of Splatoon three-packs, and a handful of the individual Inklings. Great success!
Nice, hoping I have similar luck, can't check target for another couple of hours.

I went by Target on the way to work to see if they had any Silver Mario, they didn't. Oh well. They had two Jigglypuffs and a Wario. I probably should have grabbed a Jigglypuff for an amiibro here but I thought it might be better to leave it for someone who really wanted one. Then again, a scalper will probably pick it up. amiibo is suffering.

My Ness, Lucina and Robin have all shipped though so I'm happy.

While target ruined my morning, toysrus saved it. I was about 20th in line and managed to grab robin, charizard, greninja and silver Mario with ease. They had a whole pallet full of amiibos and they were ready for us. In and out in less than five minutes. Polar opposites.

Rocky

Banned
Walmart emailed me back, said that my orders experienced an error and got stuck in processing. They never processed correctly so the items are all sold out and none were allocated to me. Awesome.

If anyone has Walmart orders stuck in processing still you're probably not getting them. Email them and find out what's up. They didn't even offer me anything for my trouble, pretty irritated.

My Charizard is still processing, but the expected arrival date is Jun 5. Same for my Silver Mario from this morning.

Marvie_3

Banned
Went to the 3 targets near me today. Tried the 2 crappy, out of the way ones first and all I could snag was a silver mario and a pacman. After that I figured I'd give the other one a chance. Went to the nicer and much busier one not expecting to find anything at all and they had like 40 jigglypuffs and lots of the rest of them except robin/lucina. Couldn't find a Splatoon pack at any of them but I got the two individual ones just in case I can't find a 3-pack at some point.

Now to spend the rest of the day playing Splatoon. :D

well that would be awful. I have a few under my email and a few under my daughter's. None have been sent. I guess I will email but that would be crazy.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My Best Buy had like 20 Silver Marios.

In case people strike out later, I have a Robin I don't want and I still need a Rosalina if you want to trade.

Keldor

I got lucky and got one of everyone at Target. Got the last Robin, Lucina, and Wario. Hoping to find a Greninja at TRU. Also got an extra Jigglypuff to use as trade for hopefully someone that has a Ness.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Popped in a Wal-mart on the way to work for the hell of it. As expected, no sign of any of the new wave.

I'd like to get the Splatoon 3 pack, but won't put any effort into it beyond giving amazon a try tonight if I get a chance (have a colleague's wedding and reception--but should be over by then).

MADGAME

Wow, my Best Buy orders shipped yesterday evening and say out for delivery today. WTF? Looking at the history, they originated in California last night, made it to Kentucky around 2am, then Missouri about 5am, then out for delivery a little after 6am in St. Louis.

Holy crap that's fast.

StAidan

Amazingly, I managed to snag Robin and Lucina at Fred Meyer this morning on my way to Target (which I knew from Brickseek wouldn't have either one). Once again I have successfully avoided resorting to eBay for my collection! No one thinks to check Fred Meyer.

I was #6 in line at Target, a total of 9 people showed up. Most folks were pretty cool, but I could tell the two guys in the back were bad news. They were real quiet and the only thing I heard them talking about was how much money they made reselling.

Sure enough, the doors open and everyone's calmly keeping their place in line, and these two guys make a break for Electronics as soon as they're in the clear. Of course, now everyone starts running. One of the girls in front of me is yelling "THERE WAS A LINE! THERE WAS A LINE! WE NEED A MANAGER!" while running toward the back of the store.

It was total chaos once we got to the amiibos, every man for himself grabbing their 2-amiibo allocation.

Anyway, I got out of there with a Jigglypuff and a Silver Mario. If I see those 2 guys anywhere else, I'll be sure to call them out to everyone else in the line.

brinstar

Wow, everything went super smooth for me. Got Lucina, Robin, Jigglypuff, Greninja and the Splatoon pack without having to wait in any lines.

HardRojo

Just like Ike and Marth yea. Silly too seeing how they have game compatibility beyond Smash.

I might get 1 more of each when I go to the store to pick my Silver Marip up in about 2 hours. A couple of friends might not be able to get them and they are into Fire Emblem, unlike me.

Walmart online chat told me this
Tenesha L.: It looks like this order was a pre-order? Correct? Our pre-order's for this item is scheduled to ship out Today May 29, 2015, and June 01, 2015. Everyone who pre-ordered this item in April is going to receive them this month. The order is doing great.
Tenesha L.: The estimated delivery date is June 05, 2015.

So dont lose hope maybe

I only missed online pre-orders for Greninja and Silver Mario. My wife was able to get them both this morning, so I'm still a perfect 47/47, all US, all at retail.

1up

Today I woke up with not a single wave 4 preorder, but luck was on my side.

Y4P7BjN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom