• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I went to grab something to eat.
So how was it guys? How many miliseconds did Robin last?

60,000 milliseconds, roughly

I suspect they're making significantly more pieces of furniture than there are Animal Crossing characters, and there are a lot of Animal Crossing characters.

Well regardless of the logistics of making NFC things to match the DLC they want to put into the game, I don't think the thirst for cards will be nearly as real as that for figures.

ameleco

I got Robin and Lucina.

I got Robin and Lucina.

(and Ness, Jigglypuff, Squids and Pac-Man, but those were easy).

I can rest.

The struggle is over.

I'm.. I'm coming home.

I was able to get Ness during the preorder nightmare from gamestop somehow. I'm curious though. Did your store just have a lot of him, or what?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Well, I missed Robin. My nephew got Splatoon and I was having too much fun. Well, I got Robin from Japan so I'm good.

Briarios

I'm glad this is over ... it was exhausting.

I ended up with the Splatoon 3-pack shipped from Gamestop, a Greninja from TRU this morning, found a Charizard in Walmart this afternoon, and got the Lucina & Robin orders on Amazon. Also got a Pac-Man at Wal-mart, but I'm returning it so someone else has a shot at it.

I bought more than I expected, but I know they'll disappear at some point ...

I was able to get Ness during the preorder nightmare from gamestop somehow. I'm curious though. Did your store just have a lot of him, or what?
I did the preorder nightmare too.

The problem was I was being nice and asked to only preorder the ones I wanted, so the lady at the register skipped me to checkout all the bundles first.

Then. Despair.

It's frightening how much this works right now.

ameleco

I did the preorder nightmare too.

The problem was I was being nice and asked to only preorder the ones I wanted, so the lady at the register skipped me to checkout all the bundles first.

Then. Despair.

It's frightening how much this works right now.

That's terrible :(

Draxal

It has been done. Thanks Cyan!

Cool beans. Thanks!

Might need to diggify this as well!

tumblr_nm7r0zZwb91s9oa44o1_1280.png

Wish I could find one with Male Robin but oh well.

Kirye

Computer self restarted just before Robin went up...

Be honest guys, one of you hacked into my computer ensuring I wouldn't get a Robin. :(

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So Amiibogeddon is over? How was the hunt, everyone?

it's over, it's finally over

except for those of us who begrudgingly resign themselves to eBay listings and walletary* despair

PudgyBunny and I got everything we wanted in online preorders, though. Got Silver Mario in person at Toys R Us on an impulse. Passed on Greninja, but still got one to trade. Got a second Jiggly and a second Lucina for trades (all of those are spoken for, BTW). We somehow made it through unscathed, mostly through her hard work and relentlessness. She's amazing.

*walletary = relating to the wallet; not a real word

Well that's stupid of them.

Whoever is responsible should be disciplined.

Yeah, sucks, I mean it was a few dollars more but I really wanted it and now I wont be getting either one of them..so people here who are all excited about tigerdirect are about to get a rude awakening cause they wont be getting any amiibos from them..seriously tigerdirect sucks..if you dont have the product dont place it on your site and say you have it

Well thats that.

I got Lucina and Inkling Girl. Missed Robin. Lucina was my most wanted so I am quite happy. Will never get Robin, but thats okay, atleast I got Lucina.

Wanna get Pac-Man, who is still up but money is tight and he is common and $5 extra when you addon shipping so I'll wait a bit.

Also got Shulk if GS ever ships the thing.

Brings my total to 16 Amiibos. Thats like half my money (For non food/bills) so far this year. I could use it on games. What is wrong with me.

But this may be it for me. Due to various things money is getting tighter. I can't get Splatoon until atleast July sadly, maybe even August since the central air conditioner cracks my WiiU gamepad so I had to put both it and Vita away until after we move in July. (Thankgod my 3DS seems to be holding or else I'd have nothing.) But with Splatoon, Dangan Ronpa, Corpse Party Blood Drive, Neptunia 3, Mutant Mudds, Smash DLC, and Yoshi the rest of my spare money is probably going towards games for the rest of the year. So this may be my final Amiibos. Will try and get Palutena, G&W, and Duck Hunt if I can at MSRB otherwise I think I'm out.

Had a good run until I got poorer. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom