• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be a little better but it's still mostly pathetic.

thats what happens when you got make production for 50+ characters 2 months to produce isnt enough time to make alot of all the characters in each wave equal stock especially when some are way more detailed than others.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
ROB and duck hunt dog are gonna be my last ones... I still have an actural rob somewhere in the house... It needs a mini-me

--

I forgot I'm getting squid girl & boy from walmart....I have no need of them anymore

-Horizon-

Complete Amazon fail for me.

I got Splatoon 3 pack from BB and it shipped out.

I got Charizard and Greninja shipped out from TRU.

I'm hoping to swing by Target tonight to see if I can shift through the wreckage of this AM if there's anything left.

I have Lucina and Robin on PO from Yessasia, but not sure if those are going to pan out.
Has your TRU order charged your card or whatever yet?

Codeblue

thats what happens when you got make production for 50+ characters 2 months to produce isnt enough time to make alot of all the characters in each wave equal stock especially when some are way more detailed than others.

Let's not pretend that this is the best way they could have handled all this.

I think of the upcoming ones, I just want Zero Suit Samus, ROB and Duck Hunt Dog.

Zero Suit is going to be struggle, huh?

OH CRAP. Forgot about Dark Pit and Palutena.

I hate this game. I don't even play Smash.

I haven't touched Smash or even used amiibo with it since Wave 1 I think :lol

I'll probably cancel my amazon uk orders

At the moment I just want game and watch , Dr Mario , duck hunt dog , rob and olimar but I'm an addict so I might try to get the rest lol

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably cancel my amazon uk orders

At the moment I just want game and watch , Dr Mario , duck hunt dog , rob and olimar but I'm an addict so I might try to get the rest lol

YOU LEAVE THOSE PRECIOUS ORDERS ALONE FRISKY

I tell ya hwat

I must have been really luck with Lucario. He came in a massive box. It was almost comical how big it was compared to how small the amiibo package was.

Not as big as my box!

Lools the cancelation email arrived faster than the order confirmation. Silly tiger.

Funny thing i never received a cancellation email, I just know its not coming cause lucina is on back order and robin, which I used the same amex card, says pending review, like all of a sudden now there is a problem with my card LOL

Let's not pretend that this is the best way they could have handled all this.

Im not pretending anything but to get all the figures for smash out in 1 year production on certain characters have to be less than others sadly thats just how it is nintendo isnt giving themselves enough time to make massive stocks of each character before having to move onto producing characters for the next wave.

Velcro Fly

They end up putting out like 50 smash amiibo in a year

Should have just sold a yearly subscription.

One amiibo per week sent to your house for a small fee of like a grand or something. Covers the amiibo, appropriate sales tax, and shipping.

Seriously tons of people would have probably done it.

Sushigod7

Wonder if Amazon is still going to post those totals, would love to see them for FE characters.

I do think it was better, but it still wasn't enough, heh.

The 3 stores I hit today didn't have very good stock of anything. 2 of the 3 were sold out by 20 people even with limits. Even with Nintendo acknowledging the problem they didn't fix it.

Velcro Fly

We should have made a game out of who can get cancelled by TigerDirect the fastest

I would have lost for sure. It's been 15 minutes and still nothing yet :(

yeah got some bad news for you, its not gonna happen..it says add to cart but they dont have any in stock..did an online chat with them, same situation that occurred with lucina it just doesnt exist and should never have been put on the site to begin with

Shiiiiiit. For real? I just looked up my order status and it's back ordered. Never got a cancellation email. Did they ever have Robin/Lucina?

RootCause

Funny thing i never received a cancellation email, I just know its not coming cause lucina is on back order and robin, which I used the same amex card, says pending review, like all of a sudden now there is a problem with my card LOL
Mine came up around the time people started mentioning the cancelation emails. I knew there was something up when I couldn't even track it.

Im not pretending anything but to get all the figures for smash out in 1 year production on certain characters have to be less than others sadly thats just how it is nintendo isnt giving themselves enough time to make massive stocks of each character before having to move onto producing characters for the next wave.

It doesn't help that Nintendo is making new amiibo lines while the Smash series is going. SMB series, Splatoon, Yarn Yoshi. And these newly announced series so far have had much better stock than the Smash series.

Fox Mulder

Wonder if Amazon is still going to post those totals, would love to see them for FE characters.

The 3 stores I hit today didn't have very good stock of anything. 2 of the 3 were sold out by 20 people even with limits. Even with Nintendo acknowledging the problem they didn't fix it.

I went out at 1 pm for some other stuff and peeked at the amiibo section in bestbuy and target, they both had nothing. The real test will be seeing what the restocks will look like, as I doubt the exclusives get much and a few characters will rise up to common levels like usual.

rjinaz

No, Amazon Josh said he couldn't post inventory info. His reply was a misunderstanding.

Shun

We should have made a game out of who can get cancelled by TigerDirect the fastest

I would have lost for sure. It's been 15 minutes and still nothing yet :(

It's been 6 hours so far since I've gotten confirmation from Tiger Direct. No cancellation so far outside of it saying "backordered".

Vena

It doesn't help that Nintendo is making new amiibo lines while the Smash series is going. SMB series, Splatoon, Yarn Yoshi. And these newly announced series so far have had much better stock than the Smash series.

Smash will be over soon, and when you look at it... that's been the problem line.

I do think it was better, but it still wasn't enough, heh.

Well, yes, obviously some lines are still fucked, like FE.

Well it was fun today AmiiboGAF but I'm going to go relax and play some games. I think I'll go check a few other stores tomorrow just because. Again, I will say that if anyone who couldn't find a Greninja, Splatoon 3-Pack and would be willing to trade or buy it, would like me to get one tomorrow, let me know. Can't promise anything but I'll do my best. We're all in this together.

Vena

Well it was fun today AmiiboGAF but I'm going to go relax and play some games. I think I'll go check a few other stores tomorrow just because. Again, I will say that if anyone who couldn't find a Greninja, Splatoon 3-Pack, or Silver Mario and would be willing to trade or buy it, would like me to get one tomorrow, let me know. Can't promise anything but I'll do my best. We're all in this together.

Silver Mario is still in stock, no one who wants one will have a problem finding it.

graydient

Neo Member
People getting a backordered status? Mine is saying "In Process":

w4n3hub.png

jon_dojah

Banned
Me and my friend were first and second in line at Target . The line grew to about 25 before doors opened. The guy fifth in line took a picture as proof so no one could cut and say they were there but it didnt matter since Target employees didnt care for the most part and let people run to the electronics cashier which was at the far rear corner of store. I ran since people who were like 20th in line tried to fandangle. Anyway me and my friend luckily end up being 2nd and 3rd in line to make purchases despite the rude people. Also was able to get the promotional splatoon super soaker squirt gun even though it was meant for people buying Splatoon stuff only. The employees there were clueless (in a good way in that situation).

Overall I was lucky but Im never going to camp out at that Target again since they dont impose the ticket system like the other Target I camped out at for Rosalina.

The gamestop a block away had the infamous inventory flyer on its window saying they had a shocking 10 Ness and there were 0 people in line there when I passed by at 1am on the way to Target.

My gets:

2x Lucina 2x Robin 2x Jigglypuff 1x Wario free Splatoon squirt gun

All my online preorders are on its way to my house:

5x Greninja 3x Ness 3x Pac Man 2x Wario 2x Charizard

My luck still alive and kicking. Onto wave 5!

So TRU totally fucked up this morning and lost a box of Greninjas. They offered me either Lucina, Robin, Pacman, and Charizard as "compensation" so I chose Lucina. I went a bit more north and picked up a Greninja. I forgot I already ordered Lucina from somewhere and now I have two. D:

So TRU totally fucked up this morning and lost a box of Greninjas. They offered me either Lucina, Robin, Pacman, and Charizard as "compensation" so I chose Lucina. I went a bit more north and picked up a Greninja. I forgot I already ordered Lucina from somewhere and now I have two. D:

I'll take one. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Bruh! Would totally buy Lucina from you.

Off-topic: Can't wait until Game 1 on Thursday for the Dubs!

ExVicis

Oops, I messed up and ordered Robin twice form TigerDirect. Is it easy to cancel with them or should I just resign myself to having an extra to trade?

Parham

Banned
Man, I feel lucky that Pac-Man is the only Amiibo I wanted from this wave. I walked into a BestBuy around noon, bought it, and walked out. No hassle at all.

Defect

I went to target at 4am and left with Jiggly, Robin, Lucina, Silver Mario, and Splatoon pack. Then I went to toys r us at 9:30 and got Greninja and Marth. My Ness has shipped.

How did I do for my first hunt? Shitty phone picture.

0DTTsoh.jpg

SalvaPot

tumblr-backgrounds-giflumineux-and-small-girls-perfect-oqkvdrnp.gif

Its time...

BG_AbstractArt2.gif

Get in the mood.

Here goes...

The ULTIMATE ~Rarity Tier Chart~

~~~SS Rank: Gone in 5 seconds~~~
Villager (Got Japanese reprint)
Little Mac (Got Japanese reprint)
Wii Fit Trainer (Got Euro reprint)
Gold Mario
Meta Knight

~~~S Rank: Gone in a minute ~~~
Ness
Pit (Got Japanese reprint)
Ike
King Dedede (Has a second shipment coming to Gamestop on Summer)
Lucina
Robin
Marth (Just had a NA reprint)
Captain Falcon
Shulk (Has a second shipment coming on May)

~~~A Rank: In the hands of your friends and foes~~~
Splatoon 3-Pack (Squid Amiibo)
Lucario
Rosalina
Jigglypuff
Greninja
Silver Mario
Fox

~~~B Rank: In a Store hidden in plain sight~~~
Inkling Girl
Wario
Charizard
Pac-Man
Inkling Boy
Samus
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Megaman
Toad

~~~C Rank: Company for a lonely night~~~
Sonic
Sheik
Toon Link
Link

~~~D Rank: Sitting on your shelf~~~
Zelda
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Bowser
Peach
Luigi
Mario

As always, this is a guide and it should be used as such, not as definitive evidence and the list is ever moving, just like my belly. Remember, trades are worth what you want them to be worth ;)

ZugZug123

Got Jiggly and a Squid Girl with a small dot on her nose (cute!). Missed Lucina everywhere but while looking at ebay for her saw a JPN Villager for $27 free shipping and bought it too. All good today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom