• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

prmtyme

Neo Member
I'm jumping back in. I had bought the entire first wave of NA Smash Amiibo figures the day they came out. After that I sort of lost interest. I had ordered a Gold Mario and Luigi for the hell of it but never really paid attention, lurked these various OTs every once and while to see what was up.

Then I got Splatoon a few days ago and today I went a bit crazy.

• I picked up Ness, Robin and Lucina for 150 bucks ( I know ) from a seller on Kijiji
  • Bought Shulk, Sonic and Megaman for 80 bucks on eBay
  • Ordered Bowser, Zelda and the Girl and Boy inklings from Toys R Us
  • Managed to get a Triple pack from the Source online
  • Bought Pac-Man, Diddy and Silver Mario at EbGames
  • Bidding on a NA Little Mac right now.
  • I'm heading to the States on Wednesday for a 2 week vacay hope I can find some figures I'm missing.

I'm about Half Way there right now, but I will have the entire set. I'm pre-ordering the hell out of all the Super Smash Amiibos that come out now.

My current set, all NA figures.

9LK9Adr.jpg

I think I saw Little Mac for 20 something on playasia or nin nin or nippon yasan

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
ugh my robin didn't get here just like i expected, it says they attempted delivery at 8:35 but thats fucking bs as i was home and no one rung the damn bell and i just checked outside and they didn't even leave a paper of saying they attempted delivery, I don't think I'm going to get my damn Robin amiibo, i hate USPS so much, they're so god damn incompetent. Both my Robin and Pac Man were sent out for delivery at the same time according to their site... so why weren't they delivered together!? so frustrated. was lucky enough to score a purchase from Amazon but I might get screwed over now by USPS.

LiK

fuck it, gonna wait Ness prices to go down like with everyone else. not paying close to $50 for one amiibo. $40 is my max limit.

rjinaz

I'm really going to have to bite the pillow on Ness aren't I?

yep. Do it before the prices skyrocket. Just paid $50 for two (sold out now). I will say though that Japan is supposedly getting more in July so there is a chance for the prices to drop back down slightly but I'm honestly not expecting them to get many.

fuck it, gonna wait Ness prices to go down like with everyone else. not paying close to $50 for one amiibo. $40 is my max limit.

might get to $30 this week, mine hasnt got in yet and i chose the cheapest shipping from gamestop and i assume a lot of others have too

the impatient people will list it cheap to sell asap

LiK

might get to $30 this week, mine hasnt got in yet and i chose the cheapest shipping from gamestop and i assume a lot of others have too

the impatient people will list it cheap to sell asap

yea, people are still getting them so maybe not all the scalpers have posted them

So I forgot to cancel a Boy and Girl Splatoon order from Best Buy, and it is showing as delivered, but I didn't get them, and UPS already delivered another package so it looks like the order was lost or something. I'll give it a day or two before contacting Best Buy, but I hope they can just do a refund and not ship out a replacement.

Rockman

Got my GameStop order faster than I was expected and perfectly packed. Now to find someone I can trade this Ness for JigglyPuff.

My Ness was delivered today and looks great. I thought I was done until Wave 5 and then I got an email saying my Shulk I ordered months ago has shipped.

I didn't think it would happen! Hooray Shulk

Chibi-robo amiibo exclusive to game I don't want.

whyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm actually kind of happy about that. It's probably a game I would get anyway and since the amiibo comes with it, I (ideally) won't have to run all over the place looking for it.

You could also just buy the bundle and sell the game.

Velcro Fly

yep. Do it before the prices skyrocket. Just paid $50 for two (sold out now). I will say though that Japan is supposedly getting more in July so there is a chance for the prices to drop back down slightly but I'm honestly not expecting them to get many.

Yeah not getting another Robin really hurts. I would have probably gone 2 for 1 for a Ness at this point.

Fox Mulder

, i hate USPS so much, they're so god damn incompetent.

I know the feels.

I moved to this city two years ago and get the worst postal service I've had in my entire life. Incompetent morons that can't read have repeatedly mis delivered packages or just throw them in front of my apartment door ripe for the stealing. I've complained, but the only way to get relief is move apparently.

My ness and jigglypuff say delivered today, but it's a lie. They might turn up in a few days or if a neighbor brings them to me, might have got swiped from my door. I hope some kid at least enjoys them.

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
I know the feels.

I moved to this city two years ago and get the worst postal service I've had in my entire life. Incompetent morons that can't read have repeatedly mis delivered packages or just throw them in front of my apartment door ripe for the stealing. I've complained, but the only way to get relief is move apparently.

My ness and jigglypuff say delivered today, but it's a lie. They might turn up in a few days or if a neighbor brings them to me, might have got swiped from my door.
I hope some kid at least enjoys them.

this is unbelievable. my robin went from attempted to deliver to delivered... an hour ago it said they attempted to deliver at 8:45pm and now it says it was delivered at 8:46pm... what the fuck man... I'm going to check the salon under my apartment and see if maybe they gave it to them but i highly doubt it since they close at 7. I'm so god damn upset... it looks like they really lost my god damn robin, the one i wanted the most in this wave and one of the rarest... I'm going to have to contact amazon tomorrow most likely... if i tell them to not use USPS for my packages will they do it or will they just tell me to fuck off? i hate these stupid sons of bitches... ive lost hundreds of dollars worth of goods cause of them. theyve lost my god damn financial aid check twice

Armaly

SOON!

dfc48f4263.png

8f793ff998.png

I don't understand Toys R Us. Makes me pay 6 damn dollars for shipping and they end up being the slowest.

71eb60d6ce.png

Thanks toys r us.

Fox Mulder

this is unbelievable. my robin went from attempted to deliver to delivered... an hour ago it said they attempted to deliver at 8:45pm and now it says it was delivered at 8:46pm... what the fuck man... I'm going to check the salon under my apartment and see if maybe they gave it to them but i highly doubt it since they close at 7. I'm so god damn upset... it looks like they really lost my god damn robin, the one i wanted the most in this wave and one of the rarest... I'm going to have to contact amazon tomorrow most likely... if i tell them to not use USPS for my packages will they do it or will they just tell me to fuck off? i hate these stupid sons of bitches... ive lost hundreds of dollars worth of goods cause of them. theyve lost my god damn financial aid check twice

Most of the time it's UPS dumping packages from amazon to USPS for final delivery. Complaining wont do much, hopefully it turns up for you.

I keep saying I'm going to just get a po box after the other times this happened, my fault really.

Nighteater

Neo Member
Give it at least another 24 hours after tomorrow, in case whomever received the package is nice enough to return the package to USPS tomorrow.

kirby_fox

Banned
I remember now why I don't bother with Craigslist...

"What games do you want?" "Oh nothing in particular. Just list all of the games you own for me and maybe I'll find something I want. Maybe."

"I want your Lucario, but I don't want to give you a Ness that I have. Can I trade you anything else even though you never asked for it and mentioned you had everything already?"

Sigh.

Fox Mulder

I remember now why I don't bother with Craigslist...

"What games do you want?" "Oh nothing in particular. Just list all of the games you own for me and maybe I'll find something I want. Maybe."

"I want your Lucario, but I don't want to give you a Ness that I have. Can I trade you anything else even though you never asked for it and mentioned you had everything already?"

Sigh.

I've had people randomly counter with shit like power tools or childrens bikes.

Guys I made a big mistake.

I only got the Inkling Girl. I didn't get the three pack. I was fine with just the girl figure but after getting Splatoon today I want all the ingame content. Lemme buy the stuff as DLC Nintendo. :/

On that note: Inkling Girl looks great...but at long last I got Lucina, one of my favorite characters. Thank you amazon. :)

After thinking about it more, I'll keep Jigglypuff.

Was considering using her as trade bait, but I'll keep my meager collection of Pokémon together.

HUELEN10

Just wanted to share that Gamestop's shipping is shit.

EVERY SINGLE BOX'S CARD BENT.

Thank goodness I don't give a shit about the packaging of these things! Only decent one was Ness, which is for my buddy, and the rest are getting returned this week.

Christopher

Just wanted to share that Gamestop's shipping is shit.

EVERY SINGLE BOX'S CARD BENT.

Thank goodness I don't give a shit about the packaging of these things! Only decent one was Ness, which is for my buddy, and the rest are getting returned this week.

Wouldn't you want to offer them to people here then ship them back?

HUELEN10

Wouldn't you want to offer them to people here then ship them back?
No, I can't. I am already dealing with a trade pile and am finalizing things with people right now, but the rest are just duplicates I got that need to get returned as I bought extras only to make sure I got a good paint job. Besides pac and charizard are common. I have to return them to get my money back, that and I am working with people to trade the rares, I'm no hoarder or scalper after all.

Marth, Greninja, DeDeDe and stuff like that? Currently finding them good homes.

Anime

Neo Member
Any news on a Nintendo World restock for the wave 4 chatacters? if not im assuming they will anounce one when they get jigglypuff.

HardRojo

Pac-Man is every-fucking-where lol. Went to a store before heading to the theater to watch Tomorrowland (waste of money) and they had lots of Pac-Man and some Charizard and Wario.

Thoraxes

Well, thanks Walmart.

I guess it really was fate that the dude at Toys R Us asked if I wanted the last available Robin, heh. If I didn't get that one, i'd only have this damaged one.

Guess I can finally open my first amiibo since wave 1, heh.

Feels bad knowing I have a Silver Mario and Lucina on the way from them later this week too. Yet again, glad I was offered extras of those from being super early.

Well, thanks Walmart.

I guess it really was fate that the dude at Toys R Us asked if I wanted the last available Robin, heh. If I didn't get that one, i'd only have this damaged one.

Feels bad knowing I have a Silver Mario and Lucina on the way from them later this week too. Yet again, glad I was offered extras of those from being super early.

Coincidentally my Robin from Walmart came the same way. Robin was the ONLY one from them that did. Weird.

Jiggs/Greninja/Splatoon pack arrived <3

XDECJor.png

Complete collection so far outside of Super Mario line I don't care for.

Sorry for potato quality photo.

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
Well, thanks Walmart.

At least yours arrived. I wass lucky enough to order one on amazon but they used fucking usps to deliver it and thosr incompentent fucks lost my package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom