• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Here's my BORING collection of amiibo. Only 22 of them.....

20150601_203227_zpslgjikffc.jpg

...arranged in a BORING setup in my bedroom.....

All seriousness, I'm close to needing a new place to put them. Tried my best to arrange them in some kind of way (group franchises together, more childhood-based in front, etc. Actually switched Ness & Fox around to account for height).

....Also Wii Fit Trainer is hiding behind Samus, as I just noticed.

Edit: Darn, should've used my regular digital camera so you could enlarge the bottom pic & glance at all the goodies I've gotten over the years...

ExVicis

I just got Marth and Pit (edit:I don't know why I said Ike when I ordered him not too long ago) today in the mail. The collection grows! Maybe someday I'll have all I want and I can get out of the Amiibo game. I'd post pics but apparently Lucina is tomorrow.

kirby_fox

Banned
If you got all of Wave 4 there's only 13 amiibo left for Smash to be over...15 if you count Roy/Ryu getting one.

Well...then there's the 3 Mii fighters that might be getting one.

Not to mention the potential for alternate costumes like Male WFT, all of the Koopalings, Female Robin, Alph, and the Villager alts...

...and all of the other potential DLC...oh God, we're never going to get out of this, are we? ARE WE?!

Wanderer5

Well my Inkling Boy did arrive today lol, and thankfully they didn't cram him in and bend the top end.

Man he looks really good, through there some marks around his left hand.:/

Now to wait for Ness next week, which I might actually keep in the box for the time being.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not even trading them. Just selling them to people at cost.
Maybe even losing money on them truth be told but eh, only a few dollars here and there.
Would you be so kind to sell me a Lucina if I can't find one in the next few days? My Meijer said they'd be getting more amiibo tomorrow or so, but I fear they won't get Robin & Lucina now.

dankir

I'm jumping back in. I had bought the entire first wave of NA Smash Amiibo figures the day they came out. After that I sort of lost interest. I had ordered a Gold Mario and Luigi for the hell of it but never really paid attention, lurked these various OTs every once and while to see what was up.

Then I got Splatoon a few days ago and today I went a bit crazy.

• I picked up Ness, Robin and Lucina for 150 bucks ( I know ) from a seller on Kijiji
  • Bought Shulk, Sonic and Megaman for 80 bucks on eBay
  • Ordered Bowser, Zelda and the Girl and Boy inklings from Toys R Us
  • Managed to get a Triple pack from the Source online
  • Bought Pac-Man, Diddy and Silver Mario at EbGames
  • Bidding on a NA Little Mac right now.
  • I'm heading to the States on Wednesday for a 2 week vacay hope I can find some figures I'm missing.

I'm about Half Way there right now, but I will have the entire set. I'm pre-ordering the hell out of all the Super Smash Amiibos that come out now.

My current set, all NA figures.

9LK9Adr.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of me wonders if we'll get new amiibo for Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympics.

Hell, if it means we'll see a Sega line-up, I'd be all for it. I'd buy Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman, & Metal Sonic.

.....................maybe Shadow if he was on sale.........

Part of me wonders if we'll get new amiibo for Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympics.

Hell, if it means we'll see a Sega line-up, I'd be all for it. I'd buy Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman, & Metal Sonic.

Oh man. Gimme Tails, Kunckles, Robotnik and Chaos.

scoot3r

Tails would be cool

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hahahahaha, now I kind of want reverse costumes via the amiibo.

Scan Sonic to unlock a Sonic costume for Mario.

Scan Mario to get a Mario costume for Sonic.

Luigi amiibo for Luigi costume for Tails.

Tails amiibo = Tails outfit for Luigi.

How are you guys liking your Shulk? I'm considering shelling out about 45 bucks for him, but...his face is looking a bit derpy in some of the shots.

Is it just to be expected with the characters that have originally more detailed designs as opposed to the "cartoony"ier ones?

kirby_fox

Banned
Oh man, that's great!

What are some unannounced Amiibo's that you guys would love?

For me:

• Tingle
  • Waluigi
  • Birdo
  • Dr. Kawashima
  • Master Hand
  • Magikarp
  • Snorlax
  • Team Rocket

Am I the only one that'd be all over these?

Team Rocket as in the anime characters or the actual gaming characters? I don't see the anime stuff getting anything amiibo wise.

I want all of the past Smash characters to have one too because I'd love to see them all return as DLC. Ice Climbers, Snake, Ivysaur, Pichu, Squirtle, Wolf- even Young Link and Pokemon Trainer.

The fact Chibi Robo has an amiibo gives me hope that all of those (minus Snake) will happen somehow.

Team Rocket as in the anime characters or the actual gaming characters? I don't see the anime stuff getting anything amiibo wise.

I want all of the past Smash characters to have one too because I'd love to see them all return as DLC. Ice Climbers, Snake, Ivysaur, Pichu, Squirtle, Wolf- even Young Link and Pokemon Trainer.

The fact Chibi Robo has an amiibo gives me hope that all of those (minus Snake) will happen somehow.

Yeah guess it's a stretch, but would love a Jesse, James, and Meowth set.

Oh man, that's great!

For me:

• Tingle
  • Waluigi
  • Birdo
  • Dr. Kawashima
  • Master Hand
  • Magikarp
  • Snorlax
  • Team Rocket

Snake
Hyrule Warriors Link
Hyrule Warriors Zelda
Hyrule Warriors Shiek
OOT Link
OOT Zelda
WW Tetra
Ash

Hatchtag

Banned
Oh man, that's great!

For me:

• Tingle
  • Waluigi
  • Birdo
  • Dr. Kawashima
  • Master Hand
  • Magikarp
  • Snorlax
  • Team Rocket

I'd absolutely love the following:
Ridley
King K Rool
Splatoon Spoilers
DJ Octavio
Ray MK III
Hades
N from Pokemon
And because why the fuck not even though it'd never happen, Travis Touchdown.

Somnid

So to cancel my Tiger Direct preorder I had to hold for 40 minutes this morning until I got a rep. I don't recommend it.

Got my Ness from Gamestop today...looks amazing. Will probably take him out of the box soon because I know I'm keeping him and don't feel like setting him in my closet in a box, I want to display him since he was my most wanted Amiibo.

The only ones left that I absolutely need are Bowser Jr. and Lucas. Any others are just icing on the cake.

(He says as he looks at the Inkboy/Inkgirl Amiibos he got spur of the moment despite not even owning Splatoon.)

ZeroCDR

Ness arrived in fantastic condition, GameStop really packaged it well, much kudos.

Jigglypuff though, Target strikes again. Loose in a big box, only a receipt to keep it safe. Needless to say the box got banged up but the figure is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom