• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPS dropped of my GameStop 6 pack and well...they made amazon look halfway decent.

So far so good, all should be fine.

Well shit...

At least these came out of that box of death okay.

Two months waiting for this, what a shit show.

That's how my 6-pack + Ness came. Charizard and one Ness dented, PAC-Man crushed. Wario, Robin, Lucina and other Ness were fine. My extra Charizard shipped by itself and the parcel was beat but he arrived unharmed.

My 2 Walmart Lucinas arrived last night in perfect condition.

3 of 4 trades are headed my way in the mail.

What's the Wave 4 rarity list? I know individual Inklings and Pacman are common, with Ness + FE:A duo being unicorns.

I'd put it at:

Ness
Lucina / Robin (more available than Ness)
Splatoon Triple Pack (higher price, lower print)
Greninja / Jigglypuff (gone now)
Silver Mario (more available but they're gone)
Inkling Girl more popular than Boy
Charizard / Wario / PAC-Man

Gartooth

What preorders are we expecting to go up next in the US? Palutena and Dark Pit seem to be next for release, but Doc, Olimar, and, Junior are next for the rest of the world right?

I'd put it at:

Ness

I forever hate store exclusives. I missed out on all 3 this wave, and it hurts when Jigglypuff seemed to go up once in a while.

I've already posted this in the trading thread but I figured I'd try my luck here since it seems to have more traffic. If anyone is interested in a NIB NA Jigglypuff for a any version Lucina, PM me!

I'd put it at:

Ness

Silver Mario is still in stores and you can buy it off Gamestop and Wal mart online right now.

I need to take my Wario, PAC-Man and 3 Charizard back to GameStop and Walmart and rebuy them at Best Buy with GCU. Boom, cash refund worth another amiibo. Also, $5 RZ certificate and 2x BB points coupon.

I forever hate store exclusives. I missed out on all 3 this wave, and it hurts when Jigglypuff seemed to go up once in a while.

I will always hate any GameStop exclusive.

Silver Mario is still in stores and you can buy it off Gamestop and Wal mart online right now.

I forgot about online sales but I haven't seen it in any store near me which explains its position in my rarity tier. Fairly common with the squid kids.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sooo... I placed my bets on zavvi after people assuring me they would fulfill my greninja order. Still hasn't shipped... I contacted them and they said:

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. amiibo Super Smash Bros Collection Greninja is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock. In the meantime our buyers are trying to obtain this for you from other suppliers.

I have little confidence they are going to fulfill it right now.

So now I have to find a Greninja :/

Fox Mulder

I will always hate any GameStop exclusive.

Gamestop was fine until ness. Shulk was up a while and they even fulfilled orders with a second wave months later unlike the other retailers.

The brutally fucked the ness preorder though, and receiving like 1 or 2 ness figures for release day store stock is a joke.

TheGrue

My daughter texted me a picture of the Wario, Charizard, and Robin that were delivered home last night. I'm out of town until Friday. Should have Ness and Jigglypuff delivered on Wednesday and Greninja on Thursday. That marks all of Wave 4 being in my hands.

Now I guess I mentally prepare to get Wave 5?

1up

Has wave 5b went up on the other amazons? I got ZSS from .de but I didnt get a preorder in for Dr Mario and Bowser Jr. Trying not to camp out again at 230 in the morning.

Gartooth

Gamestop was fine until ness. Shulk was up a while and they even fulfilled orders with a second wave months later unlike the other retailers.

The brutally fucked the ness preorder though, and receiving like 1 or 2 ness figures for release day store stock is a joke.

I'm so glad I didn't skip class to go to GS for Ness preorders. Its fucked up that people waited hours to walk away empty handed.

FaintDeftone

Anybody notice any restocks coming in? I would like to grab Pac-Man at some point soon. He was available on Amazon but I didn't want to pay for the shipping.

I have Shulk on its way from Gamestop, which I'm pretty excited about. Hopefully I'll receive him today.

Also, is the Splatoon squid sold separately or is it only available in the three pack? I have the boy and girl already so I'm hoping I can buy the squid too.

Neoxon

Meanwhile in Australia...
vTtl394.jpg

bumpkin

Sweeeeeeet. Got the shipping notice for my Robin from Amazon yesterday and my Greninja and Jiggs from Amazon Japan should be in this week too.

Still pisses me off that I didn't realize Amazon was gonna pull a fast one and stick the "add to cart" button for Lucina on the "Buying Choices" with all of the scalpers' items until it was too late. Oh well, at least that lesson taught me to do it right when Robin went live.

0_o how? i understand ness cause of the whole stupid web in store crash x only having 1-2 max in store for release day but greninja and jiggly had about 20+ for everyone in stores , at least in Massachusetts, i checked the inventory thing and every store had that number except for a new target

and target opened at 8 am , while toys r us opened at 10 am so you could have gone to both, i showed up at 15 minutes before opening for both stores and was 15-20th in line for both and still got one of each

only doesnt work out if you have a 9-5 job/8-5 job, high school x college you can just skip tbh

fake shortages double confirmed, believe in the holiday flood for NA

Mob

Anybody notice any restocks coming in? I would like to grab Pac-Man at some point soon. He was available on Amazon but I didn't want to pay for the shipping.

I have Shulk on its way from Gamestop, which I'm pretty excited about. Hopefully I'll receive him today.

Also, is the Splatoon squid sold separately or is it only available in the three pack? I have the boy and girl already so I'm hoping I can buy the squid too.

The Squid had an individual release in Japan.

Nin nin have it for approx 25 bucks before shipping, probably get it cheaper if you shop around.

http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japa...latoon-series-ver-wii-u-en-4902370528886.html

PudgyBunny

Neo Member

Yes the squid separate was only available in Japan. You would need to either import a squid from there or get the 3 pack.

Fox Mulder

0_o how? i understand ness cause of the whole stupid web in store crash x only having 1-2 max in store for release day but greninja and jiggly had about 20+ for everyone in stores , at least in Massachusetts, i checked the inventory thing and every store had that number except for a new target

and target opened at 8 am , while toys r us opened at 10 am so you could have gone to both, i showed up at 15 minutes before opening for both stores and was 15-20th in line for both and still got one of each

only doesnt work out if you have a 9-5 job/8-5 job, high school x college you can just skip tbh

I know people that lined up saw lots of greninjas and jigglypuffs at open, but they sold out by lunch when I was out for other things.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone heard anything from Meijer lately? Gonna check today soon & possibly tomorrow and Thursday as well if they don't get any today.

I sure hope that Robin & Lucina weren't one time deals/shipments, especially considering stores like Target didn't even get any.

Freaking out a little bit here, my Play-Asia order for Marth changed from "soon" to "sold", leading me to believe that my order has been cancelled. I checked and it seems to be okay though. Better yet, it has an in stock date of June 18!

Garlador

ARGH!

I got back from a weekend trip and found an email from Best Buy cancelling my order for Pac-man, Charizard, and Wario.

I'm now scrambling trying to find them all for a reasonable price. So upset right now.

I really think the Smash amiibo will be tinkled out in ever decreasing numbers because Nintendo knows they will not sell a bunch more game discs with the figures as a driver for those sales.

The upcoming amiibo for future games, I fully expect them to deliver adequate stock because they will bundle them and bank some mad cash.

Meta Knight Heads up for anyone in Dallas area - Found him at the BB on Parker.

Sales rep says they should have him at the Allen one as well.

Call ahead if you need to, SKU is 1375009

*Story time*

Got there 2 minutes before the store was to open, had asked yesterday and the (really) cool sales clerk had said maybe today. There were 2 guys in line, neither looked like they would be into Amiibo.

Doors open and we walk in, I don't think to walk fast because it's not an Amiibo release date or anything (and these guys do not look like Amiibo fans).

1 dude splits off, is not going to the VG section, other dude maintains his course ahead of me. At this point, I'm guessing he's going for Amiibo, no problem, just one guy if they have Meta. He splits to go down one aisle, not the Amiibo one as I am just about to get into the actual Amiibo aisle. Dude realizes he's off course and corrects himself - directly into me almost knocking me over! I apologize because I'm a human, but he does not and carries on.

Get to the back and I see the holy grail behind the counter! Dude get's to a BB clerk first, but does not know where Meta is.

Talking to the clerk, he said the guy came in yesterday and was going to buy all of them.

All of them? Seriously, ALL OF THEM?!? Dude was a MF'ing scalper!

Good Guy Best Buy people say only one per customer so dude is out of luck. I get one for my son who should be absolutely thrilled, it's his favorite character!

Garlador

Meta Knight Heads up for anyone in Dallas area - Found him at the BB on Parker.

Sales rep says they should have him at the Allen one as well.

Call ahead if you need to, SKU is 1375009

... I was literally there for Comic Con yesterday.
Back in Enid, OK today. *sigh* Such is my luck today.

Fox Mulder

Flappesnapple on reddit confirmed Target will get another exclusive....fuck. I'll definitely be buying NoA products from 3rd parties or used from now on.

Retailer exclusives are going to continue to maximize shelf space. The wiiu is a sales turd and retailers aren't giving Nintendo the room that skylanders or infinity get.

Exclusives suck, but whatever. The issue is exclusives having such a horribly low stock that never gets restocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom