• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Splatoon amiibo of any kind at my local Walmart yesterday. Had one Pacman left, so I snagged him.

And still no Silver Mario nearby. I guess it's no easier to find than Gold was. Want to avoid getting online as I want to get one that doesn't have goggly eyes, and I don't feel like paying $40 like I did for gold on eBay.

//ARCANUM

Nope, not yet. Pre-ordering an amiibo from Target online has always been a nightmare and if you don't get up around 7:30am, you can kiss that amiibo goodbye for eternity. Ness was a complete clusterfuck as well.

and even if you do get it up and pre-order it, they'll authorize your credit card so many times that your bank will cancel your card (thus canceling your target pre-order). (no joke this happened to someone in this thread)

Regiruler

My notification from dv8cag got sent to the spam folder. Whatever, now my squid that was intended to be backup is now shipping. I'm willing to trade or sell it once it gets here (I kept the order in case walmart cancelled so I could, at worst, get all 3 via buying the individual inklings), but it would be higher than at cost (probably about $20) due to the additional fees I've incurred.

Gartooth

0_o how? i understand ness cause of the whole stupid web in store crash x only having 1-2 max in store for release day but greninja and jiggly had about 20+ for everyone in stores , at least in Massachusetts, i checked the inventory thing and every store had that number except for a new target

and target opened at 8 am , while toys r us opened at 10 am so you could have gone to both, i showed up at 15 minutes before opening for both stores and was 15-20th in line for both and still got one of each

only doesnt work out if you have a 9-5 job/8-5 job, high school x college you can just skip tbh

I was in the middle of an exam when Jiggs preorders went up a few months back. Right now I'm doing a summer internship starting at 7:30 each morning, and I dare not try to take time off. :/

It killed me last Friday since I pass a Target everyday to work at around 7.

Hope I can snag Dark Pit and Paultena preorders since those are the last two releasing this summer. No one really cares if I'm on my phone here. ;)

carlos

I'm not that into amiibo ( just have shulk, ness and falcon ), but I'd like to whine a bit about the shipments to Puerto Rico.

That's if those shipments even exist; either the only ones getting sent here are confirmed reservations, or the gamestop/toysrus employees are taking everything as it arrives. The only ones that are in the wild are a few of the common wave 1 amiibos, and nothing else has been released either on the date, or the days after the supposed shipping dates.

I just came from getting my reserved Ness, and I could see the gamestop guy salivating over keeping the other ness's and shulks that came in, since they don't call anyone to let them know their stuff arrived. I asked him as he got my ness out of the box what would happen to the other stuff, and he just nodded his head for a bit.

GG nintendo :(

looking forward to chibi robo, though

Are we still sharing new amiibo? These just got here. My Robin was spared some of the horror stories from Amazon because it just so happened they shipped something else with it that required a large box.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well GS is getting a few more in, including 1 Shulk, but no FE duo. Target said to check tomorrow or Friday since those are stock days (strange they had labels for them, yet didn't get them last week). Meijer I'll have to check after class.

Drago

Flappesnapple on reddit confirmed Target will get another exclusive....fuck. I'll definitely be buying NoA products from 3rd parties or used from now on. Probably time to import a New 3DS from the UK and the games as well, tired of walking around looking like a have a Leprechaun in my pocket lol.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3884p3/new_target_information_jigglypuff_stats_and/

*When Jigglypuff preorders went live, the page received over a million views (second highest viewed item in target.com history clocked in at a mere 20,000)
*Preorders sold at a whopping 500 per minute making Jigglypuff the fastest selling item in target.com history

Damn.

Fox Mulder

NO FUCKING WAY. A million views just for Jigglypuff!? I can't imagine the number of views for Ness that even managed to crash the entire Gamestop servers across the US...

Everyone hit f5 like 100 times.

Gamestop fucked themselves by announcing Ness preorders for the website, while intending to do in store preorders only all along. They had increased demand in store and on their site.

NO FUCKING WAY. A million views just for Jigglypuff!? I can't imagine the number of views for Ness that even managed to crash the entire Gamestop servers across the US...

Plus the employees trying to access it as well. It was a major pain, I ended up leaving without a preorder. I wanted to do the one with all of the amiibo for 80 something. But yeah.

HUELEN10

Plus the employees trying to access it as well. It was a major pain, I ended up leaving without a preorder. I wanted to do the one with all of the amiibo for 80 something. But yeah.

Fuck, now I feel really lucky; didn't realize how bad Web In Store turned out for some.

mssTxWP.png
So I take it you don't want/need to trade me for my Charizard anymore? It would have been polite to let me know so I could move on, especially after I sent you PM's about it.

SeanR1221

I swore I was done but I was just at best buy and saw one linkling boy and one girl. Picked them both up.

I'd rather have the 3 pack but I'm assuming all of these are rare?

I was in the middle of an exam when Jiggs preorders went up a few months back. Right now I'm doing a summer internship starting at 7:30 each morning, and I dare not try to take time off. :/

It killed me last Friday since I pass a Target everyday to work at around 7.

Hope I can snag Dark Pit and Paultena preorders since those are the last two releasing this summer. No one really cares if I'm on my phone here. ;)

Ah I see, bummer to hear that , work x real life > amiibos

Target had plenty of stock though so I wouldn't mind them or toys r us having another exclusive

Best buy sounds awful since I've never tried them yet but the stories I hear 0_o

RootCause

I'm not that into amiibo ( just have shulk, ness and falcon ), but I'd like to whine a bit about the shipments to Puerto Rico.

That's if those shipments even exist; either the only ones getting sent here are confirmed reservations, or the gamestop/toysrus employees are taking everything as it arrives. The only ones that are in the wild are a few of the common wave 1 amiibos, and nothing else has been released either on the date, or the days after the supposed shipping dates.

I just came from getting my reserved Ness, and I could see the gamestop guy salivating over keeping the other ness's and shulks that came in, since they don't call anyone to let them know their stuff arrived. I asked him as he got my ness out of the box what would happen to the other stuff, and he just nodded his head for a bit.

GG nintendo :(

looking forward to chibi robo, though
Wow, that's scummy as hell. I need to hurry up, and pick up my ness. :/
I'd like to know which store you dealt with.

At that point, I think you may as well just pay cash.

Yeah... Pretty much. I promised myself that I wouldn't buy a marked up amiibo but I do have a friend in Australia and he's willing to get a Ness for me when the restock happens. I don't mind paying shipping + cost at all.

carlos

Wow, that's scummy as hell. I need to hurry up, and pick up my ness. :/
I'd like to know which store you dealt with.

I'm not going to call out the store/employee in question, just gonna say it is not in the san juan/bayamon/guaynabo/ metro area.

But yeah, follow those UPS tracking numbers like a hawk and call the store as soon as it says delivered to avoid potential heartbreak.

Wheres my tigerdirect peeps at?

Still havent gotten a cancellation. customer service finally responded and said it should be in stock this week. I still expect a cancellation :/

My Ness came from Gamestop. I almost freaked when I saw part of the box was crushed, but when I opened it up, Ness and the card were in perfect shape. :)

Now, the only one I don't have from the Smash line is DeDeDe. Waiting on that Gamestop restock to fulfill my preorder.

RootCause

I'm not going to call out the store/employee in question, just gonna say it is not in the san juan/bayamon/guaynabo/ metro area.

But yeah, follow those UPS tracking numbers like a hawk and call the store as soon as it says delivered to avoid potential heartbreak.
Got off the phone, and they have my ness. Can't go to the store at the moment.

Haha poor jigglypuff

My bros jigglypuffs came from target and they came crushed , the box got destroyed D:
I'll take pics later but damn, that's like the horror side of shipping

RIPuff

So far none of my amazon UK orders shipped.

From April 15th:
Lucina
Ness

Then Palutena, ZSS, and Ganondorf just updated to the same thing as the above 2: "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Dark Pit is the only one that has a date still.

Ill say this. I was in a job interview when jiggs went up and tried to get it still bwhaha

That said, the interviewer left the room temporarily when I pulled my phone out.

//ARCANUM

So far none of my amazon UK orders shipped.

From April 15th:
Lucina
Ness

Then Palutena, ZSS, and Ganondorf just updated to the same thing as the above 2: "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Dark Pit is the only one that has a date still.

That reminds me I still have an Amazon UK pre-order for Robin, Lucina and Ness.... I wonder if those will ever happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom