• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Decided to check Best Buy after shopping at Target and it's a good thing I did. They had 4 Metaknights on the shelf. Snagged one since I've been missing him this whole time.

The cashier was anxious to get off work since she wanted to buy one herself and was afraid they would be sold out by the end of her shift.

hFkfkQU.jpg

I'd be worried about Zelda selling out as well.

Toki767

Apparently no Meta Knight restocks around me are scheduled. I'm guessing even if they were restocked though, my city is so dense in population that they'd be sold out by the time I go.

Well, I suppose I could just name them all "Inkling," and that was actually what I was thinking about changing them to, but then there wouldn't be any distinction between the Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, and Inkling Squid. Not that it matters, though, I suppose. That's probably what I'll end up doing...but that doesn't solve the issue of what to do about all the other amiibo's nicknames now. >.<

I meant just the squid not the kids.

Edit: Did they do a Meta reprint?

Nori Chan

Decided to check Best Buy after shopping at Target and it's a good thing I did. They had 4 Metaknights on the shelf. Snagged one since I've been missing him this whole time.

The cashier was anxious to get off work since she wanted to buy one herself and was afraid they would be sold out by the end of her shift.

http://i.imgur.com/hFkfkQU.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

should've bought it of her

be a real amiibro

rjinaz

Lucina and Robin's price has gone down slightly on ebay while Ness is over $60 now. Lord have mercy I'm never getting that amiibo. Curse Gamestop and Nintendo at the same time!

Sushigod7

Got my extra inklings today both had box cutter cuts across the whole back of the card and one is bent. What kind of idiots do they have working in the warehouse? These are pretty much spare since i got a 3pk so going to return them I think.

Has anyone here collected a (so far) complete NA set without resorting to scalpers? Just plain been able to buy them all from retailers?

I had a perfect record going until 5/29 and the stupid Target and Toys R Us weekday exclusive shenanigans.

I think Nintendo is in collusion with scalpers.

prmtyme

Neo Member
Has anyone here collected a (so far) complete NA set without resorting to scalpers? Just plain been able to buy them all from retailers?

I had a perfect record going until 5/29 and the stupid Target and Toys R Us weekday exclusive shenanigans.

I have just need silver mario, and wario for this wave.

Josh5890

I broke down and spent $35 for Meta Knight a couple months ago. Otherwise every amiibo I own sealed is NA and retail bought or traded.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair

Yes but that is only because of based Nintendo World. That being said, all of my amiibos are opened.

I am a bit sad. My Robin from Tiger Direct got canceled. :(

I was kind of expecting it though.

On the plus side, a Best Buy 30 minutes away from me is getting Meta Knights tomorrow. Hope I can get one after work!

D-Man

Finally got the confirmation email from GameStop that Shulk has finally shipped and is heading to my place.

Today is a great day.

Tyeforce

I meant just the squid not the kids.
Ah, but then that would be inconsistent. =P

Fortunately I've been able to get them all at stores on launch. I'm only waiting on Ness to finally arrive (the only amiibo I've ever ordered online because I had no choice...ugh), and then I'll have them all together. I can't wait for the Smash Bros. series to be complete, because things will be so much easier after that... Although getting a full set of Animal Crossing amiibo cards will probably be quite difficult. >.<

Pyrokai

So how do you guys find out about restocks?

I literally have no idea how you guys keep up to date with this stuff. I just want to find out any store is getting more of any of them. I need: Greninja, Jigglypuff, Lucina, Robin.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So how do you guys find out about restocks?

I literally have no idea how you guys keep up to date with this stuff. I just want to find out any store is getting more of any of them. I need: Greninja, Jigglypuff, Lucina, Robin.
This thread.

Oh & I guess Reddit & asking the store employees

I've only had to pick up Villager and Marth on eBay. And if I had waited, I could have gotten Marth at TRU on Friday. Still, $40 wasn't too bad for the peace of mind. This is the Smash Bros line, mind you.

kirby_fox

Banned

I'm a Ness away from doing that, though I did have to import villager and Marth. I'm trying to do a trade for Ness atm with a guy who only wants games for trade. Waiting to hear what games he wants.

shandy706

Just got my Splatoon 3 Pack....

...that I don't remember pre-ordering.

LOL

Edit* Also got in Metal Mario and my daughter's Girl Squid.

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
so like... did amazon just rip me off? I ordered Pac Man and Robin from them, I got a box and I thought it was pretty light for two amiibos and i was right, cause it only had one... and it was Pac Man. if they were gonna do me dirty why couldn't they have sent Robin instead? I'll wait till tomorrow before contacting customer support since the website hasn't listed either of them as delivered

so like... did amazon just rip me off? I ordered Pac Man and Robin from them, I got a box and I thought it was pretty light for only one amiibo and i was right, cause it only had one... and it was Pac Man. if they were gonna do me dirty why couldn't they have sent Robin instead? I'll wait till tomorrow before contacting customer support since the website hasn't listed either of them as delivered

Check the order status at amazon website and see if they have different tracking number. If they are the same, then they forgot to add Robin

Velcro Fly

The Chibi Robo game/amiibo combo appeals to me. I definitely want the game. I hope if I miss out on the amiibo that I'm not missing anything too important in the game.

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
Check the order status at amazon website and see if they have different tracking number. If they are the same, then they forgot to add Robin

just checked and it looks like they do indeed have different tracking numbers. its already 8:25 though so I doubt its coming today :( man, i hate USPS, why can't they just send it with UPS? they always deliver my stuff by 4pm the latest. USPS delivers when ever they feel like it and I've had things get lost with them before so I'm not too confident with them delivering my package, especially Robin since if they lost him I'm pretty much screwed.

Unfortunately, my collection is rather international. My Wii Fit Trainer, Lucario, and Ike are all EU, and my King Dedede, Villager, and upcoming Marth and Robin are all Japanese. But I open all mine so it's cool.

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
Unfortunately, my collection is rather international. My Wii Fit Trainer, Lucario, and Ike are all EU, and my King Dedede, Villager, and upcoming Marth and Robin are all Japanese. But I open all mine so it's cool.

why is it unfortunate? besides spending the extra cash for the imports theres nothing unfortunate about it, they're not region locked and all figures so far look the same across all regions, only difference is the number under the amiibos and do you honestly look at that? i know i certainly don't.

kirby_fox

Banned
earthbound x demon's crest x wild guns?

Hasn't responded, he said anything from NES to PS4...not really interested in trading him my rare stuff but if he wants a PS4 game I can grab for $20 used why not? Got another guy who said he'd trade his Ness for Lucario, waiting to hear back now.

...if that was one of you fellow gaffers, you should respond faster so I can sleep easier.

ChaosXVI

Well, due to the greatest shipping error in the history of mankind, I now have 2 Ness amiibos...anybody think I'd have any luck trading for a Villager or anything else hyper rare that I'm missing? I think he's still the highest level isn't he?

Jetku

I spent $18 for a Japanese Marth. That's the only exception to NA msrp

Hatchtag

Banned
Well, due to the greatest shipping error in the history of mankind, I now have 2 Ness amiibos...anybody think I'd have any luck trading for a Villager or anything else hyper rare that I'm missing? I think he's still the highest level isn't he?

If you don't care about region you can certainly get one easily. Otherwise it's a little more iffy but I'd reckon you might be able to get one.

Fuck I was holding off on these but I can't resist any longer. Recently grabbed Jigglypuff, Villager and WiiFit Trainer.

I'm officially falling down this slippery slope. o_O Catching up on rare ones I want from previous waves ain't gonna be fun.

S5R8HkT.jpg

Finally got my 3 pack from Walmart. I don't know how to turn images on imgur mobile lol

Man this looks great. How much was it going for?

batfax

So many people gettin' their Marths and I wasn't even in town when they went up a week or two ago. Such lousy timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom