• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If Target actually is getting an exclusive for Wave 5 like what the rumor says, it has to be Palutena.

Yeah pretty much what we all expected. Guess I'm lining up again since I always miss Target pre-orders. I'll cry if it gets cancelled for whatever reason though :(

I still think Dark Pit will be a Best Buy exclusive.

Wanderer5

"Hey *Wanderer5*, you got a box from Gamestop"

EEEEEEEEEEEH?!

Holy crap I got freaking Ness today even through it was expected to come next week. Box is fine too, so I definitely leave it the way it is, cause maybe I look into trading this guy even through he looks pretty good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well crap, no idea on Target (I'm gonna have to check tomorrow), but Meijer sounds like they aren't getting any more period of the newest wave, & GameStop was getting a few extras (gonna see if I can nab the Shulk for a friend) but none are Robin & Lucina.

I was so hoping to pay MSRP or at least CLOSE. I don't wanna give in & pay 2x or more at this point....

Both my Orders from Gamestop and Walmart came in today.
CAM00417.jpg
And now the Fire Emblem crew is complete.
Unit the FemRobin and Roy Amiibo
Only a handful of Amiibo I need to be on active look out for now (Dark Pit, Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, Mewtwo and Lucas). After that I can be a lot more passive about collecting the things.

Garlador

At this point, for ones like Charizard, Pac-man, and Wario, is it best to wait and see how rare they actually are, pay more, import elsewhere, or surrender myself to the eternal darkness of an incomplete Wave 4 collection?

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
oh thank gawd! I got my Robin. it turns out that yes they did indeed deliver my Robin last night after claiming that they attempted to but failed. what happened was that one of the workers at the salon under my apartment saw that they left the package outside and she knew i was waiting for something but didn't know my name and had no way in getting in contact with me(even tho my apt # was on the label but im not bitching) so she took it and left it in her car(it was pouring yesterday). she saw me coming home from the super market and gave it to me. shes freaking awesome. why usps didn't even bother ringing my bell even once is beyond me but at least that worker was cool and saved my package, otherwise it probably would've gotten stolen or if i was lucky enough and no one touched it, would've been drenched(but i don't think the figure would've been damaged since its surrounded by plastic, just the cardboard box would've but I'm going to open it anyay)

with that only a few amiibos i want now, bowser jr, ganon, mewtwo, olimar and maybe dark pit &/or palutena. I'd say ness too but im not going to spend above retail price, not worth it imo.

Velcro Fly

JP Jiggly arrived today.

Amazon JP had it wrapped in plastic mounted to a thick piece of cardboard all attached to the inside of the box. Best shipping ever.

~$27 or so all total but worth it since I had to work on Friday!

Toki767

JP Jiggly arrived today.

Amazon JP had it wrapped in plastic mounted to a thick piece of cardboard all attached to the inside of the box. Best shipping ever.

~$27 or so all total but worth it since I had to work on Friday!

Yep. That's how they wrapped my past amiibo orders. Seems smart too.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow, the Animal Crossing cards are already sold out on Nin Nin Games after going up yesterday.

IT BEGIIIIIINS

These things are going to be WAY more plentiful than Amiibos.

If anyone finds an extra Meta Knight or have one, I would be willing to pay more than MSRP. The Best Buy that got extra stock today will be sold out before I can make it due to work.

Please PM me! Thanks Amiigos!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
One more day of work and then I will be able to watch like a hawk for Wave 5 preorders!

I know that feel! I mean, unless I slept in, I'll probably have an excellent chance at Wave 5 this time. Access to go online and be able to drive to a local store to line up, if need be.

Vuapol

My Ness arrived today! Box is in pristine condition, and it wasn't a Nerss either. Fantastic. Looks super sharp.

Shulk should arrive by the end of the week. Once that happens, my search is down to two. DeDeDe and Greninja, one day, you'll be mine.

(If anybody has any extras, I'd be interested. I don't really have anything to trade amiibo-wise, but cash is cash.)

Boogiepop

Guys... what's the deal with people on eBay bidding stuff like significantly higher than the Amazon price for amiibo? I guess they just aren't paying enough attention? Also, those listings that are like "Amiibo wall hanger robin lucina ness etc" to hit the tags for rare amiibo, and then they put them clearly in the pictures, are totally scummy. Easy to avoid and obvious, but totally scummy.

Also, I really, really want a darn Robin and Lucina :(

My current desperate offer

RootCause

Poor jiggles. I'd contact target, and at least get something out of it.
My Lucina has been stock in preparing for shipment. ;_; hurry up!

zulux21

I'd like to know on average how many amiibo each wii u owner has. I googled but couldn't find

well you can get a rough estimate.
at the end of 2014 there were 4.45mil wiiu sold in NA
and 5.7mil amiibo

end of march there were 4.65 mil wiiu sold.

I don't have the amiibo numbers for that though but if you figure out how many amiibo launched by the end of 2014 and divide 5.7 by that number and then multiply what you get by the number that have been released this year and add that number to 5.7 you can get a very rough estimate of amiibo sales (as we can guess that the waves each have roughly the same number of amiibo... but since waves are so weird I figured per figure might be better)

I would imagine on average people own around 2 amiibo at this point though.

Fox Mulder

Man, Ace Ventura delivered some of these packages in here.

Got mine today after it said delivered yesterday. The delivery guy gets real lazy if he's running late. Nothing damaged, gamestop packed extremely well with multiple air bags in a big box. Target shipped in a box with nothing but a slip of paper.

Just have to put them on a better shelf or open them now that I'm done with the amiibos I want.

Dragoshi1

The Shulk I preordered at Gamestop months and months ago finally shipped!

I thought my money was lost to the wind, as I never got any emails concerning it and I couldn't find it on my gamestop account as having been ordered in the first place.

I can finally use him in Xenoblade 3D!

Velcro Fly

Greninja and Jiggly are going to be the last two to reach my home.

That waiting for the next wave pre-order itch...

the thirst for the next wave begins immediately

I even considered getting the Mario Party ones when they were on sale last week at Best Buy 3 for 30.

I'm like an addict for this shit now =/

What are the chances of actually scoring these in NA? I had given up on the stress of amiibo but the splatoon ones pulled me back in.... I'm currently missing...

Ike
Rosalina
Dedede

I'm not even stressing the new wave and have accepted ness will prob never be mine at a decent price.

Chucker

My GS told me they'll have Shulk tomorrow, so will the other two in my area. So that means probably 3 total. I'm going to try and really feel it though.

Also! Best Buy sent me a $10 off my next purchase since my "Home Store" has been having renovations done. If I can find the inkling girl there I guess I'll break my only smash rule.

NIGHT-

What are the chances of actually scoring these in NA? I had given up on the stress of amiibo but the splatoon ones pulled me back in.... I'm currently missing...

Ike
Rosalina
Dedede

I'm not even stressing the new wave and have accepted ness will prob never be mine at a decent price.

I've never seen any of those in stores.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Ike
Rosalina
Dedede

Sadly, out of luck. Rosalina was Target exclusive & she's long gone. Ike is a FE character, therefore rare. Dedede was also a bit hard to find, it seems.

Really, the only characters I've seen from the previous wave are Bowser & Sonic.

Fox Mulder

Ike
Rosalina
Dedede

Scalpers are your only hope.

Ike is a fire emblem character, so fucked. Rosalina was target exclusive that never returned. Dedede is my favorite but I doubt you could have ever got it without a preorder.

Ike was just on gamestop yesterday , for like 1-10 minutes i believe

king DDD surprises me, i expect a semi flood

Rosalina was one and done im afraid , only that restock on her launch day , probably gone forever since a super mario series rosalina will replace her

robot

My Ness and Pacman arrived from Gamestop pretty beat up. I'd be super pissed if I didn't open them. The figures themselves are fine, but the packaging was all sorts of dented and bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom