• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Literally everyone is getting their GS orders in today and I have to wait until tomorrow for Ness/Robin/Lucina and Greninja. ;___;

Jawmuncher

Ike was just on gamestop yesterday , for like 1-10 minutes i believe

king DDD surprises me, i expect a semi flood

Rosalina was one and done im afraid , only that restock on her launch day , probably gone forever since a super mario series rosalina will replace her

Still waiting on this. I want my daisy. Why the first line had to be the characters no one cares about besides toad, since they already had a Smash release is nuts to me.

Rocky

Banned
Ike was just on gamestop yesterday , for like 1-10 minutes i believe

king DDD surprises me, i expect a semi flood

Rosalina was one and done im afraid , only that restock on her launch day , probably gone forever since a super mario series rosalina will replace her

At Target maybe, but if you live in or near NYC, NWS gets her in from time to time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Literally everyone is getting their GS orders in today and I have to wait until tomorrow for Ness/Robin/Lucina and Greninja. ;___;
I got my Ness yesterday, BEFORE it was cool.

#Amiipster

Starting to wonder if I'll be able to get Wario later on. Kind of shocked there hasn't been more of him, figured he might've been at least uncommon. Hell, Target still has Diddy Kong of all amiibo.

Still waiting on this. I want my daisy. Why the first line had to be the characters no one cares about besides toad, since they already had a Smash release is nuts to me.

yeah same haha, i mean peach, by the time march came there were 354893598 peaches on the shelf, same with mario x bowser x yoshi x luigi, give me shy guy, birdo, daisy, waluigi
cmonnnn

At Target maybe, but if you live in or near NYC, NWS gets her in from time to time.

i don't count New York/nintendo world store, thats like using a cheat code for amiibos haha

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You'd think by now, Nintendo would allow a price drop on the commons by at LEAST $3 to help get them off the shelves and make more room for the newer amiibo.

My friends really want to camp out next wave after hearing I did last wave. They really like Dark Pit but he's exclusive to Best Buy, what's their track record for having their exclusive on launch day in stores?

TheGrue

Diggeh, please. My Greninja doesn't arrive until Thursday. By some miracle, my Ness and Jigglypuff say delivered (USPS), even though they had been showing they were coming tomorrow.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My friends really want to camp out next wave after hearing I did last wave. They really like Dark Pit but he's exclusive to Best Buy, what's their track record for having their exclusive on launch day in stores?

Kind of hard to assume. Meta Knight had good availability online and was up for quite a while. In stores wasn't too good, from what I heard.

Chucker

I'm tomorrow also. It's been sitting at the damn UPS center 10 miles away since Saturday. It's stupid. MD Here.

Ness and Robin not pictured.
4GeFqX3l.jpg

Lost my game room over the weekend to make room for babby #2. Decided to put my shelves next to my computer in my office.

All my orders have arrived in good shape and I only have one box left coming. It's Ness and Charizard, so I really hope I'm as lucky with this box as I have been with the rest. I'll find out tomorrow.

Busaiku

Bleh, dunno if I should open Ness or not.
I've probably got enough trade material with 2 Meta Knights and a Lucina.

Or did Meta Knight's value drop too much?
All I need in the foreseeable future will be Palutena, Pittoo, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo.
If I keep Ness though, I'll want Lucas too.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Diggeh, please.

Can you dig it?

Bleh, dunno if I should open Ness or not.
I've probably got enough trade material with 2 Meta Knights and a Lucina.

Or did Meta Knight's value drop too much?
All I need in the foreseeable future will be Palutena, Pittoo, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo.
If I keep Ness though, I'll want Lucas too.

Open all they new amiibo!

HiroTSK5

I got Marth yesterday, Lucina and Inkling Girl today, picking up Shulk tomorrow at Gamestop and then I'm Out!

Edit: dammit, forgot Robin, the waiting begins.

ExtremeDev

Neo Member
Hey 'Gaf! I haven't really been around since pre-Smash 3DS rumors and leaks, but I'm going to try to become a regular in this thread as I have started to get back into the amiibo collecting game. My current short-term goal is to shoot for the Fire Emblem amiibo, but I'd also like to just grab as many of the Smash amiibo as I can!

amiiber%20neogaf%20edition.jpg

A picture of my current Smash amiibo collection.
I'm too far in to back out now.

Toki767

Kind of thinking the rest of the Smash amiibo left are going to be fairly low supply. Maybe not Lucina and Robin low but I'm guessing Charizard or Wario low. Maybe Splatoon amiibo low.

HUELEN10

Okay, returned all my extra Amiibo today, kid lit up when I was returning a silver Mario (there were none left at that store), totally made my day.

So yeah, Marth is in the process of going to a GAFer but I have DeDeDe and Greninja left!

No store save for one gave me shit; saying "couldn't sell them?" Isn't nice. I am returning them BECAUSE I'm not scalping them, seriously fuck that GameStop.
Can you dig it?

Open all they new amiibo!

Hey Digs, sent ya the PM; thanks again for being so thorough!

Okay, returned all my extra Amiibo today, kid lit up when I was returning a silver Mario (there were none left at that store), totally made my day.

So yeah, Marth is in the process of going to a GAFer but I have DeDeDe and Greninja left!

No store save for one gave me shit; saying "couldn't sell them?" Isn't nice. I am returning them BECAUSE I'm not scalping them, seriously fuck that GameStop.

anyone call Dedede from you?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They actually did for a few commons like Mario and Peach.
I think I saw Luigi get discounted at one place (& maybe DK?) & I think Peach at Walmart, but that's really been it.

Seriously, I'd get Pikachu & Zelda if they actually were on sale. & NOT part of a "buy # for $20 or $30" deal.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

Probably late, but did anyone take up the Greninja?

dcx4610

Grabbed Shulk in a bad part of town. Amiibo hunting is getting dangerous.

I just need to find Ness and I'm done with Amiibos.

..until Chibi

...then Lucas.

Sent you a pm with my feedback info from other communities

Got Wario, Charizard, Pac-man and Lucina today after receiving Jigglypuff and Robin yesterday. So close to having this wave. I have Greninja and Ness on order from Play-Asia, but I won't be getting Ness for quite a while since it's from the reprint batch that comes out at the end of the month (Japan).

Armaly

Alright so my 2/3 of my amiibo shipments arrived. Amazon did an excellent job.

Gamestop didn't do too bad. The top corner of my Charizard box came bent and the bottom left corner of my Robin box has a tiny tear.

Wish they stacked them better but it's not all that bad honestly.

Hopefully tru doesn't fuck up my Greninja because he's being traded.

Was supposed to go 50/50 with a friend but he changed his mind and wants Charizard and Wario instead of Robin and Lucina so now I have 2 Lucinas. Hopefully I can trade one for a Lucas.

ameleco

So, it has happened again. Gamestop shipped me the amiibo from this past wave and of course its all damaged. I am really getting tired of caring about the damn box. I almost feel like just opening all of them. Anyways, what are the odds that they can replace my order? Do they accept returns?

Alright so my 2/3 of my amiibo shipments arrived. Amazon did an excellent job.
Amazon definitely did an excellent job! I wish Gamestop did :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I have a feeling that we are going to get good amount of restocks that would release at same time with Palutena and Dark Pit next month.

kirby_fox

Banned
I have a feeling that we are going to get good amount of restocks that would release at same time with Palutena and Dark Pit next month.

The problem I fear with this is if they are tying the production of amiibo together in order to maintain profit. They mentioned that some amiibo cost more to produce than others, but they sell at a loss individually so that amiibo as a whole can be profitable.

I kind of realized after this wave hit that it likely means that those that cost more are produced in lower quantities, so that the loss is minimal. If they are tying production together (so cheaper ones get more made and thus create most profit) then we'll probably never see any decent restocks or a decent wall of figures where you can walk in and buy Robin without trying (or whatever figure costs most to make).

Really makes me wonder which ones cost the most, and which are just being produced with low quantities because they don't think the character is popular.

Got my Gamestop shipment today, thereby completing my collection (so far).

Poor Jigglypuff is alone until the next wave hits. I'm not sure I'll ever open my silver and gold Marios. I kind of like how they even the top shelf out. Maybe once the next wave of Super Mario amiibo comes out...

Still haven't paid over retail except for retail + shipping for Meta Knight.

37BF3A2A-A15B-4121-A4CE-35C8E014EF33.jpg

shanafan

Got my Gamestop shipment today, thereby completing my collection (so far).

Poor Jigglypuff is alone until the next wave hits. I'm not sure I'll ever open my silver and gold Marios. I kind of like how they even the top shelf out. Maybe once the next wave of Super Mario amiibo comes out...

Still haven't paid over retail except for retail + shipping for Meta Knight.

37BF3A2A-A15B-4121-A4CE-35C8E014EF33.jpg

Yoshi fan?

So, it has happened again. Gamestop shipped me the amiibo from this past wave and of course its all damaged. I am really getting tired of caring about the damn box. I almost feel like just opening all of them. Anyways, what are the odds that they can replace my order? Do they accept returns?

Amazon definitely did an excellent job! I wish Gamestop did :(

I don't care about boxes, so i d be willing to trade with you when mine arrive. :)

jmizzal

My Ness may be here tomorrow, I want to keep him but might end up having to trade him for Shulk since playasia canceled my order :(

Shulk is who I want the most

Starting to wonder if I'll be able to get Wario later on. Kind of shocked there hasn't been more of him, figured he might've been at least uncommon. Hell, Target still has Diddy Kong of all amiibo.

I should've taken a pic of all the Warios that I saw at a local Fry's Electronics on Saturday, there were tons of him (and Sonic actually) aside from the other commons.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My collection of doubles. To think I used to have triples of most of these.

CGiu6XSUAAIE5KP.jpg
Soooo uuuhhh....

....how much would you take for both a Robin & Lucina each?

I should've taken a pic of all the Warios that I saw at a local Fry's Electronics on Saturday, there were tons of him (and Sonic actually) aside from the other commons.
Hmmm, maybe it's just my town/the fact they haven't gotten a new shipment yet. But yeah, I imagine in certain towns, he won't be as hard to find, or online as well. Being a Mario franchise character (well technically), I feel like he shouldn't be rare for the most part.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just wait until we get Fire Mario, Tanooki Mario, Cape Mario, Penguin Mario, Hammer Mario, Frog Mario, Cat Mario, Flying Squirrel Mario......

....& then the same thing but with Luigi.

RobbieNick

Just wanted to share that Gamestop's shipping is shit.

EVERY SINGLE BOX'S CARD BENT.

Thank goodness I don't give a shit about the packaging of these things! Only decent one was Ness, which is for my buddy, and the rest are getting returned this week.

But....if you don't care then.....hunh?

kirby_fox

Banned
Just wait until we get Fire Mario, Tanooki Mario, Cape Mario, Penguin Mario, Hammer Mario, Frog Mario, Cat Mario, Flying Squirrel Mario......

....& then the same thing but with Luigi.

You would think no one would want those. But so many people want those to be real, they will happen.

How many amiibo is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom