• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amnesia: Memories |OT| A Machine for Love

pariah164

... I think my game is bugged. I unlocked all the guys' Memories, but the only one I got a trophy for unlocking was Ikki's... What do I do?

EDIT: I went to the Image Gallery, and suddenly, Toma, Shin, and Ukyo's Memories trophies popped up. Still no Kent. I'm getting angry about this. If I have to redownload this game and play through every single route again just to get the trophy to pop, I may hurt someone. I'm still working on the normal end for Ukyo's route.

Saphirax

... I think my game is bugged. I unlocked all the guys' Memories, but the only one I got a trophy for unlocking was Ikki's... What do I do?

EDIT: I went to the Image Gallery, and suddenly, Toma, Shin, and Ukyo's Memories trophies popped up. Still no Kent. I'm getting angry about this. If I have to redownload this game and play through every single route again just to get the trophy to pop, I may hurt someone. I'm still working on the normal end for Ukyo's route.

For the Memories trophy to unlock, you need to have all the guys' CGs. Kent is a special case. If you're following the guide I linked before you'll get it once you're finished with the game. It's not bugged.

You can get is now as well. You need to go to the gallery, find the CG that has 1/2, click replay and choose a different answer to get the second part of the CG that you're missing.

Kirie

I'm one of those silly people who actually played and quite liked Diabolik Lovers, so
Toma's
route really didn't phase me one bit. I like the trainwreck routes for a change of pace, what can I say, lol.

But I'm pretty surprised how much I enjoyed Ikki's route considering
I'm not usually big into the 'playboy' and fangirl type routes, but it had surprising depth that I wasn't expecting at all.
Kent's is really adorable.

Only Ukyo's left to go! I've enjoyed the game way more than many of the other English localized otome releases, so I really hope it sells well so IFI can bring more over so I don't have to resort to always importing. Looking forward to starting Reine des Fleurs afterwards as my copy just came in.

Saphirax

I'm one of those silly people who actually played and quite liked Diabolik Lovers, so
Toma's
route really didn't phase me one bit. I like the trainwreck routes for a change of pace, what can I say, lol.

But I'm pretty surprised how much I enjoyed Ikki's route considering
I'm not usually big into the 'playboy' and fangirl type routes, but it had surprising depth that I wasn't expecting at all.
Kent's is really adorable.

Only Ukyo's left to go! I've enjoyed the game way more than many of the other English localized otome releases, so I really hope it sells well so IFI can bring more over so I don't have to resort to always importing. Looking forward to starting Reine des Fleurs afterwards as my copy just came in.

My feelings are similar, not usually a fan of such characters, but the fact that Ikki wasn't a shallow character helped a lot.

RdF and Hakuoki Shinkai; if I could only have two otome games those would be the ones. RdF looks gorgeous.

pariah164

Joker World completed.

Since it worked well last time... My feelings about this route, in gif form:

BpwSkIv.gif

Storywise, this route was the best, which, since it was the last route, I guess is the whole point.

Ending talk, GO!

Good Ending: Mmmm yissss. GIMME DEM HAPPY FEELS.
So, we learn the whole truth, which is Ukyo is the true love interest, he was in a Doomed Romance™ with our heroine, and they can, because of wordly bullshit, never be together. Thankfully, our heroine forgives him and forces that to change. We finally see Lord Nhil! And then he and Orion end up in the real world with our lovely couple and and and aaaaaaaah. So. Damned. Happy. SO HAPPY. This ending was so gooooooood~. Everything got explained, the loose ends tied up.
This good ending was fully on point, and I left feeling soooo satisfied.

Normal Ending: Baaaaaaaaaaw ;_;
So, our heroine can't forgive Ukyo, and as a result, she returns to life and forgets about him. However, everyone else seems to remember, for some reason? I dunno. But she says her goodbyes to someone she doesn't remember and moves on with her life. Sigh.
So very bittersweet.

Bad Endings 10-16:
This whole route is basically Final Destination in otome game format. So much death. Accidents? Check. Crazy Ukyo? Check. Yandere Toma, YET FUCKING AGAIN? Check. Hell, this is the first route where the character DOESN'T die at the hands of the Ikki fanclub. I must say though, Ukyo's crazy face is on point. Seriously, I mean, shit.

Oh man. This is definitely the perfect final route. Ties up everything neatly, and is the perfect example of the 'Earn Your Happy Ending' trope, and I love stories like that, so Ukyo's route was an absolute dream. The writers redeemed themselves with this route. I still can't forgive them for Toma's route, but this route helps.

As for Ukyo himself, the whole 'stay away from meee' shtick got annoying, and fast, but I understood why he was like that by the end of the game. When he was being true to himself, he was a decent character, and I could understand why the heroine fell for him, at the end of everything. Was he as good as Kent? No. Was he better than almost every other guy in the game? Yes.

Final ratings:

1. Kent 10/10
2. Ukyo 9/10
3. Ikki & Shin 8/10
4. Toma 1/10

Usually, in otome games I've played anyway, the side characters that you can't romance are bland. Boring. Not in this game. The side characters are just as bright and full of life as the main guys. Orion is, in my mind, the best character in the game overall, and I'm still so upset I cant date him.

Side character rankings:

1. Orion
2. Waka
3. Rika
4. Mine
5. Sawa

With all that out of the way, for old time's sake... Screencap time~

Finally! We see Kent in his butler uniform! *swoon*

This screen just made me laugh. Orion popping in upside down just to comment on this pair amuses me greatly.

Speaking of amusing, the manager is great in this route, once again. Waka is just the absolute best.

Art... This art doe. So pretty. So nice. I want mooooore.

With that, the storylines are all done. All I have to do now is side stuff and this beast will be platinum'd. Though I do notice I'm missing a screenshot in the image gallery in the extras section, and it bugs me... Either way, let's get Platinum Trophy~.

Bam

Banned
Loving your write-ups Pariah!

Just finished Toma's route and it was by far the worst one.
Yes, let's stick with the guy who trapped you in a cage. I just...ugh. I was hoping that the main character would at least flip out on him, but I guess even that was too much. Makes me wish we had the heroine from Sweet Fuse in this.

It's finally time to start Ukyo's route. I don't know whether to be excited or terrified.

pariah164

Loving your write-ups Pariah!

Just finished Toma's route and it was by far the worst one.
Yes, let's stick with the guy who trapped you in a cage. I just...ugh. I was hoping that the main character would at least flip out on him, but I guess even that was too much. Makes me wish we had the heroine from Sweet Fuse in this.

It's finally time to start Ukyo's route. I don't know whether to be excited or terrified.
Thank you! These write ups were really fun, and I am sad it's essentially over. I did one last big one for Sweet Fuse after playing it, just about the guys, but I'm thinking about going back and doing ones individually for each guy, just for the screencap potential.

Yes, Toma's path was the worst. THE. WORST. But again, it's a culture thing, I guess.

As for Ukyo's route, BE EXCITED.

Question: for the CG voices, do I have to listen to them all the way through? I've gone through twice, skipping, and I have yet to get the trophy.

Saphirax

Thank you! These write ups were really fun, and I am sad it's essentially over. I did one last big one for Sweet Fuse after playing it, just about the guys, but I'm thinking about going back and doing ones individually for each guy, just for the screencap potential.

Yes, Toma's path was the worst. THE. WORST. But again, it's a culture thing, I guess.

As for Ukyo's route, BE EXCITED.

Question: for the CG voices, do I have to listen to them all the way through? I've gone through twice, skipping, and I have yet to get the trophy.

Ugh, I had the same issue. The guide says you don't have to, but I went through the voices twice witn no trophy. Then I used a guide and listened all the way through. If it's of any help my trophy unlocked on Ikki's bed CG.

pariah164

Ugh, I had the same issue. The guide says you don't have to, but I went through the voices twice witn no trophy. Then I used a guide and listened all the way through. If it's of any help my trophy unlocked on Ikki's bed CG.
I'm in the middle of Kent's CGs and it hasn't popped yet. Uuuuuugh. I'll slog away till I get it; it's the last one I need!

pariah164

Time for our own popularity poll.
Kent is automatically the winner
Agreed.
Kent is the best hasubando.

At least we can all equivocally agree that Toma is the worst.

There are like. Three fandiscs for this game. Hey, IF/DF, get on it. Please. PLS.

Saphirax

Time for our own popularity poll.
Kent is automatically the winner

I approve.

Edit: Three? I thought there were only two. I couldn't refrain myself from reading about them. It's mostly fluff, coupled with some...questionable decisions. It kinda showed that they couldn't come up with anything interesting :/.

pariah164

I approve.

Edit: Three? I thought there were only two. I couldn't refrain myself from reading about them. It's mostly fluff, coupled with some...questionable decisions. It kinda showed that they couldn't come up with anything interesting :/.
I thought there were like, 2 for the PSP, and one for the Vita. Could've read wrong.

Estellise

Just saw that Toma won the popularity poll
W4U39sv.jpg

Yeah, Toma won the popularity poll A LOT. And not just for Amnesia, he was usually in like the top 5 half the time for the any otome game in other poll rating categories.

Kent's always been under appreciated unfortunately. If you've seen the anime, he only gets one episode for his route and then it shoves into Toma's whereas he gets 3 episodes for his story. Kent is my favorite character and route but definitely not as popular as the other mains. D:

Estellise

I thought there were like, 2 for the PSP, and one for the Vita. Could've read wrong.

No you're right. Amnesia Later, Amnesia Crowd for PSP, then there's the two fandiscs together as Amnesia Crowd x Later for PS Vita. And the latest one is Amnesia World for PS Vita.

Bam

Banned
Yeah, Toma won the popularity poll A LOT. And not just for Amnesia, he was usually in like the top 5 half the time for the any otome game in other poll rating categories.

Kent's always been under appreciated unfortunately. If you've seen the anime, he only gets one episode for his route and then it shoves into Toma's whereas he gets 3 episodes for his story. Kent is my favorite character and route but definitely not as popular as the other mains. D:

I suppose Japanese tastes are just different from our own. I honestly thought Shin would be the most popular

Saphirax

And here I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Speaking of - did anyone else get the impression that Shin was initially meant to be the main route? Not just talking about the marketing but how
his route is different compared to others (Ukyo not included.) Spade, Diamond and Clover routes all had a normalish beginning.

Bam

Banned
And here I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Speaking of - did anyone else get the impression that Shin was initially meant to be the main route? Not just talking about the marketing but how
his route is different compared to others (Ukyo not included.) Spade, Diamond and Clover routes all had a normalish beginning.
I'd definitely say that that was the case.
I actually really liked that he was able to figure out that the main character lost her memories so early in the game. Definitely made things interesting.

Too bad that he's kinda bland.

Saphirax

I'd definitely say that that was the case.
I actually really liked that he was able to figure out that the main character lost her memories so early in the game. Definitely made things interesting.

Too bad that he's kinda bland.

Yeah, he was awesome at the beginning but at certain parts and in the short story he seemed to have lost his perceptiveness. Was bummed about that.

I'm quitting trying, possibly for the night. I'm so damn close the platinum, but I'm sick of this shit.

Did you try and get all the voices in one go, without exiting the Gallery? That trophy really is annoying.

Kirie

My feelings are similar, not usually a fan of such characters, but the fact that Ikki wasn't a shallow character helped a lot.

RdF and Hakuoki Shinkai; if I could only have two otome games those would be the ones. RdF looks gorgeous.
I haven't been keeping up on Hakuouki much so I know nothing about Shinkai, but I'll look it up! Thanks for the suggestion :D Got Angelique Retour coming out soon then Code:Realize and Norn9..so many otoge so little time lol

Finished the game! Too tired to make an in-depth analysis but my rankings:

1. Ukyo/Ikki (I love them both for veeeeery different reasons)
2. Shin
3. Kent
4. Toma

1. Orion
2. Sawa
3. Waka
4. Rika
5. Mine

Overall it was a really great game. The localization was also very good. Found a few spelling errors in the main 4 routes, but quite a few (and some pronoun mixups that made me do a double take) in Ukyo's route which was a bit disappointing, but with so much text it's certainly understandable.

Very odd that I ended up liking every single character in some way and really didn't dislike anyone or any routes, which with all the otoge I play is pretty damn rare (Only in certain routes when certain characters caused bad ends did I get annoyed, but in other routes those characters were great)

Now I feel a mighty need to import the other Vita Amnesia games 😩

Saphirax

Yes, I never left the gallery. I went all in one go, and no dice. This trophy is the worst, and it's the LAST ONE I need.

The way I did it was by crosschecking the answers from that guide and then crossing them out until I got all 5 comments for each CG. when I tried just counting them it didn't go so well.

pariah164

The way I did it was by crosschecking the answers from that guide and then crossing them out until I got all 5 comments for each CG. when I tried just counting them it didn't go so well.
I may tackle it again later tonight or tomorrow; I just need a break before I get too aggravated.

Saphirax

I haven't been keeping up on Hakuouki much so I know nothing about Shinkai, but I'll look it up! Thanks for the suggestion :D Got Angelique Retour coming out soon then Code:Realize and Norn9..so many otoge so little time lol

Finished the game! Too tired to make an in-depth analysis but my rankings:

1. Ukyo/Ikki (I love them both for veeeeery different reasons)
2. Shin
3. Kent
4. Toma

1. Orion
2. Sawa
3. Waka
4. Rika
5. Mine

Overall it was a really great game. The localization was also very good. Found a few spelling errors in the main 4 routes, but quite a few (and some pronoun mixups that made me do a double take) in Ukyo's route which was a bit disappointing, but with so much text it's certainly understandable.

Very odd that I ended up liking every single character in some way and really didn't dislike anyone or any routes, which with all the otoge I play is pretty damn rare (Only in certain routes when certain characters caused bad ends did I get annoyed, but in other routes those characters were great)

Now I feel a mighty need to import the other Vita Amnesia games 😩

But if you had to choose between Ukyo and Ikki - who would you choose? :p

I hope Code:Realize and Norn9 don't come out too close to each other. Don't think we have a specific release date for either besides placeholders.

Shizuka

Pariah, you won this topic. I want you in all my future OTs. I'm counting on you whenever Norn9 and Code Realize come.

pariah164

Pariah, you won this topic. I want you in all my future OTs. I'm counting on you whenever Norn9 and Code Realize come.
If you buy them for me, I will be more than happy to provide commentary. My budget is tighter than a steampunk corset right now.

In all seriousness, I'll have to see where I'm at when they release.

Bam

Banned
Okay, serious poll: Best kiss?

As much as I liked Kent, I have to give it to Shin. The one at the door. You know the one.

Seriously.

Rated X for Extra DAYUM.
Are you saying this wan't your favorite?
amnesia_199.jpg

Seriously though, I like the final kiss with Ikki

Estellise

Anyways, I bought this for Vita yesterday. I already played the PSP version but I never played the Vita version before.

CNs1Zk9UwAA-Q7C.jpg

And I'm ready to get started! I'm glad I'll be getting easy trophies for this; the advantage of playing Vita VNs.

pariah164

Anyways, I bought this for Vita yesterday. I already played the PSP version but I never played the Vita version before.

CNs1Zk9UwAA-Q7C.jpg

And I'm ready to get started! I'm glad I'll be getting easy trophies for this; the advantage of playing Vita VNs.
Cute keychains! Hope you enjoy the game~

Anyways, I'm tempted to try for that last trophy, but the majority of me is still aggravated. Mrgrgr.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was wondering why I couldn't find this on steam but apparently the silly TM in the name makes it so that you can't find it. lol

pariah164

Fucking FINALLY.

Turns out, I was an idiot and forgetting that Kent's Good Ending CG had 2 parts to it. Once I did the second part, the trophy popped right away. My third Platinum ever!

Now to transfer the complete save over to PC so I can have room for something else~.

Animekatt

Fucking FINALLY.

Turns out, I was an idiot and forgetting that Kent's Good Ending CG had 2 parts to it. Once I did the second part, the trophy popped right away. My third Platinum ever!

Now to transfer the complete save over to PC so I can have room for something else~.

Congrats! I've enjoyed your recaps with all of the guys. I just started the Clover world, so I'm eager to see how that story plays out. What's your PSN?

Kirie

But if you had to choose between Ukyo and Ikki - who would you choose? :p

I hope Code:Realize and Norn9 don't come out too close to each other. Don't think we have a specific release date for either besides placeholders.

Arrrrrrrrrrghhh such a hard choice ;____; If I absolutely had to choose, probably Ukyo because he kinda gets a leg up because of the story, which is understandable.

Yeah, I hope Code:Realize and Norn9 are released a decent amount of time apart as well.. I've already played Norn9, and while I don't really want to double dip, I will to support more localizations. At least the music in that game is probably some of the best I've ever heard in an otome.

Grats on the platinum Pariah! Just platinum'd it myself :D

As for kiss CGs, I'm partial to Shin and Ikki's. Soooo good.

pariah164

While running a Google image search for references, I came across some Kent screens from the other Amnesia games. Hnnnngh- I want to play them, despite not knowing how to read Japanese.

Top Bottom