• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

There's something I haven't been able to intuit yet, what's the blue aura flash your character sometimes gets? I think it has something to do with blocking stamina recovery?

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
We're seeing a very large number of reports that the Bayonetta codes are now working for North American customers - if you were previously getting the "Invalid" error, please give it another shot and let me know if it works.

I don't want to call it just yet, but it's definitely looking like we're almost there. :)

Riptwo

I preordered the 360 version from Best Buy in Canada an eternity ago and forgot to check the DLC situation, but I guess I'm screwed on the Bayonetta front unless they sell it separately. Kind of makes me just want to return the thing.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
There's something I haven't been able to intuit yet, what's the blue aura flash your character sometimes gets? I think it has something to do with blocking stamina recovery?
Probably elemental attack affinity. I'm not sure what dictates you getting them but yesterday when practicing offline I'd get it during combo finishers if I had a streak going.

chrono01

I'm glad to hear that the codes are now working [for most]. I will test for myself once I am able [within an hour or two].

Thanks for looking into this, RubyEclipse!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
360 group, we should set up a time Friday to play. What's a good time for people? I should be fine after 5PM EST.
This is a good time to practice some fighting game fundamentals!

• You can break out of throws by pressing the throw button with the right timing right as they're reaching out for you. I haven't practiced the exact timing much yet, but if you know the other guy's going to try and throw you as you're getting up, can't hurt to try hitting Throw right back at him.
  • Holding Y (Triangle) activates your charge attack, which has super armor ("blocks" enemy attacks) IIRC. That's one way to block and punish, but you can also escape out of combos using your 360 Attack (Square+X, or X+A). It takes a chunk of your life unless you equip a skill that removes the penalty, and it can be punished hard if your opponent blocks/dodges it, but you're completely invincible until as (maybe just after?) the move hits.
  • If you mean "two or more guys smacking my body around at the same time," then doing a 360 Attack, like in any combo, will knock 'em back.
Thanks for the pro-tips!

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Which character is good for a beginner and has a nice fast speed to him? Leo looks to fit this bill.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
The JPN Bayo code doesn't work on my US XBL account. I'll have to wait for the XBLM DLC. :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I used to think Platinum knew good game design. Then they put in shitty button mash QTEs for single player that makes you start all the way over

Eusis

I used to think Platinum knew good game design. Then they put in shitty button mash QTEs for single player that makes you start all the way over
They're trying to recreate the Samurai Showdown button mashing! Let's just hope it's not really random (though that'd probably be "fairest" for online play).

And the code works on my end, put it in through the Vita! Which is most convenient for retries because it doesn't wipe the code and you can just put the system to sleep until you want to try again.

Roto13

What determines which perk you unlock for getting 100 kills outside of the events in the campaign? Is there one perk per level or what?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
What determines which perk you unlock for getting 100 kills outside of the events in the campaign? Is there one perk per level or what?

yeah

One 100 kill perk and 5 blue concept art safes per level on each side I believe

and the perk is always the same.

Roto13

yeah

One 100 kill perk and 5 blue concept art safes per level on each side I believe

and the perk is always the same.

Is there a list of which perks are for which levels? Because I don't want to try to remember which ones I've already gotten. :p

I'm thinking about getting this game but I wanted to know if there was a difference in versions. I have both systems and remember the bayonetta ps3 fiasco. Thanks GAF!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a list of which perks are for which levels? Because I don't want to try to remember which ones I've already gotten. :p

Lol

I don't know. I just did them all in order to avoid that exact problem.

I'm pretty sure the ones you don't unlock, unlock with rank in multiplayer.

Riposte

The tutorial room music is some the best "training room" music ever.

EDIT: So is it safe to say this game is balanced around teamplay? With such easy infinites...

Foxix Von

I spoke with them when I picked it up and they told me they didn't receive the code and that it could be in the case. Thanks though.

They're idiots. That can't be right. I'm not 100% positive how it works now, but when I worked there a little over a year ago there was either a number we could punch/scan in to have the printer produce a code on the receipt after purchase. That or it would be handled automatically.

Some codes would come on a specific paper slip that we would receive in a bundle that would be handed out at purchase. That however is not the case here.

Do you have another gamestop you can talk to/talk to the manager at the store?

They're idiots. That can't be right. I'm not 100% positive how it works now, but when I worked there a little over a year ago there was either a number we could punch/scan in to have the printer produce a code on the receipt after purchase. That or it would be handled automatically.

Some codes would come on a specific paper slip that we would receive in a bundle that would be handed out at purchase. That however is not the case here.

Do you have another gamestop you can talk to/talk to the manager at the store?
Yep I can go check at another store since its relatively close. I thought pre orders were handled differently though from store to store? I'll give it a shot though so thanks for the help!

Foxix Von

Yep I can go check at another store since its relatively close. I thought pre orders were handled differently though from store to store? I'll give it a shot though so thanks for the help!

Pre orders are, yes. However since this isn't a physical slip so there's not really an inventory on hand to worry about. If I were you I'd try a different store with the same receipt and explain that there was some mix up and you didn't receive the bonus and they won't give it to you.

I know it's possible to print out codes independently of pre orders as well. Someone in here even had a friend print him up a DLC code even though he didn't pre order.

Ferrio

Banned
Where do you get items? I see something about a message about randomizing items or something, but I never find them.

Top Bottom