• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Ferrio

Banned
So I've heard people complaining about Bayo/chinese sisters... but I don't really get why.

Even if she is... outside of cage matches it's pretty moot.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished White Stage 4 starting on the white side, and you do face Max in the end with Leo.

Now I unlocked it in stage select so that's good.

Well I guess you're right then

My bad. I just remembered missing it my first time through because of something weird

How do you change your region in this game? I still have no idea how to access half the options in these lobbies.

Edit: I see you can only do it through custom match settings

Teknoman

Does Ai Rin have some sort of electric stun move, or is that her normal area HP attack? Kept getting stunned in Deathball the other night, but it didnt seem like something that was an HP move.

Pietepiet

I'm on right now. Anyone wanna get some matches going? PSN: Pietepiet.
Also, hosting a game puts me in the Japan region since I have the JP game. Thinking about buying the EU game now. Hmmm..

Jawmuncher

I'm actually enjoying the SP enough for what it is. Wasn't expecting anything amazing but it more than gets the job done. Especially for the 30 it costs.

Anyway is there any reason to play both campaigns from the beginning? Are there 2 different endings? Since I'm assuming no matter who you start with you'll get all the characters aside from gargoyle. Dunno what red side is though.

Roto13

I'm actually enjoying the SP enough for what it is. Wasn't expecting anything amazing but it more than gets the job done. Especially for the 30 it costs.

Anyway is there any reason to play both campaigns from the beginning? Are there 2 different endings? Since I'm assuming no matter who you start with you'll get all the characters aside from gargoyle. Dunno what red side is though.

One or two cutscenes are slightly different, but it's basically the same. Playing both unlocks Gargoyle as a playable character.

hmm game freezes in multiplayer on my ps3 (bought it new in Sept 2012)

edit

yep happen again. Try to join a player lobby game and freezes at the same spot.

didn't freeze at all in single player

Roto13

I started a Hard Mode playthrough but I've noticed that the game doesn't play by the rules any more so screw that. Baron's guard just refused to break while I was pummeling him in Rampage mode.

Ferrio

Banned
When can you breaks, I'm having mine broken during the animation after the throw lands. Is that how long you actually have to break them, or is that lag just catching up to a broken throw?

TGMIII

I started a Hard Mode playthrough but I've noticed that the game doesn't play by the rules any more so screw that. Baron's guard just refused to break while I was pummeling him in Rampage mode.

Start the rampage attack and then stop right after, throw them and then follow up with a clean rampage attack when they try to roll. Worked for me so far in hard mode. Sometimes it can be tricky to connect mid screen but it works pretty much every time when you're near a wall.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
When can you breaks, I'm having mine broken during the animation after the throw lands. Is that how long you actually have to break them, or is that lag just catching up to a broken throw?

It depends on the characters throws, I break them pretty far in sometimes.

When are we playing again I want to 100% you with my middle name.

Mechazawa

So, outside of the stupid and weird quirks with the online setup that this game has which makes finding matches a bitch, the combat in this is basically perfect. So, so, SO much fun.

Except for "rampages" being dictated by whoever can button mash the hardest. I hope whoever thought that up and decided to ultimately implement it would die a slow, painful death and be resurrected again so that they can die another slow, painful death. SHIT BE TERRIBLE.

Riposte

Not only is the music really good in this game, it is very effectual in multiplayer. Every song switch is a second wind. It is such a big factor in the game's mood. I don't believe in bringing in custom soundtracks into this game, of all games.

I'm going to put this game down for a week, but I'm excited to get back into it eventually. Haven't really touched the single player outside the rather challenging first boss fight of White side (on Hard).

Pinkuss

Got this today, love playing a proper gamey game. If anyone wants to play on 360 I'm Pinkuss. Did try and get in a few online games but took a while to get a few people together.

Was nice looking around the shops in town too; even Game had this on it's own shelf and seemed to be pushing it.

Himself

Sitting around waiting for a Death Ball lobby to fill up blows. I hope/wish more people buy/bought this game cuz it kicks ass. Rin Rin is slamming hot tho.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
People still not getting their facts straight about how unlocks work

Other than that I'm not surprised. I do think the single player content is extremely weak, which is the opposite of what Platinum's playerbase has come to expect from their products.

and multiplayer products always tend to get really shallow reviews in the gaming press.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
IGN shouldn't be calling the game a technical mess on the effects when the review web design looks like technical mess itself. >_>

Ferrio

Banned
I need to try deathball, haven't done that or battle royal yet.

I wish I could find more cage match or 2v2s... so many "No games found" for those. Seem most people do team multiplayer.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I need to try deathball, haven't done that or battle royal yet.

I wish I could find more cage match or 2v2s... so many "No games found" for those. Seem most people do team multiplayer.

are you on PS3?

I'll play a couple rounds of Cage Match with you now if you'd like.

Zomba13

Just finished a Tag Deathmatch with 607100 9 kills 4 deaths.
I love Bayonetta. She feels kinda OP.
Also, is it just me or is the ability that makes the spinny attack not use HP the most OP thing ever? Get invincibility and get out of combos and tight spots for free.

Jawmuncher

Mitch Fucking Dyer.

Guy use to be a frequent back in the day on my buddies forum. Needless to say his opinions weren't very popular there either.
Still I gotta applaud him did making it in the game journalism.

Anyway just beat the game, starting on light side. Even without MP the game is a solid 7 for me (due to its 30 price entry). Enjoyed it a lot can't wait to try some MP.

Eusis

I do have to admit this seems like one of Platinum's weaker titles. I wouldn't say worst, I'd consider MadWorld that, though it'd flip around very easily if multiplayer were removed from the equation. But it's $30, and for solid single player and good multiplayer that's than fair enough to pay I think.

SkylineRKR

AR is certainly not as polished as Vanquish and Bayonetta. But its a nice game thats worth its asking price. I love the online play, too bad the connection quality is all over the place. I roll with Fei Rin, she's completely hot and her Zi Long grabs are pushing it.

Single player... I was glad I was done with it but I liked glimpses of the White Side.

Ferrio

Banned
Just finished a Tag Deathmatch with 607100 9 kills 4 deaths.
I love Bayonetta. She feels kinda OP.
Also, is it just me or is the ability that makes the spinny attack not use HP the most OP thing ever? Get invincibility and get out of combos and tight spots for free.

For now ya... but it can be punished hard.. just not many people are capitalizing on it.. especially in hectic games.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Let's see.

The first couple of post from you are complaining.

So it's hard to deduce.

Be careful, many of his attacks are linear and easy to dodge. But who does that in AR?

What post? The ones about the mashing mini game? That's the only thing I've complained about and that's because It's physically painful for me to win those due to my disability.

That and the rampage mode being in 2v2 mode feels like an oversight.

Top Bottom