• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

kiyomi

I think 4 player DM is becoming my favourite game mode, although I haven't played CTF or deathball yet. :/

4 players in a small space just feels like frenetic enough to be exciting while manageable enough for a noob like me to semi-know what I'm doing. Cage fight is pretty cool too provided you're going against someone fairly equal to you.

One thing to random players everywhere - hit the ready button!!

Yuterald

Can you earn those multiplayer emblems by playing against bots? I barely have time to play games anymore because of my current work schedule. By the time this busy season is over I'm guessing most people will have moved on from this game. I'd like to unlock everything there is to do at some point so I'm wondering if I will have to rely on a lively community when the time comes.

Yuterald

I'm online on PSN. PlatinumGamesJP.

I'd like to join, but I gotta get to work in an hour. =(

By the way, game's got a perfect single player structure. Love the stage select/ranking screen too with all the medals you can earn. That's straight up old school PS2 action game era shit. You're one of the few devs who seem to "get" that aspect of a game. Love the total rank skull you earn too at the end of a chapter. Who decides to include that sort of shit, anyway? Is that like a consensus amongst the team or is it the director's/designers choice to make sure that stuff is in the game. Sorry if this is an odd question, lol, but I'm obsessed with ranking screens/total results sections. They always seem to be prominent in Kamiya games, at least.

Mupod

I wish Platinum would hire some better artists. Just about all their games just have terrible character designs.

Yeah, what the hell are they thinking with this 'originality' crap? Half-panther David Bowie with a robotic gun leg? Weathered old guy in a robot suit reminiscent of medieval knight armor with pile bunkers for arms? Cyborg Dokuro-chan? Should've just used a bunch of bald space marines.

Yeah, what the hell are they thinking with this 'originality' crap? Half-panther David Bowie with a robotic gun leg? Weathered old guy in a robot suit reminiscent of medieval knight armor with pile bunkers for arms? Cyborg Dokuro-chan? Should've just used a bunch of bald space marines.

The game has a whole has some great character and world design, but I'll admit that Max looks like he walked right off the set of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Not that I disagree with what you're saying here, not at all, but...I've got the Dokuro-chan DVD in front of me right now. Who in AR looks like her?

By the way, game's got a perfect single player structure. Love the stage select/ranking screen too with all the medals you can earn. That's straight up old school PS2 action game era shit. You're one of the few devs who seem to "get" that aspect of a game.

Totally agree. This game feels like it would have been a perfect late-era Dreamcast game.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That was probably the most fun multi game I've ever had.

Seriously. Wanted to stick around to play more, but I should probably get some sleep (yes, it's 10:30 in the morning...my sleep pattern is so jacked up from being sick the past few days it's ridiculous). Good games, everyone! :D

Coxy

Is it really easy to get platinum awards in this or am I just somehow doing well? Got platinum in every mission so far

also add me, should be getting some multi in over the next week

Coxy; Zieghardt; PS3

Himself

I love that the game makes you put the controller in your lap and mash buttons. I haven't had to get this physical with a controller in a long time. Feels old school. Feels good.

Volcynika

Someone should explain the button mashing thing with two rampages or whatever. I get wrecked a good bit but I'm tapping the button as fast as possible D:

Must be something I'm missing!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Damn. Now I kinda wish I'd stuck around for the last match. I had every intention of going to sleep, but that obviously hasn't happened yet. :lol

I'll be sure to jump in the next time you're hosting a game, JP. It was great fun today! :D

Someone should explain the button mashing thing with two rampages or whatever. I get wrecked a good bit but I'm tapping the button as fast as possible D:

Must be something I'm missing!
There's a character skill that you can equip that assists you in those I believe. Other than that it's just pure physical mash.

maks

Picking up my gamestop preorder today. I have no idea if its PS3 or 360. It doesn't tell me in the email and my order details aren't showing up

Jhoan

God the main menu in this game is so fuckin stylish. I like it a lot. Caught myself just watching and listening to the music for a little while.

Also throw me on the list for 360. Haven't touched the multiplayer yet though, too scared.

Tomat; t0mat03; 360
Accept the fact that the MP in this game is the Dark Souls of MP games in that you will get destroyed and have fun. Adam Blade and I got crushed in a 1-20 Team Deathmatch with 2 level 50 dudes but it was fun. You'll love Death Ball.
Which version should i pick up?
Which ever version has the most people playing it ultimately. We can always use more people on the 360 version but again, it comes down to individual preference.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I just lost a tdm 21 - 2.

Ive never lost by that much in a game in recent memory haha

I lost a couple 20-0 a couple days ago. No teamwork at all. It was terrible.

Also, I played Survival last night, and learned that people will bitch about you using Bayonetta, even if you're on the same team.

Neiteio

The thing I like about Bayonetta is she's sexy because she's confident. I don't feel like a perv playing as her, even as she turns half-naked using her spell attacks. Plus, her unusual proportions -- the spidery limbs, in particular the long legs -- make her look even more dynamic in action, which I'm sure was the intent with her design.

Of course, this game (in what I would say is rare for Japanese games) celebrates the female ass quite a bit, as we see with Mathilda and Sasha. Also, Sasha has a beautiful face -- they really gave her some expressive eyes.

I love all three of the Rin sisters, Rin Rin perhaps being my favorite design-wise, and Ai Rin the most fun to play. Fei is extremely sexy, especially her pole-dancing moves. Damn.

Erm, anyway.

Played into the wee hours of the morning last night. I hit Rank 22 and unlocked the last character, Gargoyle. Ninety percent of the time, I play Big Bull, no matter the mode. If you persist with him, you start winning with him. Each new enemy sets me back to square one, but then I start learning the enemy and adapting Bull to them. I'm not cleaning up the competition by any means, but I'm having a ton of fun, dealing damage and keeping others on their toes. :)

Tag Team Deathmatch is superb, btw. Just you and and a partner, against another pair. It strikes the right balance between Death Match and Cage Fights by allowing you to focus on one person at a time, more easily, but giving you more breathing room, should you need it.

Roto13

I need to get a survival game going later. I want to clear it on all of the different stages.

So far I've cleared it on the following stages:

None of them.

Top Bottom