• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Sorry for leaving so early, Mono. Had plans to watch The Hunger Games. Thanks for playing with me, though! I need to learn some Fei Rin combos.

And I totally lucked out in that Douglas game LOL

EDIT: Also sorry if it was laggy or whatnot, my connection has been bad today.

akaoni

Banned
Fired up the game for another spin this evening, and immediately got a great lobby with no issues. Maybe PSN was at fault, or redeeming the DLC codes gave me VIP status for lobby finding, or everyone read my plight and decided to make themselves available for me personally. Game is so much fun when it works, brings back fond memories of Power Stone 2. The worst part about this game is that there are so many characters with tons of presence, that you wish a number of them were the main character in their very own game.

Neiteio

Fired up the game for another spin this evening, and immediately got a great lobby with no issues. Maybe PSN was at fault, or redeeming the DLC codes gave me VIP status for lobby finding, or everyone read my plight and decided to make themselves available for me personally. Game is so much fun when it works, brings back fond memories of Power Stone 2. The worst part about this game is that there are so many characters with tons of presence, that you wish a number of them were the main character in their very own game.
Give Big Bull and/or Baron their own games, and I will buy them SO HARD.

I'm getting totally sodomized, but this game is a blast
LOL, this should be quoted on the game's box.

maks

My pre order was for 360. I tried it as ps3 but the bayonetta dlc wouldn't print out. It doesn't look like thereI is any other way of getting it :(

RangerBAD

Are there any guides on tech for the game? Also, what's the best way to deal with 360 moves interrupting your combo all the time? Is there any real counter to it?

Neiteio

Are there any guides on tech for the game? Also, what's the best way to deal with 360 moves interrupting your combo all the time? Is there any real counter to it?
Just do your best to anticipate the spin, guard-block away from it, then step in to grab them when the animation ends... Maybe!

Kade

I'm attempting to play some Player Matches but I keep getting the "Lobby is Full" message. If anyone's down to play, add me on PSN @ dygbert.

Also, if anyone has a spare Bayonetta code or has access to one, I would greatly appreciate it and will repay you.

Riposte

Yeah, I hate DLC too, but Platinum is like one of the smallest offenders out there. What, there were like 3 pre-order guns for Vanquish and a few modes and a character for Anarchy? Not the biggest deal in my books when compared to the other companies out there. Bayonetta and its no-DLC stance was more than enough brownie points for me too. I get that it's a necessary evil, but at least PG doesn't try and pull tricks or BS its fans (unlike a certain other company...).

It is funny you say that, because in an interview Kamiya more or less said that Bayonetta was a freebie and maybe it won't be next time. I wouldn't be surprised if Bayonetta 2 has DLC. He is not against DLC as long as it is "extra" content. PG in general seems "pro-DLC", if an "anti-DLC" stance existed among devs.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Fudge connection just died during a cage match (._. )

Also before that, went 14-1 in Deathball. I feel like that mode is always completely one sided.

RangerBAD

There is no company that is truly anti-DLC in this generation. There's money to be made there plain and simple. DLC isn't really terrible if done right. What I hate more is just exclusive pre-order based on where you buy it. This is especially bad in Japan. Did you guys see all the different color skins you could get from Japanese retailers in the latest MGR trailer? Same skin different color.

schlew

I'm attempting to play some Player Matches but I keep getting the "Lobby is Full" message. If anyone's down to play, add me on PSN @ dygbert.

Also, if anyone has a spare Bayonetta code or has access to one, I would greatly appreciate it and will repay you.

Sent you a PM.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Unfortunately we still can't get the game to work online, period, here - PS3 version.

NAT is type 2, everything is configured for PS3 games to work correctly via Type 2 NAT, and every other game works flawlessly.

So, yeah. The game thinks every lobby is full, and if we start a lobby it grinds for a minute and boots me from my own lobby - lol.

kiyomi

Sorry for leaving so early, Mono. Had plans to watch The Hunger Games. Thanks for playing with me, though! I need to learn some Fei Rin combos.

And I totally lucked out in that Douglas game LOL

EDIT: Also sorry if it was laggy or whatnot, my connection has been bad today.
It's cool. Enjoyed those 1v1s, it's a good way to learn characters, and we were pretty evenly matched. You may have noticed I was sticking to a lot of the same combos, ha.

Connection seemed fine, although yeah, I suspect foul play on a couple of those Douglas rounds :D

Really loving this, need to play more sp though. And the soundtrack is amazing!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It is funny you say that, because in an interview Kamiya more or less said that Bayonetta was a freebie and maybe it won't be next time. I wouldn't be surprised if Bayonetta 2 has DLC. He is not against DLC as long as it is "extra" content. PG in general seems "pro-DLC", if an "anti-DLC" stance existed among devs.

I don't think the choice is up to them regardless

I don't think DLC is ever a design concept so much as a publisher decision. They just make the content

That said I think Bayonetta 2 is pretty safe as Nintendo doesn't really have a history of offering preorder or paid DLC for its disc games to my knowledge.

The worst part about this game is that there are so many characters with tons of presence, that you wish a number of them were the main character in their very own game.

Co-Op Rin Action game/Beat Em Up

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, this is definitely one of those mid-cycle PS2 action game gems. It's like something that would have released during the early-to-mid 2000's, or as you said, a late-era Dreamcast game. I guess the majority of today's gamers (the media, critics) don't want these types of games anymore. I for one fucking bathe in this sort of shit. I've always felt like Platinum was the last developer carrying the torch from the PS2 era. I doubt they look at it with that perspective, but that's how I see it. Games like Bayonetta, for example, are perfect extensions/evolutions to games like Devil May Cry 1/3.

It's also nice to see how they rely very little on DLC and all that other modern day gaming garbage too. It feels so good to actually get a game with unlockables and cool ranking/total results screens.

Oh, and I too fucking love the cut scenes in their games. I always look forward to that P* logo display during the introduction. It's the kind of shit Capcom used to do (and still does, to some degree), only Platinum Games doesn't suck shit. I've said it a million times and I'm sure others have thought this too, but PG is my new Capcom. They've been my new Capcom since Bayonetta and with each passing release that sentiment only becomes stronger. I REALLY hope these guys can stick around for good because no one else is doing shit like this (although, I do think Yakuza Studio still has that "it" factor).

I couldn't have made a better post. Completely agree.

Zaventem

Ok played a few match it sure takes getting used to.Favorites are RinRin and Durga.Those long range kill steals ahahaha.I like Garuda but i'm so shit with him.

Roto13

Max is played by Robert Pine. I'm pretty sure Roto13 is getting his information from a GameFAQs thread from before the game was even released, where people were just guessing VAs.

Like I'd check GameFAQs for anything. :p I got it from IMDb. Which is apparently lying. (I just checked the credits a minute ago and you're right.)

Neiteio

You know what would've been perfect for this game? A training room to practice while waiting for the lobby slots to fill up with people in multiplayer. Kid Icarus Uprising had this in Free-For-All and Light vs. Dark.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Like I'd check GameFAQs for anything. :p I got it from IMDb. Which is apparently lying. (I just checked the credits a minute ago and you're right.)

IMDB is like a less reliable Wikipedia. In that anyone can edit it, but the moderation is nowhere near as thorough as Wiki.

You know what would've been perfect for this game? A training room to practice while waiting for the lobby slots to fill up with people in multiplayer. Kid Icarus Uprising had this in Free-For-All and Light vs. Dark.
Blazblue has it, too. Would have been a very welcomed feature.

Zaventem

Quick question, sometimes in multiplayer i see myself giving off a blue aura and then it just disappears.Does anyone know what it is?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
In the game you unlock the 3D models and put them in different colored clothing. I wish this carried over to the story mode.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lol getting Target Sighted platinumed is bullshit. You have to get perfect, which good luck with that when the smoke is covering all the cars randomly hitting you during the bombings.

LarryButz

Fuck those infinite combos. Was in a deathmatch where everyone used them ;_;
Otherwise, I did decent in the other games and so far this is my personal best
Photo01121827.jpg

Xevren

Really like Deathball, kind of wish the game had more objective type modes. Then again what's the point, I haven't even been able to see a CTF game yet.

Kade

I wish you could set the items so that only the piles of tires spawn. Some gimmick game modes like rifles only or something would be really hilarious too.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is Oinkie played by Yuri Lowenthal? Oinkie's typical voice doesn't necessarily sound like him, but every once in awhile I think I hear him slip through.

Top Bottom